Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73

Author Topic: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project  (Read 189418 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New 02 Brandywine SERK -- Long Term Project
« Reply #645 on: January 17, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »

Was asked what the bike looked like with the windshield on.  Not at home to take a current pic but found this one.  This windshield is actually too tall.  But not buying another screen until later decide what will happen with the saddle.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #646 on: January 17, 2012, 08:15:16 PM »

Was asked what the bike looked like with the windshield on.  Not at home to take a current pic but found this one.  This windshield is actually too tall.  But not buying another screen until later decide what will happen with the saddle.

That winshield would never work anyway, not only is it too tall... it's not red!  :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #647 on: January 17, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »

That winshield would never work anyway, not only is it too tall... it's not red!  :huepfenlol2:

More than once I've seen it setting around and realized I messed up not taking the detachable hardware to the powercoater.  Never thought of it when it all went down as the windshield wasn't close at the time and I'd not handled it for at least a year.  Just something I missed.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #648 on: January 17, 2012, 08:30:15 PM »

Hey Don...I know this may be a bit premature, but how do you like that headlight???  Have you tried it at night yet??

Mike

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #649 on: January 17, 2012, 08:53:27 PM »

Hey Don...I know this may be a bit premature, but how do you like that headlight???  Have you tried it at night yet??

Mike

At dusk but not at night.  As of a couple months ago have the same light on the red bike though.  Igniter crapped out and I made the change away from the HIDs to clear the extra parts out if the fairing and save a little amp draw.  It's every bit the light the HIDs were.  I like it a lot. 

On the red bike also installed the matching spotlights.  Those big housings aren't the right look for the SERK.  But on the SEEG it's what's always been there and what I'm used to.  Looks fine.  And the lights work great.  Very wide and very bright pattern and the headlight shoots a long way down the road.  Every bit as good was was the HID.  In fact probably a bit better.  Though that's a comparison to a five year old HID system.  So not entirely fair.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #650 on: January 17, 2012, 08:57:28 PM »

At dusk but not at night.  As of a couple months ago have the same light on the red bike though.  Igniter crapped out and I made the change away from the HIDs to clear the extra parts out if the fairing and save a little amp draw.  It's every bit the light the HIDs were.  I like it a lot. 

On the red bike also installed the matching spotlights.  Those big housings aren't the right look for the SERK.  But on the SEEG it's what's always been there and what I'm used to.  Looks fine.  And the lights work great.  Very wide and very bright pattern and the headlight shoots a long way down the road.  Every bit as good was was the HID.  In fact probably a bit better.  Though that's a comparison to a five year old HID system.  So not entirely fair.

Thanks......thinking about it to replace the stock SESG light..either night is getting darker or I am getting older :huepfenlol2:

Night must be getting darker.....yeah...that must be it.....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #651 on: January 17, 2012, 09:07:29 PM »

Thanks......thinking about it to replace the stock SESG light..either night is getting darker or I am getting older :huepfenlol2:

Night must be getting darker.....yeah...that must be it.....

That's the same dual halogen light I had in the red bike before going to HID a few years ago.  That light was terrible.  Dangerous on dark nights on the country roads.  Even on the interstate the cars behind me had greater reach ahead of me with their lights than I had with mine on high beam.  It was 55 mph light at night.  Much faster and you'd outrun its effective pattern and distance.

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #652 on: January 24, 2012, 02:29:51 PM »

I've been watching your build from the sidelines, silently cheering you on, feeling your pains & joys, living vicariously thru your on-going narratives.  Its time to say WOW!, AWESOME!, FANTASTIC!, not just the final product but the intensity of the process, the emotion, the (dare I say) love that went into each & every nut, bolt, wire & powder coated part.  Having limited restoration experience myself I understand how the finished product can be somewhat anticlimactic even though yours is still a work in progress.  Thanks again for the entertinment, now what's the next project?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #653 on: January 24, 2012, 05:04:30 PM »

I've been watching your build from the sidelines, silently cheering you on, feeling your pains & joys, living vicariously thru your on-going narratives.  Its time to say WOW!, AWESOME!, FANTASTIC!, not just the final product but the intensity of the process, the emotion, the (dare I say) love that went into each & every nut, bolt, wire & powder coated part.  Having limited restoration experience myself I understand how the finished product can be somewhat anticlimactic even though yours is still a work in progress.  Thanks again for the entertinment, now what's the next project?

