CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Blown 110 motor 2014 CVO Breakout at 18,000 miles

(1/5) > >>

Phattaildeuce:
Looking for any and all comments regarding 2013/2014 problems with the 110 screaming eagle
Motor. I have a 2014 with 18K miles. In June it started stuttering. Brought to Smoky Mountain Harley in Maryville TN. Issue: lifters went and blew the engine. Harley spent 2.5 months to tell me they would not “good will” me and fix it. Small amount of research tells
Me Harley knew about the problem and did not recall the 2013 and 2014 bikes. Does anyone know if a class action has been started on the issue? Anyone experience this problem?

johnsachs:
Lifters = Some do and some don't last. IMO, a more than an average amount of Harley lifters seem to sign off early. When a bike comes in here for performance work, I usually replace the lifters with a non-factory brand. ;) Even if they look good. I don't know anything about a class action suit. Also, it seems the "B" series Harley lifters used early on TC engines rarely had problems.
John

OBB:

--- Quote from: Phattaildeuce on September 04, 2021, 01:41:04 PM ---Looking for any and all comments regarding 2013/2014 problems with the 110 screaming eagle
Motor. I have a 2014 with 18K miles. In June it started stuttering. Brought to Smoky Mountain Harley in Maryville TN. Issue: lifters went and blew the engine. Harley spent 2.5 months to tell me they would not “good will” me and fix it. Small amount of research tells
Me Harley knew about the problem and did not recall the 2013 and 2014 bikes. Does anyone know if a class action has been started on the issue? Anyone experience this problem?

--- End quote ---
They didn't recall any of the 2007 -2016 110 engines for lifters. Why would the '13-'14 bikes be special? 7 year old bike that's 5 years out of factory warranty will get laughed out if court. I'm surprised SMHD even tried to get some goodwill money out of HD on a bike that old. Not being sarcastic, just realistic.

sent using Tapatalk

HD Street Performance:
Harley started putting in the SE lifters in 2013, my 2013 didn't have them, not sure when in the year that happened.  A placebo of an upgrade ssnd.

Twolanerider:
A bunch of wankers on the internet (like us) isn't where one should want to do their legal research.  That's what places like lexisnexis or other comparable tools is for.  Other's have already commented on the likelihood of satisfaction seeking warranty redress when you're years out of warranty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version