CVO Technical > Twin Cam

What about the S&S 143?

<< < (2/3) > >>

GMR-PERFORMANCE:
16 SG D&D pipe AIM lock up with a 480 spring , S&S 70 MM t/b S&S injectors  Rest is stock customer has just over 10,000 . He rode to Houston a few times and then it was ridden to strugis and then a few other trips. The clutch does struggle on a 6 th gear pull on the dyno but on the street its not been an issue. But then again its making 140 at a low RPM .. IF the clutch was able to hold better I would have made a 2000 start point but it was not in the cards. The engine runs great down there and street manners are extremely nice. I pulled the clutch apart at the 10K service it looked great. MPG has been about 31-33 ( this engine run's 13.5 afr at the leanest I set it at 13.2 to be safe, you cannot run it at 14.3 etc in the cruise as it will run too hot, that is PER S&S )  To me that is about the only draw back is MPG

Unbalanced:
Was that the CF2 complete with EVO hub?  Which springs black?

GMR-PERFORMANCE:
No it was not the CF2  it was the AIM lock up with spring..  In the past the CF2 did not work well for the larger bikes I had done and cost wise I did not feel I wanted to go there again . I know that they have made some changes but in the past the CF2 ran the stock clutch pack.  From what I still know it is still running the stock pack or a +1  there are no fibers or steels with the kit unless you add that. The billet hub is a nice bonus if you want to call it that . You are after all paying for it.

the ability to adjust the lock up is a new feature.

FlaHeatWave:

--- Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on August 22, 2016, 11:55:52 AM ---No it was not the CF2  it was the AIM lock up with spring..  In the past the CF2 did not work well for the larger bikes I had done and cost wise I did not feel I wanted to go there again . I know that they have made some changes but in the past the CF2 ran the stock clutch pack.  From what I still know it is still running the stock pack or a +1  there are no fibers or steels with the kit unless you add that. The billet hub is a nice bonus if you want to call it that . You are after all paying for it.

the ability to adjust the lock up is a new feature.

--- End quote ---

Stock components otherwise??

GMR-PERFORMANCE:
yes it was a brand new bike with 6 miles on it . I pulled the stock engine installed the 143 and its parts kit DD pipe the AIM and tuned it .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version