CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Valve guide removal Q.

(1/7) > >>

longlast:
   Believe the valve seals are not holding up as I'm having oil consumption.

I've been trying to find what size of v/v guide (if I need to replace them) are used  in the 07 ultra classic..is the v/v stem 5/16 or 7mm ? 

I know there was a head recall for the 07 and 08 touring but I don't know if my 07 was done I got it in 2010 and didn't know anything about the recall.
If the heads were changed would that explain the two  different guide sizes?

When I pull it down and find ill need new guides  i recall seeing something about upgrading the v/v guides with a longer guide.  if I recall that increased life spand of the guide (or something of that nature) any input on that maybe?

I've done a compression test and got 175 psi F (cold) and 165 psi R (cold)

The plugs are light gray.

So I'm hoping ive only got to replace the seals. If not what size removal and install tool would I need?  Cheers 🍻 All input appreciated

Twolanerider:
No answers to any of the questions Pete (sorry about that) but after reading was curious about the oil use.  How much is going through it and when (or if) are you seeing smoke out the tailpipe?

longlast:

--- Quote from: Twolanerider on June 22, 2023, 11:29:12 AM ---No answers to any of the questions Pete (sorry about that) but after reading was curious about the oil use.  How much is going through it and when (or if) are you seeing smoke out the tailpipe?

--- End quote ---

Thanks Don,
To start I'm going to contact HD and see if my vin comes up on record that the heads were changed on this bike. The service bulletin (not sure if it'll open)

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:7fa0a5c5-f577-3920-902c-a244f2f1e887

It used about half a litre in 750 miles. No smoke on start up, no smell of oil when stopping or sitting on idle No smoke.  I put a camra in the plug hole did notice the rear cylinder cross hatch was not as good as the front.

I'm going to have to get someone to follow me to see when it pushes blue.

I've done a fare bit of slow running  3rd,4th, and 5th. On back roads lugging may contribute to it .

I don't have or got very very little oil in the ccv can.

In a couple of days I'll do a leak down test ,.... pics of front cyl cross hatch,...second of rear cyl cross hatch , and pugs

longlast:
Rear

longlast:
Plugs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version