CVO Technical > Twin Cam

What about the S&S 143?

<< < (3/3)

Fltrx143:
 I only have about 3000 on my 143 now, I will say if you have never owned a big inch motor you probably won't be happy. It does not like stop and go traffic and runs about 260+ degree oil on average. It does have 167hp/155tq.It is the smoothest motor I  have ever owned above 3250 but will rattle every bolt loose at idle! It pulls hard to 120mph and I still have about 2500 rpm until redline! It cost me an arm and a leg but it sure is fun!!! It is definitely not for everyone! And S&S is the best customer service company I have ever had the pleasure dealing with they went way above and beyond to make sure my install and Bike were in perfect running order. I am definitely a customer for life! Amazing company!

FlaHeatWave:
My Bud's at Oasis Cycle in Brandon, MS have installed 3 of them so far...

"It's a whole different animal" :pepper: :carrot: :bananarock:

SDCVO:
I really want one...

GMR-PERFORMANCE:
Not sure about the heat that is not a issue when correctly tuned from my experience. oil temp that is not bad it could be a bit lower but region , tune, etc will have effect on that , as well where the oil temp sensor is also located .   It is extremely smooth as well not a rattling engine what so ever. But it could be that with each chassis we know the engine sits in a different location your may be bound up slightly .

Not uncommon to have odd fitment heck I had a 15 I just did that the DD 2-1 fat cat fount me for over an hour to get the pipe one. the 117 drop on build right after it same year bike same pipe slipped on like butter.

TReid:
Hey BOYZ
I'm in thr process of dropping a 143 Dragon in my 03 ultra, shes already chain drive, Baker trans , airshifter n she's on Nitrous so the bottle will go on this new motor.  I see a few guys has purchased the DRAGON, what's ur thoughts on this BEAST n longevity on her n whats the does n don't s with this n what should I be aware of? Oh I bought theock up clutch for her too. THANKS FOR ANY REPLYS CHEERS!...🍻

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version