Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Street Glide 113" build & dyno chart  (Read 5079 times)

CVO Bug Slayer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

2015 CVO Street Glide 113" build & dyno chart
« on: April 02, 2015, 10:08:17 PM »

Just purchased my first CVO on valentines day, a Starfire Black with Gold Dust Flames one. We walked into the dealer to see what was going on and they must have had the lights hitting it just right- my wife looked at me and smiled and said "now that's a cool bike, if you wanted that one, I'd sign for it"..
(yes, I know, shes a keeper) so, I traded in my 11' Limited with a 103" putting out 110 torque and 105 hp. It was no slouch, riding sometimes 2 up in the Colorado Rockies, I had all the power i needed and was fun to ride.

After talking with my mechanic, we set a build date, contacted Steve down at Full Sac Performance for some advice and got the parts ordered. I knew when I bought the bike (along with a small lecture from my wife) that I didn't want to drop 10 or 15K into a 36k bike. My budget was 5k with a few extra mods like bars, highway pegs and a sissy bar- go figure these items don't even come standard on a CVO but oh well.

We went with the Mahle 113" 10.5:1 compression pistons, bored the cylinders, T-Man 625 cams, adjustable SE push rods, SE 58mm throttle body, 5.3 injectors, 4.060 head gaskets, beehive valve springs, SE race tuner, Full Sac DX pipe with 2.25" power cores and the CVO perforated muffler. At first I really didn't want to go the 113" route but after doing some research I found that Harley"s tolerances on a mass produced engine were not what I would be able achieve having the cylinders bored and match fitted with pistons. I may in the future go with some performance heads or just get mine reworked. We will see once I get used to the new bike and how the funds are.

I just got the bike back on March 28 and took it over to the next local town about 20 miles away on the back roads. I was totally impressed with how the bike ran and the responsiveness of the 625 cams. You could feel them come on right away as soon as you rolled on the throttle. My 103" had SE 259e cams and they performed OK but I really didn't run the bike in the upper RPM range while in the mountains. What I was also impressed with was the Full Sac exhaust. It sounds really great, has this deep tone to it and sounds even better when you roll into that throttle. If I can ever figure how to download the damn dyno video, I'll post it either here or on YouTube.

Its a little too cold and snowy to head up to the mountains the next few days but I'm really anxious to see how much fun its going to be. Gotta love springtime in the Rockies.   :cucumber:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: 2015 CVO Street Glide 113" build & dyno chart
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:31:21 PM »

Congrats. Steve is a good dude. Nice curve I bet she's fun to ride.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 11:38:20 PM »

Yup.....you will slay some bugs with that ride :huepfenjump3:
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 03:28:54 PM »

Bug Slayer, wished I would have known you were interested in a 113".  I would have suggested talking with Jamie at Fuel Moto.  They did my 110" just last week. Installed Woods TW-777 cams, ported/polished/milled my heads to get me abut 10.2 compression. FM 2-1-2 ceramic header and their new E-series slip-ons w/ PV-2 tuner and I am getting 110 hp w/ 126 torque. If I change out my stock AC to a heavy breather I jump up to 113/129.     They are currently doing a couple 113" and the latest one they got 124/137.  I bet there is plenty of tune left in your bike to get more power is what I am getting at.   Don't read this wrong, you have great numbers, but as mentioned I think they left something behind and you might want to see if there is more there.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:18:38 PM by CVOSGJoe »
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 06:42:01 PM »

Awsome, congrats and enjoy the ride! The stock numbers are very disappointing. 

CVO Bug Slayer

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »

CVOSGJoe;

Those numbers sound pretty impressive. Bet when you ride that bike she puts a big smile on your face. Don't forget that i have not done anything to my stock heads other than the beehive springs.That should add a little more to those numbers.
I did contemplate doing the heads while they were off but the concerns I had were heat and reliability (and some $).  I'm new to the liquid cooled thing and I have not found a lot of data on performance mods relative to this. I have never had a discussion with someone who has performance numbers above the 130's and how reliable the bike is. I guess it would boil down to how hard you rode and maintained it.

Hogster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide Silver
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King #548 of 900 Anniversarry
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 10:15:10 AM »

Congrats!

I did a near identical build on my '15 CVO SG with Steve at GMR Performance.

I have a 113" Kit, 10.7 Comp Pistons, Beehives, GMR Lifters, AIM SDR Clutch, 58MM Elliptical TB, D&D Boarzilla 2 Into 1 Exhaust and SERT.

I did not have any head work done either because there are not enough examples of work done on wetheads and I did not want to be an experiment in someone's lab.

See attached dyno. The lower numbers are from my dealer's tune before all the mods.

2015 CVO Street Glide
113"
GMR 600 CAM
10.7:1 Comp
58MM Elliptical TB
AIM SDR Clutch
D&D Boarzilla Exhaust

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 10:56:42 AM »

CVOSGJoe;

Those numbers sound pretty impressive. Bet when you ride that bike she puts a big smile on your face. Don't forget that i have not done anything to my stock heads other than the beehive springs.That should add a little more to those numbers.
I did contemplate doing the heads while they were off but the concerns I had were heat and reliability (and some $).  I'm new to the liquid cooled thing and I have not found a lot of data on performance mods relative to this. I have never had a discussion with someone who has performance numbers above the 130's and how reliable the bike is. I guess it would boil down to how hard you rode and maintained it.
In addition to his head work he had different cams. Not apples to apples. I wouldn't sweat it just ride it. Looks great.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.