Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73

Author Topic: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project  (Read 189438 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project
« Reply #510 on: December 29, 2011, 01:10:48 PM »

Even nose-on the look is going to be pretty good.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #511 on: December 29, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

Love the color matched nacelle. I want to do that on mine or the Fat Daddy one piece one.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #512 on: December 29, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »

or the Fat Daddy one piece one.

That's not a piece I know about John.  Quick google search didn't find it either.  Got a link or know a source for a picture?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #513 on: December 29, 2011, 06:44:29 PM »

its baddad 1 piece stretchd

http://www.baddad.com/products/part/80824
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #514 on: December 29, 2011, 06:48:18 PM »

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #515 on: December 29, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »

Neal you sent me that. Been wanting to do it. Thanks for clearing that up.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #516 on: December 30, 2011, 08:41:57 AM »

not sure how it would look with stock tins, but i think the longer nose would work well with stretched bags and rear fender
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #517 on: December 30, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »

Handlebar cover and nacelle spear made it on.  Probably jumping the gun though.  Nacelle will likely have to be off at least once more.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I was beginning to wonder when the little gold highlights would show up. Now if you'd just do the spokes on your wheels in gold and maybe the visors for the lights, it'd really be the bomb Don.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #518 on: December 30, 2011, 11:09:21 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, I was beginning to wonder when the little gold highlights would show up. Now if you'd just do the spokes on your wheels in gold and maybe the visors for the lights, it'd really be the bomb Don.

B B

I did have a bit more gold in mind when I started Brian.  It's obviously not in the tins but thought it would work in more in covers or other trim.  Hit a stump doing it with the wheels as you suggested though. 

These 100 spoke American Wires were expensive enough.  The shops I spoke with doing that kind of work whose wheels I'd actually run were just frighteningly expensive though.  Found a couple places that were more palatable but after more discussion and seeing pics of their product I'd have been afraid to ride the wheels over 20 mph.  Cheap spoke wheels are scary.

May end up that this one splash of gold on the handlebar cover is all there is.  At least for now.  Bike will always be a work in progress though.  So can't foreclose improvements later.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #519 on: December 31, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »

Spent part of the morning with the SERK project before going riding a bit this afternoon.  The old Road King had an honest to god moment this morning.  A real live momentous moment.  Put in a battery and tested most of the electrics.

So far so good too.  There was a bit of harness repair to be done.  Nothing major but enough to make a guy worry just a bit on first hook up.  All the lights work when and how they're supposed to, no fuses blew, heard all the relays relay when they should have.  Mostly all good so far.  Was nice to see.

Say "mostly" all good because it's doing one odd thing I'm unfamiliar with.  When my jumper wire does the equivalent of turning the switch on the running lights come on as you'd expect.  They stay on for three or four seconds then they quickly flash about five times.  It's a very quick flash.

Quick look in the electical/diags manual didn't find that.  The running lights and signals otherwise work as they should.  But there is something somewhere that the ECM or TSM thinks isn't right.

The ECM and TSM aren't mated.  The ECM was from an un-alarmed bike; or at least I think it was.  But perhaps it's a pairing issue between the two if the ECM had been mated to a TSSM previously.  Not far enough along to be close to firing the bike so can't yet do a full systems check.  Or maybe flaky TSM. 

Was pleased enough to see it did all it did this morning without popping a fuse or getting otherwise cranky that I'm not going to worry much about the problem now.  Something to track down later.

Nice bike :drink: :2vrolijk_21: !

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #520 on: January 03, 2012, 11:39:44 PM »

Ran in to what's been the very first assembly mismatch error while futzing around in the shop for awhile this evening.  Turns out that FatCat exhaust quite work with the rear Lindby crash bars.

It's close.  Oh so close.  But not quite.  Smaller diameter pipe, about any stock pipe, would work fine.  But the larger OD where two meets one on the FatCats is where the pipe passes through the crash bar. 

Nuts. 

Oh well, it's easy to remove a pair of crash bars. 

Oh yeah, the stupid brake pedal I had setting back for a year and a half was for a Softail.  Bag says Touring but it's a Softail pedal.  EZ Brake is now out of business and has been long enough that finding a touring pedal is probably a fool's errand.  So guess I'll go with the Kuryakyn piece.

Double nuts.

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #521 on: January 04, 2012, 03:42:12 PM »

Oh yeah, the stupid brake pedal I had setting back for a year and a half was for a Softail.  Bag says Touring but it's a Softail pedal.  EZ Brake is now out of business and has been long enough that finding a touring pedal is probably a fool's errand.  So guesgs I'll go with the Kuryakyn piece.

Double nuts.

Don, I think I've got one that I would be glad to send you as my contribution to your project.  I'll check inventory when I get home
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2012, 04:11:08 PM »

Don, I think I've got one that I would be glad to send you as my contribution to your project.  I'll check inventory when I get home

That would be great Pete.  And absolutely appreciated.  Thanks very much for even thinking about it.  Will wait on ordering the new Kuryakyn part for a day or three to see what happens.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #523 on: January 04, 2012, 05:09:27 PM »

Impressive!     I've always wanted to do a project similar to this, especially since the frame on the SERG is not painted.   Enjoyed looking through the thread twolane.

Spiderman

• aka Spiderman "guest"
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2003 FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLTR (faux CVO)
« Reply #524 on: January 05, 2012, 03:01:44 PM »

Spent part of the morning with the SERK project before going riding a bit this afternoon.  The old Road King had an honest to god moment this morning.  A real live momentous moment.  Put in a battery and tested most of the electrics

Careful with this if you're in Florida. They have a law that stipulates only two white lights of a certain candlepower can be used on the front of the motorcycle. I got a warning on an 84 Shovelhead for having my spots on at the same time as my headlight while riding down Main St at night. Had just come in from out by where the White Eagle is now and it was dark riding through Tamoka.

B B
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 73

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 21 queries.