Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"  (Read 33119 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 08:35:48 AM »

Infotainment screen represents a terrible design for an open air vehicle >:(! In a cloudy bright (midday) scenario, I can't see anything but a reflection of the cloudy sky! Called Harley-Davidson Tech Support to register my complaint and suggested an appropriate color matching hood and/or a matte screen protector. I was told they are fully aware of the issue and are working on a solution. She indicated that my suggestions are already on the list of considerations and that I should advise my dealer to notify me when the MOCO does something about it. Being a safety related issue, I believe they'll take action. I certainly hope it doesn't happen on "island time" LOL!

It's pretty sad when you think about it.  The problem is so obvious there is no excuse for them not catching it in early product development reviews, and if not then then at least in prototype testing (let's be nice and positive and assume they actually test anything these days).  But from day one the retail customers have been complaining, and after all this time they are still just compiling a list of possible solutions?  Yup, I can see they really assigned a high priority to this safety related problem.

Considering how long it has taken to get the infotainment system to even work reasonably well, don't be surprised if this issue is just allowed to drag on until it dies, like so many others do.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »

Tournado safely inside the garage :)
Hi Trigger-Man. I have just taken delivery same bike colour, etc. what a fantasic bike to ride.
Looking at your picture, is that a side light you have on the fairing??
if so, can you supply source details please. Thanks, Miceracs
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 10:53:17 AM »

Hi Trigger-Man. I have just taken delivery same bike colour, etc. what a fantasic bike to ride.
Looking at your picture, is that a side light you have on the fairing??
if so, can you supply source details please. Thanks, Miceracs
Its a reflection. I had to look at it twice to see it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

Reflection it is....but it brings some lighting ideas to mind.... ::)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »

Considering how long it has taken to get the infotainment system to even work reasonably well, don't be surprised if this issue is just allowed to drag on until it dies, like so many others do.

Jerry
I still do not feel it operates reasonably well.  Full of Issues on a head unit that has been on the market over 19 months.  Glare is just one, the AVC that still does not work, rear speakers that can't be heard, fade that has little to no effect.  Nav system that auto bright never returns to bright after a tunnel, map shows turning left, written indicates right and voice saying right, when it is a left or visa versa. 

Sad for a 23K bike, and ridiculous for a 40K bike. 

The only Rushmore on this, was rushmore to get it into production.....Quality and functionality be damned. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »

Confirming ......yes a reflection. Here's a more frontal photo. Interestingly, relating to my call to the MoCo yesterday, I just received a call from H-D asking about my Customer Service experience. Clearly, someone in management cares enough about customer satisfaction to implement a survey of how well they are doing and how satisfied we are. Thus far, I've had mostly positive and respectful experiences with H-D and that's what my survey answers reflected. In answer to a "was the problem solved" question, I did advise them that it was not yet resolved. I shall allow them the opportunity to "make it right" before I "go off on them" as so many on these forums do. Sometimes I wonder if a few of us are competing to see who can grouse the most .......it's almost like being in the military .....ain't happy unless they're bitching about something LOL ::)! I hope to report a reasonable solution to this issue .....or I may be joining the grousers :(!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »

I have call four times, twice on my bike, and twice on my wife's bike.  Same issues on the head units on both bikes.

So, I call on mine, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  This is first week in Oct.  I am told they have never heard of these issues and will look into it.  I call the next day about my wife's 15 Road Glide Special, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  The guy says they have never heard of these issues.  I asked if no one there had heard of the issues, and he said no reports of it.  So I asked what about the call yesterday on my 15 CVO?  He starts stammering.  Realizes they have been caught not being honest.

Next update comes out.  Same issues.  Call again.  Again told they have never heard about it.  Told them the name of who I talked to in Oct about it, this was a Dec call.  I tell them about the two bikes reported by me in Oct.  Then I get they are working on the issues.  They will be corrected in the next update. 

Next update.  Issues not corrected.  Debating weather its worth waisting my time to call again.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »

I have call four times, twice on my bike, and twice on my wife's bike.  Same issues on the head units on both bikes.

So, I call on mine, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  This is first week in Oct.  I am told they have never heard of these issues and will look into it.  I call the next day about my wife's 15 Road Glide Special, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  The guy says they have never heard of these issues.  I asked if no one there had heard of the issues, and he said no reports of it.  So I asked what about the call yesterday on my 15 CVO?  He starts stammering.  Realizes they have been caught not being honest.

Next update comes out.  Same issues.  Call again.  Again told they have never heard about it.  Told them the name of who I talked to in Oct about it, this was a Dec call.  I tell them about the two bikes reported by me in Oct.  Then I get they are working on the issues.  They will be corrected in the next update. 

Next update.  Issues not corrected.  Debating weather its worth waisting my time to call again.

This is exactly what Jerry was referring to when he said they will just allow it to drag on until it dies.....such a shame.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

This is exactly what Jerry was referring to when he said they will just allow it to drag on until it dies.....such a shame.

I have two 110's and most likely they are keepers. (or have been so far)
My priorities have changed and based on the experiences I read above and the typical 110 issues the two I own will be all the trouble I
am willing to deal with.

As Rob said, it is a shame.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »

Just curious, do you have the same unit function issues with your's Rob or just the glare problem?

Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »

My priorities have changed and based on the experiences I read above and the typical 110 issues the two I own will be all the trouble I
am willing to deal with.

SBB

Exactly Chip.  That is why I backed off considering a 2015 model.  I've modded my '07 and my '12 to get them set up the way I want.  Too darn much trouble and expense to do the same on a new one most especially when the new one has deficiencies my current ones do not have.  Think I'll be hanging on the them for a while.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »

Guess that was the Kick in the A** in needed.  Well be calling about the head unit / Nav on both bike on Monday.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »

am willing to deal with.

SBB

The 110's have been good to me.  44K on the 09 SERG when I traded it, nothing major with it, starter under warranty.  It did have the lifters fail the week after I traded it.  45,500 on the 12 SERG when I traded it, only issue was the regulator, failed on the way to MI bike was five months old.  Recall for it came in the mail 5 days after it failed.  13 SERK, no issues, but I built the motor.

The 15 Runs best stock of any of the 110's I have owned.  Minor issue with the coolant leak when cold, fixed. 

The head unit is the issue.  No excuses for it not to work as designed.  Been in production 19 months.  Seems to me they could easily fix the simple things, its all software.  I work with Machine automation, which is all software.  I would be out of a job if I could not fix software issues. 

The AVC is just a holding bit or circuit not programed right, as it actually works if you turn it off and back on.  Should be a simple fix for a first year software engineer. 

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »

Just curious, do you have the same unit function issues with your's Rob or just the glare problem?

Exact same ones. Best bike I've ever owned though other than the head unit issues.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »

Exact same ones. Best bike I've ever owned though other than the head unit issues.

Fully agree.  I called customer service today about both my bike's head unit then an hour later about my wife's head unit on her bike.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 20 queries.