CVO Technical > Twin Cam

110" CVO Softail Build

(1/32) > >>

11 CVO Convertible:
I purchased a used 2011 CVO Softail Convertible with 1,600 miles on it in October of 2012.  I was expecting a lot more from the CVO's, so I was very disappointed in the performance.  I put another 1,200 miles on the bike before getting fed up and tearing the motor apart.  I'm keeping the stock bottom end and cylinders on this build as I'm only hoping to get one or two years out of it.  My goal is 130/130+.  Here is plan:

-Stock bottom end
-Stock cylinders
-Compression set at 11.0:1
     -SE 10.5:1 pistons
          -Swain Tech Gold Coat on pistons
     -Cometic .027" headgaskets
-Hillside Stage III CVO heads w/ 2.120" valves
     -Mill and set combustion chambers at 94cc's
     -Swain Tech thermal barrier coatings on combustion chamber, valve faces, and exhaust ports
     -Swain Tech flow coat on intake port
     -Swain Tech PPM low friction coating on valve stems
     -Woods 188 valve springs, retainers, keepers
-Woods TW-9F-6 cams
-Woods lifters
-Zippers tensioners
-S&S pushrods
-S&S roller rocker arms
-S&S 58mm Throttle Hog throttle body
-AIM lockup clutch w/ Barnett spring
-Bud's oil cooler
-TTS Master Tune (will be tuned Ed at The Dyno Difference)
-RB Racing Pro Stock Spyder exhaust w/ 2" Primaries

The bike is tore down all parts are in the mail to get reworked.  I'm just sharing my build and progression for those that would like to see the results.

Here is the disassemble:

Cylinders torqued down and checking for compression/deck height with new pistons:

Videos of the bike stock with the RB pipe:

chicoman:
Could you measure the dome on that piston for me? Need to know in .ooo not in cc,,thanks

Lever:
sounds like a nice build ...ques tho   the 1  to  2 years  ?  plan  what are you doing afterwards  ?

prodrag1320:
why not just go 124" now and be done with it??

HD Street Performance:
Sure, you betcha or a HD 120r kit and your case and heads. Actually the 110 barrels will bore to 4.060 and that would save a case bore and barrels. Suburban HD in Wisconsin does this all the time and sells a 113" stock stroke piston at 4.060".  Buy a crank and pistons and go to 120". If the extra 4" are wanted then bore the cases and use an S&S kit. The side benefit of the 120 or 124" are flat top pistons become viable with later closing cams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version