CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Low idle stallng

(1/4) > >>

longlast:
I've been dealing with this intermediate low idle stalling on my 07 ultra for some time now. It doesn't always stall out but when it happens it continually wants to cut out at every stop the only way to rectify the issue is to turn off the ignition then restart the motor then it won't stall out at further stops (like in town stop n go).
Well yesterday I took a ride out to Robin Hood Harley Davidson about a 30 mi none stop run on a 60 mph road i got into town and had no stalling issues at any of the stopping points (lights n traffic) then I pulled into the Dearlerships Court yard "bang" it wanted to stall out ????

I ordered up a throttle positioning sensor perhaps replacing that it will cure the problem.

Any other thoughts are welcome, Cheers

Joel:
Does the bike have a fast idle at cold start up? If not the idle air control motor may be sticky or needs to be replaced.  Also cleaning the throttle plate can help.

longlast:

--- Quote from: Joel on September 17, 2021, 09:03:28 AM ---Does the bike have a fast idle at cold start up? If not the idle air control motor may be sticky or needs to be replaced.  Also cleaning the throttle plate can help.

--- End quote ---

Yes it has,  it runs at about 1200rmp for 30 sec or so and then drops as it warms up. To 950 rpm

The throttle plat is clean since I've rerouted the CCV out from entering the throttle body.  I cleaned the air temperature sensor as well.

HD Street Performance:
Clean the iac passage and valve with carb cleaner. 

ultra13:
X2 the IAC     Had that happen to a friend of mine 2 years ago. Carb cleaner did the trick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version