CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

tires

(1/6) > >>

TN:
ordered my replacement D407 tire last week because i was approaching 8k and middle was slick. went on a road trip... :2vrolijk_21:...now at 9300, glad i noticed this condition, too much flatland riding. sidewalls and outer tread look great. my theory is when tires get rode @ 100mph+ on a regular basis the heat makes them deteriorate faster, i have sleds which require rear tire replacement @ 3k (150mph+) so my question is there tires with different compound within...eg. middle is harder for more wear, and outer softer for twisties and such.

jeffj:
what kind of air pressure you running?

and is the scooter loaded with lots of carry ons?

jeffj

bisounours:
Happy to read you
because with a tire used like this one, you should have stopped you drive for a long time.   :o
It is very dangerous.  :(
You risks the accident with a bursting.

Please ride safe for more pleasure !  ;)

Jacques

nixobilly:
That picture gives me the heebee jeebees!!!!

You MUST have a guardian angel!  I have never in my whole life seen a tire that worn down.

Mark

nixobilly:
I have had both Metz's and Avons and run 44 in the back 40 in the front.   My milage ran 7.5k/15K on all my metz's and looks like this set of Avons will do the same.  My factory Lops got about 8.5k/15k.  I will admit that I usually replace my tire when it starts to appear flat or if the tread appears shallow -- I've never seen a "cord" show thru.....

I'm 245lbs  and do long trips with luggage, but no burnouts, and usually ride 1 up.

I have never heard about multiple compound tires so I don't know if they do exist.   I do see that the Avon - Venom X that I run (bias)  now have a radial version.
Are mfgs moving to radial MC tires?  Would be curious about the pros and cons of radials over bias as I'll be replacing mine right before I leave for Nelson this July.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version