Next project?  Oh my ... (gulp)  :huepfenlol2:

The replacement voltage regulator is supposed to be here tomorrow.  Hopefully nothing else is going on and can just ride it a bit.  And when the bike fired the first time she wasn't a bit anticlimactic.  That was a great feeling :2vrolijk_21: !

No major next project.  Most likely thing will be the continued evolution of this one.  The engine upgrade will be fun when that happens.

hogasm

« Reply #654 on: January 29, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

If you've got the rattle can that matches, I'd do it up red.

BTW...my Red Bike is named Ruby, as in:

Raven hair and Ruby lips
Sparks fly from her finger tips
Echoed voices in the night
She�s a restless spirit on an endless flight

Don't know why, but that song popped into my head the first long ride I took on her...

Acid trips do that to some people

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #655 on: January 31, 2012, 07:59:53 PM »

Took the Road King out this afternoon for a true maiden voyage of sorts.  About 90 miles.  For what the engine still is the little beastie runs very well.  It is a nice smooth little engine.  Power to weight being what it is the bike feels close to comparable to the 95 on the Road Glide.

The whole bike is smooth.  Suspension is dialed in now and the bike is a dream on the little roads and the big.  Up to and a just a little beyond Interstate speeds the bike pulls as well as you could ask and rides out very very nicely.  Comfortable ride even in today's 25-30 mph winds.  The lack of a fairing and tour pak makes a huge difference playing in the wind; even with the windshield on.

Bike handles very well.  Part of that of course is the attention to the details dialing it all in.  Part of it is these belted Avon Venom tires.  They handle great.  The 100 spoke wheels are very stiff.  Notice no flexing at all from the wheels.  Unless the cross winds are too present you can take your hands off the bars on this bike and watch it track like it's on a guide.  Pulling in and out of some decent twisties it dives in and pulls out like a lighter bike than it is. 

Really really pleased so far.  Still no drips, leaks nor anything added or original giving a problem except for the charging system.  Thought that gremlin was solved when the replacement regulator finally showed up early this afternoon.  But on the way home this evening the system stopped charging again.  No big deal.  Plenty of battery to get home.  But it's still something to chase down before the bike can be ridden normally and regularly. 

With all the fresh painted and powder coated surfaces will go back over all the connection points again.  Maybe it's not even a parts failure.  Have to just trouble shoot from end to end until the problem is solved.  Not fussing over this issue though.  The bike handles great, it's going to be a comfortable ride, all the accessory hook ups work and it looks outstanding.  Party on :2vrolijk_21: .

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #656 on: January 31, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »

One of the best (if not THE best) looking scoots the MoCo every put out. You just made her better! Congrats from her northern cousin.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #657 on: January 31, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »

One of the best (if not THE best) looking scoots the MoCo every put out. You just made her better! Congrats from her northern cousin.

Have it back on the table lift now Jeff.  Such a nice day and nice evening have the shop all opened up and going to try to track down the charging problem a bit.  Supposed to be very nice again tomorrow.  Supposed to also have some good sun tomorrow which wasn't in the mix today.  If so want to roll it and its siblings outside for some group photos :2vrolijk_21: .

Will tell the bike the cousin said hello.  I'm just sure I remember this one saying something about the two of them meeting up somewhere midway this spring to share roads and beers a bit.  Can't keep family apart y'know...  :drink:

Wonder how many of these things there are within a weekend's round trip?

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #658 on: January 31, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »

Will tell the bike the cousin said hello.  I'm just sure I remember this one saying something about the two of them meeting up somewhere midway this spring to share roads and beers a bit.  Can't keep family apart y'know...  :drink:

Wonder how many of these things there are within a weekend's round trip?

It would be a hoot to get em together. Still need to get down for the brake job anyway. 

JW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #659 on: January 31, 2012, 08:51:41 PM »

It would be a hoot to get em together. Still need to get down for the brake job anyway. 

JW

Forgot about that.  Know right where the box of parts is too.  They're cool  8) !

(though I think the red grills are cooler than the chrome ones!)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 73

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.