CVO Technical > Twin Cam

117 kit help

(1/5) > >>

krackken:
I have had a 110 to 117 kit installed. Dealer says only 98hp and 112tq ??? My 110 had 115.85tq
They tell me they don’t know and it must be the exhaust. I have true duals. Even with true duals, would I lose torque going up to 117?

117 kit with changes below
Adjustable pushrods
SE cam plate and oil pump
Woods tw-7h
.03 gasket

Any help would be appreciated.

JMK:
One of the experts on here will know. My guess is the cam and compression you have are not optimal together. I used the Harley kit with the 58mm intake, tts150 cam, .030 head gasket and got 114/125 with no head work. I did have 1.75" fullsac baffles that I think kept my numbers down a little.  I have a nice flat torque curve with loads of power early.

krackken:
Thanks, yeah  I have duals with Tab slip-ons. they removed the baffles totally as well as put on my old slip-ons which had 2.5" baffles.

pudgeyxj:
I have the 7H in my 110 with 103/117. Seems weird to me that your numbers are so low. I will be watching this thread, hopefully learning more. I love this group for learning.

Cheers

Paul

HD Street Performance:
Well there are "happy" and "sad" dynos out there. Also inflated numbers by virtue of testing methods and correction factors.
That said I would first have the build leak down and compression tested.
You may also have a very poor tune.
The pipe didn't change from 110 to 117" right? Everything should go up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version