CVO Technical > Wheels/Tires/Suspension/Brakes

SEUC Brake pad mileage

(1/1)

GC_Super:
Just curious what you guys are getting for brake pad mileage on the 06 SEUC's. At 7500 mi, I replaced the rear tire and the Dealer said the pads were OK. At 16 K miles. I had the Dealer replace both tires ( Metzler ME 880's )  The say the pads are still OK. My last bike, an 03 EG standard needed rear pads at the first rear tire change, and both at the next change. Are the Brembo pads and rotors that much better? They're also changing out the rear cyl head due to a leak. Bad castings they say.  The brakes do seem to stop fine, so I can live with not spending more $$$, was just a little suprised, that's all.

electraglideclyde:
 I have 13K on my bike and just ordered a set of Lyndall pads.  As a matter of habit, I always change rear pads when I install a new rear tire. It's just too easy when you already have the rear wheel off, and that way I never have to worry about the rear.  I check the front pads frequently, because I use the front brake waaay more than I use the back.  I usually end up changing them about every 20k, depending on how aggressive I've been riding. 

Rooster:
I changed out front and rear pads on my old RK at 20k. Had about 10 percent left but that was pulling a tent trailer and 2up for 19k of those miles. Stock HD pads. I think I will try a better pad on the new Cuse when it comes time.

charlie:
The back got changed at 10,000 and the front they say are still good.

LRebel:
On my old 02 Ultra, I ran the first set of rear pads about 25K.....that was too much.  When I changed the last rear tire, I checked the rear brake pads and they were getting paper thin.
I will always plan to change the rear brake pads on everyother rear tire in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version