Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Review of AGV Dragon open face helmet  (Read 3876 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Review of AGV Dragon open face helmet
« on: June 25, 2007, 05:41:48 PM »

This past Friday the 22 of June I picked up a AGV Dragon helmet from Trebour Suzuki in Ledgewood New Jersey. I had ordered the gloss black helmet as it matched my motorcycle. After waiting nearly two weeks for it to come in I was able to pick it up before my weekend trip. I put 769 miles on the helmet since picking it up in weather ranging from 40 degrees to 90 degrees.

The fit of the helmet is very good. I have an in-between head size at 7 3/8”. Since I like to wear ear plugs from time to time I like my helmets slightly large as to leave room around my ears. This helmet felt real good right out of the box. I immediately noticed the weight or there lack of. The shell appeared too small upon my first look leaving me to ask if it was a youth helmet as opposed to an adult. The shell is slightly smaller than a traditional open face and equally larger than a 2/3 helmet. This makes it an ideal size and weight.

The feature that drew to the helmet was the fact that the shield when in the up position stores over the helmet. This is great as it doesn’t leave the “Duck bill” look that a traditional shield does. This also eliminates the buffeting associated to open shields or flip up modular type helmets.

My only complaint is that when the shield is up while riding it buffets against the helmet. While that is annoying it is tolerable but causing damage. Upon my arrival home from my 709 mile trip I was cleaning the helmet when I discovered that the shield is severely scratched from making contact with the helmet shell. The shield is trashed to the point it is unusable. The helmet shell has the sister marks.

In an effort to prevent this again I experimented with some weather stripping. My train of thought here is that with the weather stripping in place it will prevent some of the wind from passing under the shield and also assist in not allowing the shield to make contact with the helmet shell. Unfortunately the local home center only carries a rubber seal which causes the shield to open and close with some resistance. A felt or material strip would do a better job. 1/4"is too thick and 1/8” is a little to thin, 3/16” would be about right.

I emailed the company with a similar post to this one and i will await their response. Even if I am not able to resolve the shield issue with AGV I will continue to wear the helmet as it makes for a very comfortable helmet.

2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Review of AGV Dragon open face helmet
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:47:29 PM »

Hey Puzzled, what is the weight of this helmet?   :nixweiss:spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.