CVO Technical > Twin Cam

110" CVO Softail Build

<< < (32/32)

PopeyeTheGoFastMan:

I also purchased the 117" top end from TXCHOP on Harley Tech Talk.  It dynoed at 169 hp and 143 tq on JD's Cycle Works dyno with a Wood 68G cam.  The heart of the build is the Hurricane heads that have been worked over by Dan Baisley with his hybrid treatment.  The exhaust ports were raised about 1/2" and enlarged to accept a 2" exhaust pipe.  The ACR's were welded up and manual compression releases were installed.  I spoke with Dan and he didn't have the exact numbers on these heads, but just did a similar set of Hurricane heads that flowed 384 cfm on the intake and 307 cfm on the exhaust at .700" lift and at 26".  Along with this I purchased the Axtel 4.125" cylinders and pistons, 62mm throttle body, intake, air cleaner, billet rocker arm support, pushrods and the 1.7 Baisley geometry corrected rocker arms.  For now, these parts are going to sit, but I'd like to put them on this bike when I get tired of this motor.  They are full of carbon, so nothing much can be seen until I get them cleaned up.

Is that 117 end kit still for sale??

HD Street Performance:
What size exhaust valves were used?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version