Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 Street Glide + Fuel Motor 2-1-2 Ceramic, to XXX or not?  (Read 991 times)

bkervaski

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

Morning all!

Any opinions on whether or not the Fuel Moto XXX has any benefited over the standard 2-1-2 on the stock 110 CVO setup?  I may do a  113 later, but not for at least a season.  With that much volume I'm wondering if it robs compression if the motor isn't built.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 09:51:00 AM by bkervaski »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2015 Street Glide + Fuel Motor 2-1-2 Ceramic, to XXX or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 02:32:50 PM »

The guys who do a lot of dyno tuning would be the only ones truly qualified to answer your question, but just from a strictly theoretical viewpoint I'd say probably not.  Just going by their claims, the pipe was designed for bigger engines producing significantly more power than your 110.  And while they make a big deal about their oversized collector and tapered primary tubes, the actual outlets are the standard 1.75" diameter so it's compatible with all those standard size mufflers out there.  Not exactly the same as using a 1" garden hose to feed into a 3/4" garden hose and then into a flow restricted nozzle, but the analogy might be closer than you think.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Born2Live

• Full CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: FLHXSE 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: VRSCF 2013 V Rod Muscle
Re: 2015 Street Glide + Fuel Motor 2-1-2 Ceramic, to XXX or not?
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:36:51 PM »

Did the E series pipe and the 2-1-2 ceramic pipe. I love it!  The XXX pipe is for larger bore engines.   Contacts Fuelmoto and they will guide you in the right direction.   I've done two bikes with them and I can't say enough good things about them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fuelmoto 2-1-2 Jackpot Headers
Fuelmoto FLH E Series Mufflers - 14 discs

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 22 queries.