Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: I simply LOVE this bike....  (Read 5048 times)

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHRSE3 Razor Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Mist
    • CVO3: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
I simply LOVE this bike....
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:07:03 PM »

I can't say enough about this bike...after much pondering and some sleepless nights....I pulled the trigger on this baby.

I loved my SERK and letting it go was no easy decision for me....but....OH MY GOD....now I know why so many love the Street Glide, by far the funnest bike I've ever been on.  I've never rode one prior to this and I had no idea what I've been missing.  The CVO version of this bike, with the really cool things HD changed from last years model, has hit the sweet spot for me like no other.  I've had the biggest smile on my face for two days now with no end in sight lol.

Oh and...the sound system on this bike...."ROCKS"   :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: I simply LOVE this bike....
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »

Looks great!  Really happy for you.   :2vrolijk_21:

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 06:35:21 PM »

Good for you - he'll of a lot of cash to part with so look forward to more pics & ride impressions. Enjoy.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 06:43:00 PM »

Really nice,,,   enjoy it lots :2vrolijk_21:

Welshman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »

Congrats on bike

I too am gonna be putting in my 2007SERK for same road glide you have inspited me to make the leep . I love my serk but that sound and black out color !!!

Could you let me know what kind of a deal they gave you so I have a gulide line . Am doing pricing tomorrow t dealer . Any help mate would be much appreciated

Good Luck with a most excelent bike
Cymru am byth

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:54:23 PM »

Yeah, my wife really love her 2010 "SUNDANCE"....we rode a couple hundred miles today in the twisties around Eureka Springs, Arkansas and I had to make her ride behind me so I could keep up!!!

KODAGRIN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 BLACK FLHTCU/110
    • CVO2: 2010 TS FLHXSE
    • Porkbelliesmc
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:17 PM »

Here she is...

MrEd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »

Congrats on bike

I too am gonna be putting in my 2007SERK for same road glide you have inspited me to make the leep . I love my serk but that sound and black out color !!!

Could you let me know what kind of a deal they gave you so I have a gulide line . Am doing pricing tomorrow t dealer . Any help mate would be much appreciated

Good Luck with a most excelent bike

Taking into consideration the work my SERK needed to get it back into shape....

tires front and back
rotors front and back
brake pads front and back
drive belt
new tuner and dyno time (power commander giving me fits)
due for service
neutral safety light
extended warranty (mine had run out)

....I got close to 10k less than I originally paid for the bike out the door new, I was very happy.  I'm sure the day I drove it off the lot it dropped 4 to 5 k instantly, so in reality, I've had the bike three and a half years, put over 27k miles on it, at a cost of 5 to 6 thousand dollars plus scheduled maintenance, very pleased to say the least.  The new bike was 1k over msrp, BUT, considering the demand in my area for them based on how deep the waiting lists are, this one being the first one to hit, and my desire to make the switch before our rainy season started, I was ok with that as well.  Hope that helps somewhat  :2vrolijk_21:

MrEd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 01:38:00 PM »

Good for you - he'll of a lot of cash to part with so look forward to more pics & ride impressions. Enjoy.

I can tell you this already, and I don't really understand it.  My 07 SERK had alot of engine noise and a hard shifting tranny that quieted down after some time, the new 2010 1/2 black Ultra has engine noise very similar to what my 07 was like in the beginning, along with what might be an even harder shifting tranny, and that's AFTER replacing with redline highshock, but this motor is QUIET ??? .....and dare I say....the tranny shifts smooth  ??? ??? ???

I don't know if I should stay confused...or get nervous lol

Welshman

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:55:50 PM »

Helped a lot mate

I got it home and I agree this is the best bike period I have riden . The handling , seat position is outstanding did 100  miles today never knew a welshman could be this happy!!

Thanks mine was 4 yrs 22K got retail on it 18 K , msrp only and 50% off freight and set up , plus free first service . I was very happy . You are right my SERK has some weird noises , and vibration wwas getting worse

I had green on order but changed after I saw more pics and the "paint issue " . This one is a thing of beuty the black diamomd is so much brighter than my serk black .

The stereo is amazingly loud and clear , make sure all songs on ipod are 320kps and the eq is neutral ( huge difference) and avoid live CD's where possible

Thnks for advice MATE
Cymru am byth

2wheelZEN

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG Black Diamond
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 11:48:23 PM »

Loving everything about this bike also!!! Can't wait to get back on.

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 12:44:34 AM »

Helped a lot mate

I got it home and I agree this is the best bike period I have riden . The handling , seat position is outstanding did 100  miles today never knew a welshman could be this happy!!

