Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Convertable pants and quick drying socks  (Read 6160 times)

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
Re: Convertable pants and quick drying socks
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »

OK, finally got around to doing the WFP trial - wash the underwear (from Tilley) and the Ladies’ crew style (with heel) (From Cruiserworks).  Out of the washer at 4:30 PM.  At 7:00 PM, both dry and able to be worn immediately. So the secret is obviously in the wringing out of the water.  Cool.   :coolblue:

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2007, 07:20:47 PM »

Really taking the Gerbing stuff this trip?  I'd (pretty well) decided not to. 

Went to Sturgis in 05 -- temps in the 90-95 degree range.  Drove on up to Saskatoon for Canadian National Rally and the highs both days were in the 32 to 40 degrees -- froze my *ss off.

Since I'm riding solo, I'm taking my whole set to insure warm weather!!!  ;)

Mark

bgregston

• Elite CVO Member
  • Life's short! Get busy living or get busy dying!
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »

er ah
COMMANDO!!!!!!!!!

I thought I'd do my part!!!

Just Tested:

Commando:  Great potential, One seam on areas were the buttocks (say it like gump) meet the seat, therefore slight rubbing or creasing to dig in, very comfortable not to wear.  Wicking, not going there!  Drying time 5 min.  Washed last night in the sink(ooohhh), hung my a$$ out to dry.  Dry 5 min later.  Still may be the best choice.

/Bret
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:00:36 PM by bgregston »
2006 FLHTCUSE
Autumn Haze
D&D Fat Cats
SERT
Zippers A/C

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2007, 09:03:58 PM »

I thought I'd do my part!!!

Just Tested:

Commando:  Great potential, One seam on areas were the buttocks (say it like gump) meet the seat, therefore slight rubbing or creasing to dig in, very comfortable not to wear.  Wicking, not going there!  Drying time 5 min.  Washed last night in the sink(ooohhh), hung my a$$ out to dry.  Dry 5 min later.  Still may be the best choice.

/Bret

OH PLEASE,  NO PICTURES!!!!!!!! 

Mark

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2007, 09:17:21 PM »

We are looking for convertible pants that will not melt if accidentally touched onto the exhaust pipes.  Does anyone have experience with the microfiber materials?  The Aerostich/Rider catalog has a couple of versions of convertable pants that sound very interesting but if they melt they are of little value for actual riding.  Has any of the CVO clan tried these pants out on the bikes?  We are looking for something smaller and lighter than jeans and the versatility of being able to zip off the bottoms and be in shorts sounds great for hot weather destinations. 

Blue Felix recommends the Wigwam ultimax socks.  I had looked at the Tilley's unholy socks.  I've had a couple of pair of the cruiserworks socks and loved them.  I do have a couple pair of the HD socks that are supposed to keep your feet at one temperature, but I know they are not quick drying.  Once I got into looking at socks, I became quickly overwhelmed.  We'd like the wicking material, and are interested in quick drying so we can wash in sink and have them dry by morning idea.  I know some folks had hinted at this, but I did not find a subject dedicated to it.

Thanks in advance for recommendations.

:cherry:
Candy ... I saw some new HD convertible cargo pants today..presumably they wont melt on your pipes....
kinda cool

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2007, 10:04:05 PM »

OK, finally got around to doing the WFP trial - wash the underwear (from Tilley) and the Ladies’ crew style (with heel) (From Cruiserworks).  Out of the washer at 4:30 PM.  At 7:00 PM, both dry and able to be worn immediately. So the secret is obviously in the wringing out of the water.  Cool.   :coolblue:

Sounds like you have foound the best gear for your trip, Mrs.We - glad to hear it.  On socks, anything with Coolmax will work very well also, from my experience.  There are dozens of styles/weights available - very subjective.  Sierra Trading Post (Terry uses them as well) is a good source -  for future reference.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hogasm

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2007, 06:48:42 AM »

I'm way to old school for this thread. I'm gonna be a good goober and go away now and not bother you nice folks any more.

Big B   you must be just like my uncle.   One pair of underwear=4 days
                                                            One pair of socks=2 days
toss in the trash and your luggage gets smaller along the trip

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2007, 09:37:01 AM »

Too funny, I remember in Cripple Creek when SanJoseDuke was describing the silky feel of his new fast drying briefs from the camping store.

I can still recall the sheepish grin as he mentioned that they were pretty comfortable.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 21 queries.