CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

Michelin Commander III

<< < (2/9) > >>

Yellow09SERG:

--- Quote from: 2002FXDWG3 on February 29, 2020, 08:14:42 PM ---Looks like they just became available in January.

Based on the interweb information, sounds like it's the Commander 2 with slight tread and rubber tweaks to improve wet cornering grip without compromising tire life.

I intend to buy these next round but won't need new tires for awhile.

--- End quote ---

That was pretty much what I have read too. If price is somewhat in line with the 2's I'll order a 3 for the front and give it a try

J.D.:
I was able to find pricing online with a simple google search.

Yellow09SERG:

--- Quote from: 2002FXDWG3 on February 29, 2020, 08:39:20 PM ---I was able to find pricing online with a simple google search.

--- End quote ---

Yes sir, quick FleaBay search shows the just about the same price

iski:
Following.

Boatman:
After seeing Harry's post about the new Michelin's, I purchased a Commander 3 front tire from JP Cycles in late January for $169 plus tax.  That's the only place I could find one at that time.  My Commander 2's had a little over 12,000 miles on them.  The rear has a lot of tread left but is starting to show scalloping and not replaced.  The front looked almost bald in spots but showed 4/32 with gauge but changed anyway.  I believe the Commander 2 fronts were about 6/32 when new so not worn that much but they don't seem to have a lot of tread on them to begin with.  Real reason I replaced as I wanted to readjust the Legend axeo's on the front.   :-\
Have only ridden about 50 miles on them in 40 degree Ohio weather.  Be in Florida next week to try it out.
So Commander 3 on the front and Commander 2 on the rear.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version