Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Softail® Convertible

2010 Convertible

(1/2) > >>

pleezinme:
I purchased a 2010 Convertible for my wife which she loves. Only issues are the clutch wants to run even after bleeding the hydraulic line. Also strats real hard after running for awhile. Spits and backfires. Any other shaving this problem?

mjb765:
How bad is the clutch dragging?  A little bit which may be solved by a switch in primary fluid which happened on my Street Glide--or if it is really bad you may have a problem that needs to be looked at by the dealer.

pleezinme:
It was real bad when we picked it up. I literally had to stand on the right brake until I could turn it off. I had the dealer take it back to the service shop where I watched them bleed the system. They opened up the master cylinder on the clutch and pulled the fluid off the bottom bleeder into a container. Several onces were added as the fluid bled out the bottom. They put it all back together and ran it. The clutch seemed to be ok after that until I started it the next day and it still had some run in it even while pulling the clutch lever in full. I just hope it is not a continual problem. WhenI take it back I will ask them about your recommendation. thanks.

mjb765:

--- Quote from: pleezinme on October 22, 2009, 08:33:57 PM ---It was real bad when we picked it up. I literally had to stand on the right brake until I could turn it off. I had the dealer take it back to the service shop where I watched them bleed the system. They opened up the master cylinder on the clutch and pulled the fluid off the bottom bleeder into a container. Several onces were added as the fluid bled out the bottom. They put it all back together and ran it. The clutch seemed to be ok after that until I started it the next day and it still had some run in it even while pulling the clutch lever in full. I just hope it is not a continual problem. WhenI take it back I will ask them about your recommendation. thanks.

--- End quote ---

Depending on your dealer, they may not agree with the fluid change since you are running SYN3 in there now. Using non factory fluid...blah blah blah......just letting you know how it went for me. Slight drag then fluid change to Redline and all was good. I have also heard that if it is only slight right now it may get better in a few hundred miles. I waited 500 until I dropped the fluid.

pleezinme:
Thanks  I also hope the starting problem goes away. Cause it really sucks to spend the $$ and have it act up when you go to a gas station and people listen to it spitting and backfiring. Camera is my nest option to show the dealer. Ride safe great pic of your bike.  I ride a SE Ultra race tuned. I had lots of stuff done to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version