Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73

Author Topic: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project  (Read 189423 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project
« Reply #870 on: July 13, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »

Don, your attention to detail is impeccable.
No chit!!!! You notice the battery hold down is powdercoated/painted red too!!!...

Don didn't miss a trick when it came :pimp:'n out this bike. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #871 on: July 13, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »

Here is the same new-to-me seat with and without the V-Rail.
Oh Yeah... :2vrolijk_21:....lines are much better (even tho I've always liked  that rail and actually tried a few times to figure a way to get one to work on my scooter) w/o the rail with that seat.  Looked great with the other further-back solo, but this seats lines even with the backrest make the scooter look much better w/o the rail IMO.  That seat even 'looks' more comfortable with the add'l. bit of padding over the heat element.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #872 on: July 13, 2012, 03:30:50 PM »

Don...I will give you my opinion, whether you want it or not.  ;)  I like it without the rails on the seat.  To my eye, the rails interrupt the flow of the line of the bike down the tank, to the seat, then to the fender.  Kind of like the curve of a woman's shoulders, back, butt, and legs...you don't want anything overly obtrusive there, just an additional attraction.  And, I think the black leather looks really good on this bike...a color would make my eye stop at the seat, and then start over again.  The stitching on the seat suits the bike as well.  You done good... ;D
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #873 on: July 13, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »

And, of course, took the mounting hardware to the bead blast cabinet then primed and made them same red as all the other bits.  Just because they're hidden doesn't mean they're not red!

would that qualify as "stealth" red?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #874 on: July 13, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »

would that qualify as "stealth" red?
I believe that would be a YES to that question! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #875 on: July 13, 2012, 09:46:52 PM »

You could probably use an insulating "boot" on the positive battery cable connection.  That's also red!

Stupid thing had split in two.  Couldn't find another around here.  Next trip to the parts store....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #876 on: July 13, 2012, 09:52:11 PM »

Oh Yeah... :2vrolijk_21:....lines are much better (even tho I've always liked  that rail and actually tried a few times to figure a way to get one to work on my scooter) w/o the rail with that seat.  Looked great with the other further-back solo, but this seats lines even with the backrest make the scooter look much better w/o the rail IMO.  That seat even 'looks' more comfortable with the add'l. bit of padding over the heat element.  spyder

Don...I will give you my opinion, whether you want it or not.  ;)  I like it without the rails on the seat.  To my eye, the rails interrupt the flow of the line of the bike down the tank, to the seat, then to the fender.  Kind of like the curve of a woman's shoulders, back, butt, and legs...you don't want anything overly obtrusive there, just an additional attraction.  And, I think the black leather looks really good on this bike...a color would make my eye stop at the seat, and then start over again.  The stitching on the seat suits the bike as well.  You done good... ;D

TC, Spyder, after a day's reflection and looking at it a few more times you're both right.  The lines are better front to rear without the interruption by the rail.  It's just a cleaner look.  I was used to looking at it the other way.  Once I got past that it's better without it with this saddle.

I also don't plan any big splash of color in the seat (no Road Glide seat here).  Were I ponying up to buy new I'd have done a black saddle with a dark red welt.  But that's all.  As is this is just fine.  I'm not normally a big fan of most stitching.  But this strikes me ok.  So far I'm pleased.  Do wish it was a bit wider.  But it's not bad.  At least for 45 minutes at a time so far.  Not complaining.  Now just need to find someone with a SEEG or FLHX to buy the old one and its V-Rail.

hogasm

« Reply #877 on: July 14, 2012, 09:01:15 PM »

No chit!!!! You notice the battery hold down is powdercoated/painted red too!!!...

Don didn't miss a trick when it came :pimp:'n out this bike. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Bolt needs to match all the others....then it should be natural and not red

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #878 on: July 25, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »

Took the button heads out of the rail mount locations and used 12 point so the saddle matches the rest of the bike.

Ha, you did that for me old friend
I thank you !
Damn I wish I could have been there to chuck em over your garage roof.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #879 on: July 25, 2012, 09:45:42 PM »

Ha, you did that for me old friend
I thank you !
Damn I wish I could have been there to chuck em over your garage roof.

B B

You bet I did Brian.  They're saved any time you need to pitch anything though.  Always ready :drink: .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #880 on: October 06, 2012, 11:39:27 PM »

In the last three weeks this bike has been ridden more than at any time since its completion.  It's managed almost enough miles to be ready for an oil change.  Half of that has been in the last few weeks though.  This bike is sweet.

Handles great.  These Venom tires are sweet.  This last attempt at a saddle is much more in tune with my riding position.  It's right on for both seat height relative to the windshield I'm using and getting feet on the ground comfortably and it's good for front to back position.  So learned something.  The Corbin "close" solo for a FLHX is about the same saddle position and height as is their standard touring dual tour.  May not be right for everyone.  But it dials me in nicely.

Even used the seat heater today.  Still wish the saddle itself was a little wider.  But for local and regional riding it's fine; and damn it looks good.

The project bike is a hoot.  The little engine still runs great.  Bike handles as well as any big bike I've had (hand building may have its benefits).  Feels good in the wind.  It gets an appropriate amount of attention.  And it makes me happy.

Probably not doing its upcoming oil change at all early.  Will nurse it along a bit.  Still planning on turning the 88" into a 98" as the bike's winter project.

Nice bike 8) .

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #881 on: October 07, 2012, 12:49:15 AM »

Nothing better than all that work paying off with the smile on your face and in your thoughts while enjoying what you created!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #882 on: October 07, 2012, 02:55:18 AM »

Nothing better than all that work paying off with the smile on your face and in your thoughts while enjoying what you created!  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Amen to that MAT.  No hesitation about which bike gets the leg thrown over if it's more than two or three tank fulls away.  The Road Glide is still the all day bike.  Over the winter plan to take the skin off the seat and sculpt it just a bit though.  Needs a nose job.  That'll help it some.  Or might wimp out and get an Airhawk pad.  It doesn't need much to be an all-day seat.  But it's not quite there yet.  Just really glad it's got the seating position nailed.  The original saddle I had just wasn't right for me.  Glad someone else fit to it better.  For me this latter attempt is a much better option though. 

The 16 in the back and 18 in the front with the sticky Avon Veoms hav been a pleasure to ride too.  The bike all but falls in to the turns and sticks.  No way it's a sport bike.  But it's as good as any heavyweight I've ridden.  Combination of the good suspension front and rear, the extra stiffeners in the swingarm, all those spokes stiffening up the wheels and good tires has made for a nice combination.

Only downside has been it's one full fledged detail effort at about 2500 miles.  Oy vey that took awhile....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #883 on: October 13, 2012, 02:00:38 PM »

Had to visit a local electronics supply to collect some pieces to test a circuit for a client.  While there rummaged through a bin of loose parts.  Saw this.  It's momentary both ways.  Then an idea popped in my head.  Can anyone guess what the Road King might get some weekend this winter 8) ?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #884 on: October 13, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »

Taco launchers?
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 73

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.