Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 SESG THROTTLE BODY ISSUE  (Read 4932 times)

superbear

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - RED
    • CVO2: FLHXSE2 - Black Diamond / Crismon 2011
2011 SESG THROTTLE BODY ISSUE
« on: September 03, 2010, 12:07:50 AM »

Okay, I am sure none of us want to hear There is a problem with the NEW THROTTLE BODY from your dealer, BUT...That is the words I had to endore this morning when I took my bike in to have some issues checked out.  If any of you notice a rattle coming from the head area, (not the normal rattle the 110's make)  then I started experiencing a hesitation, then taking off at the light it acted almost like  backfire and stalled.  I have been riding Harley's for 40+ years and have a FLHTCUSE2 so I am accustom to the 110.  This was just not right, my dealer installed my Fullsac X pipes w/V&H Hi Out Put Slip Ons, I had them install a Harley Super Tuner unfortunately they will not do any other tuners without voiding the warentee.  Now this  >:(   They got the bike right in (amazing!) tore into it and didn't take long before the news THE THROTTLE BODY NEEDS TO BE REPLACED, great... being it's the 2011 SESG they did not have the part, will not have it until the 20th.  :'( :'(   but the they said take it and ride it if it goes totally it goes, they'll come and get it!    Next issue..... check your wire connection from your Ipod, the harnes is too short and if you look at the connection it will start pulling away, Harley is aware of this and new longer harness also on its way, I am the 5th one with this problem according to the dealer and it will be here next week.  Quality Control issues on the CVO's ????  Next issue.... they also have another clutch unit coming it rattles and has excessive play soooooooooooo........ let you'll know when everything is resolved, let me know if anyof you experienced any of these issue...  Thanks..

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
Re: 2011 SESG THROTTLE BODY ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 02:01:27 AM »

I took delivery of my black/crimson SG today and put 100 miles on it. I have two other 110s, an '09 uc and a '10 uc. My new SG rattles slightly in the clutch area when the bike is in neutral and the clutch handle is out. When I squueze the lever in neutral the sound goes away, and it goes away when I put it in gear. my cvo UCs don't do this. Sounds like fun times ahead. and no, it's not the horn or anything else vibrating & hitting the motor.

superbear

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »

Just sent you a personal message, not familiar with this format yet!

catz66

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG, 2010 SESG, 2013 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2016 RGUC RUBY & Silver
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:43:27 AM »

I installed the fullsac x-pipe and V&H hi-out mufflers on my 2010 SESG a couple of months ago. Developed a rattle/chatter noise from the throttle body almost immediately. I swapped out the mufflers with a set of Rinehart 4" mufflers and now the rattle/chatter noise from the throttle body is gone. You might reinstall your stock mufflers just to see if the problem goes away.

superbear

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 12:46:43 PM »

The rattle was there before I put on the V&H mufflers which were installed on the stock head pipes while waiting to get the Fullsacs which came like a week later.  I wish it was that easy but when the dealer checked the throttle body itself I guess it was obvious to them that the TB itself was bad, they said with the new style TB it was causing somewhat a carberator effect which explained the bogging, coughing, and stall.  I will keep in mind the V&H HO's, the dealer installed them and I haven't heard anyone having a problem with them, but I will say, I had Rineharts on my 07 and I wonder if I made a bad choice with the V&H, for the fact I do not like the rust they seem to have on the inside, the Rineharts never did that.

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »

The new thottle body is metal on the 2011..........plastic materal on the 2010.....

superbear

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 01:53:36 AM »

You would think the metal would be an "improvement" over the plastic but.......... go figure!  One of these days Harley is going to work all the bugs out before they put out the CVO's, don't get me wrong I love my Harley's but damn! :nixweiss:

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 02:36:05 PM »

Depressing news for a high end product!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »

The new thottle body is metal on the 2011..........plastic materal on the 2010.....

Die cast scrap metal.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 01:14:37 PM »

Superbear,
[/quote]
     I also have the 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO in blk diamond and crimson. It's kind of a relief to know others are having this same issue (misery loving company I guess). I had the same issue wth bogging and stalling and it's good to know what the issues are with our bike. So far, this is the only issue I've had, but it's good to know what to look out for in the future. In regards to my boggin and stalling issue, I installed the FULLSAC X-PIPE, RINEHART 4" slip-ons, SE Pro Super Tuner, and of course had it DYNO-tuned, and now the issue is non-existent. Hopefully it doesn't resurface down the road. What an incredible difference in performance those mods made. Do you know if there is a site where we can find information from HD Corporate regarding known issues or recalls? Thank you for the heads up and please continue to post any further issues that you encounter or hear about.
The rattle was there before I put on the V&H mufflers which were installed on the stock head pipes while waiting to get the Fullsacs which came like a week later.  I wish it was that easy but when the dealer checked the throttle body itself I guess it was obvious to them that the TB itself was bad, they said with the new style TB it was causing somewhat a carberator effect which explained the bogging, coughing, and stall.  I will keep in mind the V&H HO's, the dealer installed them and I haven't heard anyone having a problem with them, but I will say, I had Rineharts on my 07 and I wonder if I made a bad choice with the V&H, for the fact I do not like the rust they seem to have on the inside, the Rineharts never did that.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 02:22:39 PM »

What was the hp dyno number after the mods you did? I trying to decide what's the best setup for mine when it comes in.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 02:24:20 PM by FLHXSE2 »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »

I installed the fullsac x-pipe and V&H hi-out mufflers on my 2010 SESG a couple of months ago. Developed a rattle/chatter noise from the throttle body almost immediately. I swapped out the mufflers with a set of Rinehart 4" mufflers and now the rattle/chatter noise from the throttle body is gone. You might reinstall your stock mufflers just to see if the problem goes away.

I had a chatter/rattle issue after having my dealer install the X-Pipe B on my '11 FLTRUSE. The rattle/stutter was prevalent when using the front wheel brake and it felt like the ABS was engaging. However, the speed was very slow in a parking lot which just didn't make sense. It also seemed that if you using the rear brake and the front brake, the stutter/rattle would not occur.

The dealer took the bike for the day to investigate. In the meantime, I called Steve at Fullsac and he told me that some folks with CVO models and 110ci engine experienced a "clearance" issue around the brake cyclinder area for the rear brake pedal and that a clevis pin needed to be encouraged (hammered) into a better clearance position. Hmm..

So, my dealer found the same clearance problem but didn't believe it was related to the clevis pin, as the clevis pin is designed to floated and therefore their diagnosis was that the Fullsac X-Pipe B didn't have the proper clearance. Their solution also involved encouragement (a hammer), only this time it was to use the peen end and create a small dent in my X-pipe B.

Certainly this doesn't sound too scientific but the rattle/stutter is gone and I love the new found torque as a result of the X-pipe and the Power Cores.

Simon

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 10:56:26 AM »

Hi superbear....did you get this resolved? Just wondering if it was fixed or is what Doc did the way to reslove this problem.

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.