Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 73

Author Topic: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project  (Read 189434 times)

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

Re: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project
« Reply #945 on: October 20, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »

Don, well thought out and the final assembly was a WOW factor.  It is amazing how when you see a bike how much you don't notice
the effort that was involved.

That is One Amazing Looking Road King.... :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #946 on: October 20, 2013, 01:29:02 PM »

Don, well thought out and the final assembly was a WOW factor.  It is amazing how when you see a bike how much you don't notice
the effort that was involved.

That is One Amazing Looking Road King.... :2vrolijk_21:

Totally agree! Your Brandywine SERK is one gorgeous and STUNNING motorcycle, Don. Amazing attention to every last little detail!

WELL DONE!  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  :cherry:

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #947 on: October 20, 2013, 02:29:45 PM »

Thanks Greg, thanks Ken.  Nice thing about this bike is that it was never not a fun project.  Sometimes they don't go that way.  But even during bouts of indecision or a couple of decisions predicated on landing fixation and finally make a drive to finish it (engine and speedometer mainly) it was never not fun to mess it nor something that wasn't a good way to kill an evening in the shop.

The speedo/tach to replace the speedo has since been a good cheap ebay score so a half hour's time fixed that re-do.  All the parts are here for the engine upgrade also.  Just have had no time to take off the top end and open the cam chest.  It runs ok as it is though.  Never not fun to ride either; even with the anemic little 88".  But soon, soon enough, it'll be better too.  Then that's it.  It's not really my thing but might even take this one down to a cruise night or car and bike show to actually get judged once.  Might be fun :drink: .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #948 on: October 20, 2013, 02:35:59 PM »

.....  Then that's it.  .....
Yea, right.... ain't a voice in your or my head that would even (think about) believe (ing) that.  ::) :P :D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #949 on: October 20, 2013, 02:45:50 PM »

Yea, right.... ain't a voice in your or my head that would even (think about) believe (ing) that.  ::) :P :D :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

That's true.  It'll need tires someday...  ::)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #950 on: November 03, 2013, 08:15:14 PM »

So brother Don, it's now 'done' aside from new tires down the road!?  :2vrolijk_21: :drink: :cherry:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #951 on: November 03, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »

So brother Don, it's now 'done' aside from new tires down the road!?  :2vrolijk_21: :drink: :cherry:

Yes, sort of.  It is and has been ridden regularly.  It's a good ride too.  Handles as well as any pre-09 bike I've ever ridden. 

There is one significant chore yet to do though.  It's a result of my landing fixation wanting to just get it finished when was making that hard push at the end.  Rather than waiting and building an engine that would be it's final mill I scored a great price on a complete running 88 and just stuck that in so I could ride it.  A fall or winter project coming up soon is a complete top and and cam chest.  Have all the parts here to make it a 98.  Just haven't had a weekend free for close to a quarter to get it done.  Soon though, very soon.  Then it really is done.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #952 on: June 30, 2014, 12:28:34 AM »

Dammit.  Bike got its first ding today.  Not catastrophic.  But it's ugly.

Taking advantage of the nice day and had the bike out over the mid day.  Stopped at a diner for a late lunch.  Was sitting where could see the bike through the window and the Ford pickup parked next to it.  Bike was nose in and pickup was backed in.

Young girl got in the pickup to drive away and someone she apparently knew drove by.  She decided she had to catch up and spun her back wheels for 50-60 feet pulling away.  One rock put a divot in the side of the left saddlebag. 

Don't expect anyone to remember the above quoted post but the incident has annoyed the hell out of me since it happened.  Just after the bike was together the saddelbag got a big divot due to someone's negligence.  I'd touched it up as best as I could and no one but me ever noticed it.  But I noticed it.  Well... it's not there anymore.

A few weeks back New Castle Harley had a left bag on eBay.  Wanted too much for it ($500) especially as the lid had been drilled for some accessory chrome pieces and it had a non OE latch.  Neither would ever match another bike.

Watched as they listed it twice and got no bids then offered $250 for just the bag.  Fortunately they took it (I think that it was going to go on matching 02 red SERK made a difference to them so good for them and thanks to them for helping out).

Box got here a few days ago and I finally got around to opening it tonight.  Bag is beautiful.  No issues at all with the external appearance.  So now my SERK is once again without ding nor divot and I'm a happy camper.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #953 on: June 30, 2014, 08:40:11 AM »

Don
    As I recall, I told you at the time you got that ding that The Gods of Scratch were appeased and you should be happy as no more slings and arrows of outrageous fortune would befall your new beauty. Now you've gone and taken back the offering to the gods. Don't be surprised something worse happens.

B B

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #954 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:48 AM »

Don
    As I recall, I told you at the time you got that ding that The Gods of Scratch were appeased and you should be happy as no more slings and arrows of outrageous fortune would befall your new beauty. Now you've gone and taken back the offering to the gods. Don't be surprised something worse happens.

B B
BB....Bad JuJu Bad... :vrolijk27:

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #955 on: June 30, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »

BB....Bad JuJu Bad... :vrolijk27:

No worse than those damn button head bolts he loves so much

B B

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #956 on: June 30, 2014, 09:09:37 AM »

B B
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #957 on: June 30, 2014, 10:30:43 AM »

Good score on the bag. I have gotten a few things from them, both new and used. And since Chicago stopped the online discount, the New Castle web site is where I tend to start looking.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #958 on: June 30, 2014, 11:23:20 AM »

B B

There's not a single button head bolt on either bike BB :huepfenlol2: !

(but there are still a few spares in the junk parts bin I'll trot out at time just to bug you)

The Road King is actually all 12 point chrome.  Or at least 98% 12 point chrome.  God help me if the Travel Gods ever screw with me away from home as most shops wouldn't have tools to work on it.  That's why it carries a few spare wrenches and sockets though.  So it's all good. 

And, yes, I know, there is a strong case to be made I should have left the divot on the bike.  It was like the house that the airplane flew in to in "Garp."  It was pre-disastered. 

Will do what I can to mitigate the bad juju and appease the TGs by in some way using the dinged bag as a display offering somehow.  Something has to work there (doesn't it?).

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #959 on: June 30, 2014, 11:29:35 AM »

Good score on the bag. I have gotten a few things from them, both new and used. And since Chicago stopped the online discount, the New Castle web site is where I tend to start looking.

Other than having heard the name I wasn't familiar with them Duane.  But certainly appreciate how they handled this.  Can't blame them at all for asking what seemed to be a too-high price to start with.  Someone might have paid it.  It is after all an all but one-off piece anymore.  But when it didn't sell after a couple rounds on eBay I sent a note asking to buy just the bag at a not-cheap-but-fair price.  They asked if I needed just "some" bag or that bag.  I explained I had one or the rare examples of that bike and needed that particular bag and they almost immediately said yes and shipped it out right away.  I appreciate their effort here very much.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 73

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.