Thanks mine was 4 yrs 22K got retail on it 18 K , msrp only and 50% off freight and set up , plus free first service . I was very happy . You are right my SERK has some weird noises , and vibration wwas getting worse

I had green on order but changed after I saw more pics and the "paint issue " . This one is a thing of beuty the black diamomd is so much brighter than my serk black .

The stereo is amazingly loud and clear , make sure all songs on ipod are 320kps and the eq is neutral ( huge difference) and avoid live CD's where possible

Thnks for advice MATE

Very nice my friend....now YOU'RE going to have a smile painted on your face like mine lol....extremely happy for you to say the least   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Furmon

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 10:45:52 AM »

Congrats, I'm waiting for my black and orange due to arrive in Oct.  How's the heat on the right side.

mig7410

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2010, 01:43:18 PM »

Nice bike, I got the same one a few weeks ago. Just had the V&H power duals and hi outputs installed, man what a difference.
Enjoy :orange:

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 03:01:03 PM »

Nice Bike Congrats  :2vrolijk_21:

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 06:30:12 PM »

Thanks all !!!

I never truly thought there would be another bike that I would like as much as my SERK....much less even more....can't tell you how happy I am that I was dead wrong  :huepfenjump3:

Cj...I see in your pic you got the other color that pulled on me very hard....nice ride my friend...looks sweet  :2vrolijk_21:

Can't wait until someone picks up a green one and posts some pics...the delay has got to be killing you guys for sure....

pistol pete

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 08:59:32 PM »

Have 700 miles on my Diamond Black and Crimson 2011 CVO Street Glide and I couldn't be happier. I have a question on the audio. The speakers in the lowers barely put out much volume. Is there any way to control? Doesn't seem to be a fader to adjust. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 10:11:28 PM »

Thanks all !!!

I never truly thought there would be another bike that I would like as much as my SERK....much less even more....can't tell you how happy I am that I was dead wrong  :huepfenjump3:

Cj...I see in your pic you got the other color that pulled on me very hard....nice ride my friend...looks sweet  :2vrolijk_21:

Can't wait until someone picks up a green one and posts some pics...the delay has got to be killing you guys for sure....
Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:51 PM »

Mr. Ed,

Killing us?  That's an understatement  :) My Krypto was supposed to ship tomorrow.  Got rid of both my bikes a month ago in anticipation.  Now, I have nothing and have to wait until January.  I am still waiting, I want that bike.  Congrats to everyone here on their New Street Glides.  They are all great and all look awesome. 

G

CJ

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 10:24:38 PM »

Mr. Ed,

Killing us?  That's an understatement  :) My Krypto was supposed to ship tomorrow.  Got rid of both my bikes a month ago in anticipation.  Now, I have nothing and have to wait until January.  I am still waiting, I want that bike.  Congrats to everyone here on their New Street Glides.  They are all great and all look awesome. 

G
Hang in there G It will be worth the wait  :2vrolijk_21: The green is a nice color  :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 10:27:21 PM »

Mr. Ed,

G

Slotbike

Hopefully your bike will be here sooner than projected. It's a beautiful bike.
And appears will be a rare one.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 10:45:14 PM »

Thanks for the encouraging words.  While I agree that it will be worth the wait AND, that it will probably be a pretty rare bike/color......I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling about it showing up before January.  Worth the wait? You betcha! :)

G

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 01:30:40 AM »

Have 700 miles on my Diamond Black and Crimson 2011 CVO Street Glide and I couldn't be happier. I have a question on the audio. The speakers in the lowers barely put out much volume. Is there any way to control? Doesn't seem to be a fader to adjust. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pistol Pete...I'm no audio guy...that's for sure...but if it's worth anything...here's my thoughts on it....

I leaned down a bit with the tunes rocking and I could hear the lowers...i leaned left and right and I could hear each side as well...but sitting on the bike everything was like coming out of the center per say ?....I'm thinking things are just balanced properly is all ?...kinda like...if you were to hear the sound out of the lowers more so than the sides...that would mean the balance to them was was off a bit and they were dominating ?...don't know if that made any sense....it does in my head but that's not saying much  ::)

Mr_Ed

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 01:34:54 AM »

Mr. Ed,

G

Slotbike...that would absolutely kill me lol...no joke either.....it's one thing to have to wait so long for something you thought would be yours by now...and something else to end up with no rides at all....I'm not sure which would be worse...but both together at the same time ?....dam...all I can say is that old saying..."good things come to those who wait".....hang in there friend....I'm thinking that bike's going to be a stunner for sure  :2vrolijk_21:

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 08:35:47 AM »

Congratulations on your new bike! I hope you have many miles of memories!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.