CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Michelin Commander III

<< < (9/9)

electraglideclyde:
 Has anybody tried Continental tires on their bike ?   I was reading posts on another site about them.  They seem to have good reviews and are made in the USA. I didn't even know the made bike tires.

Threephase:
I put the Conti-tour on the front and back of my Streetglide before I went to Colorado in July. Will never go back to Dunlops.

05Quadrasteer:
At 5,000 on mine so far.  Doing well in the rain and dry.  Going to keep going and see what happens as I pass through 10,000 and hopefully to 20,000 like the American Elites were doing for me.

Bill

longlast:

--- Quote from: electraglideclyde on August 27, 2020, 10:04:31 AM --- Has anybody tried Continental tires on their bike ?   I was reading posts on another site about them.  They seem to have good reviews and are made in the USA. I didn't even know the made bike tires.

--- End quote ---

Had them on my Ultra Classic,  same thing read good reviews how they are new and improved for our type of road surfacing used in Europe and made for the heavy Harley Davidson touring model.😂😂
 couldn't get them off fast enough they were slicker didn't hold the road well at all, always felt little slips all the time on corners,  would get a wobble over 75mph when lane changing or overtaking. 
In my own opinion the side walls were to soft I had to run with 3psi over max air pressure to calm down the wobble. That was after I went through all kinds of hassle trying to sort out what was causing the wobble issue. I had contacted Continental told them what was going on and it was them that suggested increasing the air pressure by 3psi to stiffen up the side walls. :nixweiss:  thought they must be in cahoots with Harley Davidson that sounded like something they would say.
Those tyres scared the Bee-jee's  out of me.

I put Cll's on and since then the bike is glued to the road with no more issues.

That pretty  much sums up my experience with Continental's.   Not to say, Continental's made in the US my be a better made performing tyre then what they make on this side of the pond.

For me they're a bad memory.      Got about 8k on these Cll's now and liking them we'll see if the write up on getting as much as 25k out of them holds any water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version