CVO Technical > Twin Cam

110 to 117 upgrade

<< < (2/16) > >>

TIMINATOR:
I am the guy that started the thread on cam companies not publishing specs anywhere on their cams. I still believe that you can't know if you have good HP numbers, or what to really expect unless you know all of the cam specs and actual head flow. Same deal with throttle bodies, and flow numbers. Don't tell me how great it is, back it up with real published flow numbers, and at what depression the numbers are generated at! Also due to the fact that almost nobody has a cam analyzer, some cam companies advertise what specs their cams are, but they are in fact bigger.  That's why "you have to use only our special springs with our special cams." This practice was very prevalent in the automotive industry during the 1970s and later during the so-called "Cam Wars."
We do not install, sell, or recommend any cams without published numbers. and we do have a cam analyzer.
With all of that said, and no published cam specs that I could find anywhere, I couldn't tell if your HP numbers are good or not.
Having the cam analyzer allows us to see what the cam actually is, and whether the published specs are correct. It keeps everybody honest.  As the data guys say: "Garbage in = Garbage out."   TIMINATOR

TIMINATOR:
P.S. the MVA heads provide a torque and HP gain over the 110 heads. This is because the MVAs have a lesser volume in the intake runner size to keep the intake velocity higher, and they also out flow the 110 heads too. To get the same results with a 110 head you have to fill the intake runners and grind in other places and then install the 2.120" intake valves. Just buy the MVAs, do a small amount of touch up work, and be done with them. That's why the MVAs start with a different casting.   TIMINATOR

greentp99:
Not really sure what that rant was about. Gave the build with measured result.
Nobody is debating cam specs and measured air flows.

Just showing results with parts installed. Doesn’t need to go much deeper than that unless you want to start hypothetically swapping parts and speculating on outcome.

HD Street Performance:
The kit from harley with stock heads se 259 cams no porting makes what?

DOCGSS:
I used the HD stage IV 117 kit unchanged, the SE High Flow SE Air cleaner, V & H True Duals Header and RC 4.5" slip ons, my dyno numbers were max Torque 123.85 @ 3900 rpm Max Power 113.24 @ 5830 rpm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version