Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stage download  (Read 1282 times)

harris48cars

• Senior CVO Member
Stage download
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:10:49 PM »

Has anyone done just the exhaust and the HD stage download?
 Gary

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
Re: Stage download
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 05:01:12 AM »

Most I have seen here, myself included, have opted for fullsac headers...I also utilized the SERT, Rinehart's new 4" slip-ons, and dyno'ed the lot...
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Envithyx

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Summer Rain" 07/24/1963 - 07/07/2010

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 - Cherry Red w/ Flames and Glass Eyed Skulls
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHTK - Cherry Red Sunglo / Merlot Sunglo w/ Flamin' Eagle Theme
Re: Stage download
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 05:12:13 AM »

When I got my 09 FXSTSSE3, it had only the stage 1 download and V&H 2-1 Big Radius pipes.  I bought it used with only 2008 miles on it.  ;D

All I can say is she ran, and she ran good, but DAMN HOT!  Was getting around 45 MPG though on freeway, and 35 city.  But then again, I would expect that with the lean afr targets the stage 1 download uses.

Swapped in a Thunder Max ECM a month later and now she runs damn good, and no so hot.  Trade off, my MPG is down to about 30 MPG -- doesn't matter if it's city or highway.  Attribute this to how I like to twist the throttle now and my current afr curves.  I know if I baby her, I can get close to 38/40ish.  But that takes the fun out. :P

If your just looking to do pipes and a stage 1 download, it will run and you'll do ok, just watch out for heat buildup on a hot day.  When you can, you might want to consider some type of tuner solution just to increase the life of your engine (results may vary  :P )
2009 FXSTSSE3
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Chubby Drag Bars/V&H 2-1 Big Radius/ThunderMax

2011 FLHTK
Custom Paint/Wild 1 Bagger Bars
V&H Duals w/ M. Ovals, Ness AC, PC-V Auto Tune and SEPST Base Tune
V&H ThrottlePak
SE Pro Stage III - 10.5:1, SE259E
HD Mirrors w/ LED Aux Running
HD LED Lighting: 7" w/ Bezel Trim, 4" Aux, Turn Sigs (Smk Frnt, Red Rear), Tail Light (Chrome), Fenders (Smk Frnt, Red Rear w/Brake)
Zumo 665 - Fairing Mnt - NIM
Boom Audio Spks, Amp, Bass Booster
Chromed Out

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 21 queries.