Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New to this forum rant!  (Read 2558 times)

jcd520

Re: New to this forum rant!
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »

People rarely report good news. It doesn't sell. I own a 10 year old carbureted flht(now it is a street glide) cams , pipes chopped pak and everything you could imagine. Satellite radio , cd player ,suspension,  you name it. I love this bike like no other. I deliberated a long time about buying the 2011 sesg and finally did . Much like you I had read all the negative posts and was skeptical. I must say that this is the finest motorcycle I believe I have ever owned and I just absolutely love it. A lot of it was the dealer experience----------Proteam HD in Lawton Ok. ----Can't say enough good about them. I first called them with all the concerns I had, sent them copies of most of the posts about problems, and they called the MOCO and checked out all of my concerns and assured me most were unfounded and promised that if there were  problems with mine they would make them go away. There were none to speak of ---------I did install the xm and their service manager did it for me in no time and it works perfectly. ( there is a missing 6b connector in the wiring harness)Anyway as stated above by others , I added the fulsac xpipe, the fullsac baffles to the stock mufflers , a tts tune, a few other cosmetic things I wanted and this motorcycle rides and handles like nothing I have ever owned! I have been riding for 45 years and owned many bikes but this one is wonderful! Good luck with your decision and purchase. CD

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:37:48 PM »

I first called them with all the concerns I had, sent them copies of most of the posts about problems, and they called the MOCO and checked out all of my concerns and assured me most were unfounded    Now there is some funny stuff. What would anyone expect the Motor Company to say? "DUH". and promised that if there were  problems with mine they would make them go away. <----- Well "DUH" again. A good dealer will do that. Well at least a good dealer will try. I wish everyone luck that owns a 110 but find it funny when they profess ,
I must say that this is the finest motorcycle I believe I have ever owned
[/color] and have low miles on it.

Maybe some will believe the issues with mine were as the Motor Company stated
most were unfounded.
But not me. It's easy to talk the talk when you have low miles. When they have walked the walk and have 48K miles on theirs like mine has then I'll buy into the fantasy.

SBB  

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »

Personally, I know that this is the best bike that I have ever owned, even with "low miles".  As a person that usually attempts to buy the "best" that I can afford so that I only have to buy it once; I can attest that even in high dollar, known quality products, lemons do exist.  5years ago, I bought a (I won't give the brand) $8,000. refrigerator, yes 8 grand.  The brand is well known for its quality.  It was the biggest piece of chit that I ever owned.  The repair man was in my house so much that the manufacturer gave me free warranties every year.  It finally got to the point that they, last week, took that built in refrigerator out and replaced it with a new model.  Goes to show that even amongst the "best" products there are some that were made on the wrong day by the wrong guy.  Trust me, I flew airplanes for a career and even though they were made by the same manufacturer and have been built for years, they didn't all fly or perform the same.   Mechanical products are just that way.   Take the plunge, the odds are that you will love this bike as much as the vast majority of the other owners do.  Count me as one of those satisfied owners! 

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 08:54:15 PM »

Count me as one of those satisfied owners! 

Cool, another low miles testimonial!
Glad your happy.
So was I till I hit 11K miles and started having lifter problems.
As I said above, I hope everyone has good luck.
Based on everything I have read, my 09 110 is the norm, not the exception.
I can only hope the 10's and 11's are better, but no amount of praises will prove that to be true.
Only miles will tell the tale!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Marine Aviator

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 09:27:19 PM »

I hear you SBB, that is why I am a hugh proponent of extended warranties on high dollar items.  That way I can get it fixed and if I am getting it fixed too many times then it's time to sell.  That's life.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 10:16:45 PM »

I hear you SBB, that is why I am a hugh proponent of extended warranties on high dollar items.  That way I can get it fixed and if I am getting it fixed too many times then it's time to sell.  That's life.

