CVO Technical > Twin Cam

2004 CVO 103+ head engine build thread

(1/3) > >>

BigInchIron:
so like the title says I'm doing a build. what i have is my 2000 Screaming eagle roadglide 95" stock bottom end with S&S 4 3/8 stroker flywheels, stock 2004 CVO 103 cylinders and pistons and the stock CVO 103+ heads with the script on them in my bike. with the SE253 cam. i got all the CVO stuff from my cousin last year he built his to a 110". i have put 5,000 miles on it the last year and last weekend we put the redshift 587 cam in it and set my lifters started it and it sounded like the valves on the front cylinder were hitting each other. so i readjusted them and the horrible sound went away. i rode it Friday to Westworld for bike week and it sounded kinda noisy but not too bad. it made a little noise on the top end for a while. I always thought it was the rocker arms. anyway between Friday and yesterday I put 200 miles on it and last night it ran awesome but started getting really noisy so i parked it and today i tore it down. I'm looking for advise or suggestions as to what you all think i should do with it. i took some pics and i will post them to get your input. there's a guy in Tempe known as sbc he does these 103+ heads. i talked to him Friday and I'm bringing my heads to him tomorrow to get them ported and whatever else he says. he's like 15 minute from me. he said the turnaround time is about 10 days. I couldn't see anything wrong with the valves but I'm not a machinist. the motor only has like 5,000 miles on it since everything was new last year

BigInchIron:
zippers said the stock rocker supports and rockers were fine but i was kinda thinking about switching to their rocker supports and rocker arms and maybe the S&S roller rockers. my budget is about 5k

BigInchIron:
from researching the forum i have seen a few guys use these cams with good results.

Ironhorse:
If you have a 2000, it has the old Magnetti-Marelli fuel injection system, those can be finicky and the parts are getting harder to find.  Just make sure whomever you take it to for the tune is familiar with these old systems and knows how to work with them.  I had a 2001 and was told that the dual runner intake throttle body was somewhat limited with displacement.

BigInchIron:
i deleted the magnetti marelli injection and converted it to a S&S super e carb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version