MA

I wish you luck!
My 01 SERG, 03 Classic and 05 SEEG are keepers, the 09 SEUC stands on the edge of being gone any/every day.
And the sad part is, I really like that bike.
But just as you said,
That's life.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »

I have had great results and they have exceeded my expectations!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

catz66

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG, 2010 SESG, 2013 SEUC
    • CVO2: 2016 RGUC RUBY & Silver
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 08:15:43 PM »

Just a note from a satisfied 2010 SESG owner. I owned a 2005 SEEG and didn't think they would build anything good enough to replace it. After doing some reading I ended up purchasing the 1st 2010 SESG that came into my dealer on July 29, 2009. I have not looked back since. Now have 21,000 plus miles on her with no problems. Engine runs strong after changing the exhaust and getting a good tune. My only complaints are minor. They need to color match the starter to the engine and have 6-speed engraved on the transmission cover. The 2 parts look like an after thought. Just my 2 cents worth.
Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 11:43:49 PM »

I am 72 yrs young and still ride like I was 40,my wife and I are active in our local HOG chapter and ride every weekend. After owning 2 ultras 1 sportswear, 1 softail and now my 08 SG I was interested in owning a SESG before I have to give up riding. I found this forum and started reading. I have never heard of all the problems that you folks have had with your CV Os. The cost of the bike and then all the money you put into the eng and other add ons. After spending some hrs reading the posts on this forum if I was HD I would drop the whole CVO line. I went to my dealer yesterday and put an order in for a SESG I am ready to call and cancel. Why would you buy something that cost more then my first house and then after reading all the bullchit about how bad the bikes are ,you would buy one. I know there are problems with some bikes but it seems like most of you are having problems. I was hoping to join this forum for answers and good advice about the bikes,but it seems it is like the news doom and gloom. I think I will hold onto my 08 and just enjoy the ride. Any one have anything good to say about the bikes?
                    Retro 11

Retro there are a bunch of us CVO, regular HD bike owners on this forum that have not had any problems and/or only minor things that were fixed or replaced under warranty. I would buy again. You won't regret buying the SESG. I think right off the showroom floor you will be amazed at the difference. You must use this forum as things that can happen and be on the lookout for. Not think that if I buy a CVO bike all this bad crap will happen to me also. You are just reading about the problems and some of those may have been caused by abuse or neglect. I made the same performance and comfort mods to my SEUC that I made to my old 99'Road King and 03' Road King they all run great with no major issues.   
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

samule

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »

Retro 11....Just do it. You will love it. If it is to be your last , it will be your best. There are way more positives than negs. I think they have addressed most of the issues from the 09 and 10 and made the 11's better. Let us know what you do and what you think...

Retro 11

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2010, 07:30:50 PM »

Bike will be at dealer on Jan 15th, Cant wait.
                Retro 11

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2010, 07:41:39 PM »

Welcome to the site from snowy Alabama
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2010, 09:47:44 AM »

I am 72 yrs young and still ride like I was 40,my wife and I are active in our local HOG chapter and ride every weekend. After owning 2 ultras 1 sportswear, 1 softail and now my 08 SG I was interested in owning a SESG before I have to give up riding. I found this forum and started reading. I have never heard of all the problems that you folks have had with your CV Os. The cost of the bike and then all the money you put into the eng and other add ons. After spending some hrs reading the posts on this forum if I was HD I would drop the whole CVO line. I went to my dealer yesterday and put an order in for a SESG I am ready to call and cancel. Why would you buy something that cost more then my first house and then after reading all the bullchit about how bad the bikes are ,you would buy one. I know there are problems with some bikes but it seems like most of you are having problems. I was hoping to join this forum for answers and good advice about the bikes,but it seems it is like the news doom and gloom. I think I will hold onto my 08 and just enjoy the ride. Any one have anything good to say about the bikes?
                    Retro 11

Retro 11,

You need to take these online forums with a little grain of salt. These forums just give everyone and anybody a chance to complain without being seen in person.

If you and your wife love riding Harely Davidsons then I think you already know that HD has continuously been improving their quality standards for many years. I'll take the new CVO Street Glide over an old AMF Harley any day of the week.

Personally, I love my 2011 Screaming Eagle Street Glide! No If's, And's or But's!

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 11:46:31 AM »

Retro 11,

You need to take these online forums with a little grain of salt. These forums just give everyone and anybody a chance to complain without being seen in person.

If you and your wife love riding Harely Davidsons then I think you already know that HD has continuously been improving their quality standards for many years. I'll take the new CVO Street Glide over an old AMF Harley any day of the week.

Personally, I love my 2011 Screaming Eagle Street Glide! No If's, And's or But's!

That's what I keep saying...........if they rode the pans and shovels back in the 60s and 70s they'd sure not be complaining about the bikes of today.  They'd be damn happy.  I am! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 21 queries.