Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Kryptonite Green for Sale in Terre Haute IN  (Read 10727 times)

FliesJetsRidesHDs

• CVO1: 2011 SE Street Glide -- Kryptonite Green
    • CVO2: For Sale -- 2003 V-Rod -- Black and Silver
Kryptonite Green for Sale in Terre Haute IN
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:06:35 PM »

Stopped in and saw there was a Kryptonite Green one on the floor in Terre Haute IN yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:16:31 AM by FliesJetsRidesHDs »

Dryer

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Kryptonite Green for Sale in Terre Haute IN
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:53:15 PM »

Lots of people can say they want something.  As far as I see it money talks.  You can't be mad or upset with the dealer for doing what they did.

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:17:38 PM »

Totally!  Money certainly talks.  And hell, now you're going to spend $2,500 extra dollars to say the same thing; "I own the Kryptonite Bike!"

Your stubborness got the better of you; $30,000 is an AWESOME price for that bike that she basically offered to you after Jason dropped the ball.  Tisk, tisk. 

I bought my bike from a dealer I've never been to since only because they gave me the best price.  I trust my usual dealer for service.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »

wonder if it's still available for that price?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 06:09:22 PM »

wonder if it's still available for that price?  :nixweiss: spyder

I think Spyder is on the phone buying a new bike. ;)
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 06:13:27 PM »

if the price was so good why didnt you put down a holding deposit straight away,?
if your loan was turned down the next day, you would have callee jason and said sorry i cant take the bike.
then he would have lost the sale with the person who put down the dollars immediatelty.

when i bought my convertible i went to the main dealer in melbourne harley heaven in sep 10 and i was told their allocation was sold which was 3 only, i then went to harley city who did not have any enquiries for that model and i was offered it at about $1000 under list, i got delivery of the first in australia in november,
january 11 i was in harley heaven and they had on the floor a red covertible for sale , that had been ordered and subsequently cancelled and it sat on the floor for a few weeks after that till it was sold,

retail is a very hard business to be in and a dollar in the hand is very hard to refuse.

good luck when it does arrive

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »

I think Spyder is on the phone buying a new bike. ;)
I wish, JC.  I wish.  That green has captivated me since day 1 and ea. poster, pic, etc. that I see fans the flame.  Not sure I've got the same energy/$$/etc. to do what you just did with the new bike, though.  I'm just gonna have to drool over the ones that the lucky ones get. :-*  Although........haven't seen one in the flesh yet.  :nervous:  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

knothead

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 R-Glide Orange & Black
    • CVO2: 2006 V-Rod Orange & Black
    • CVO3: 2006 V- Rod Destroyer Orange & Black
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 07:58:53 PM »

I don't how many times I've had a customer say he was going to be back tomorrow....and never show up again.  Money talks a bullchit walks!!

You shoulda gave Jason a credit card deposit right then and sign a sales order....it's not the dealers fault my friend.
Letz Ride

semperfi81

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5B #860 of 999
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 08:05:58 PM »

Sounds like so many dealerships within the US, I know that some in the greater Phoenix area try the same old game all the time. Mark up MSRP but just walk away. :2vrolijk_21:

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »

I don't how many times I've had a customer say he was going to be back tomorrow....and never show up again.  Money talks a bullchit walks!!

You shoulda gave Jason a credit card deposit right then and sign a sales order....it's not the dealers fault my friend.

My first thoughts exactly!  Sorry but you screwed up. 

ultraroad

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:19:27 PM »

Agree 100%

FliesJetsRidesHDs

• CVO1: 2011 SE Street Glide -- Kryptonite Green
    • CVO2: For Sale -- 2003 V-Rod -- Black and Silver
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 09:40:43 PM »

I wish the deal was a true deal.  I would have loved to purchased the bike for under list price.  That was the point I failed to make I guess. 

I should have given him a credit card or written a check right then and there, you are right.  Calling his bluff immediately may have meant that I would have been riding that bike today. 

Oh well, I will just wait on the one I ordered.  That one had a small bubble in the paint I noticed anyway and not sure how easy it would be to fix it.

At least they are making it to the dealers and some lucky people are getting to take them home! 

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 09:43:23 PM »

$100.00 bucks is all i put down to guarantee me my ride. If you really wanted it you should have put some $$$$$$ down.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 10:22:36 PM »

Where was the bubble on the paint located?

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:50 PM »

Paint-bubble?  ??? I thought it was 'fading' paint.  :smilie_eimer: :uhoh: Now, I'm confused.  spyder

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 12:11:37 AM »

Sales guy probably wanted it gone so they could stop all the calls from other dealers....

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 02:15:26 AM »

Threw $1000 cash at my dealer as soon as I new I even had the remotest possibility of getting a CVO SG. Cash well spent as the dealer only got 5 & could have sold 30.
Gotta get that hard earned down as soon as you sniff a good deal.
At least you have one on order
Cheers
Glen.
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »

I was on the flip-side of this coin...

I was on a road trip to Santa Barbara on my '08 FLHR and stopped into Bartel's in Marina Del Ray to take a piss and get out of bumper to bumper traffic on the 405. Asked if they had an '11 FLHXSE2 CVO in Black Diamond and Crimson in yet. It had just finished being prepped but was still in warehouse. They gave me $2K less than what I paid for the RK (with 38K miles), MSRP, half off S&H, free 7yr EXT Warranty + Wheel & Tire. The sales guy told me that there was a guy in just an hour before me, but he had to go talk it over with his wife, then he'd be back. We were the only two to look at the bike since they got it. I remember looking at the salesman and telling him..."look, you don't have to try to hard sell me. I'm gonna leave here with this bike," and laughed. Sure enough, as we were packing up the SG and getting ready to leave Ole Boy showed up with his old lady and immediately produced a Hang Dog face. We shook hands and we were back on the road in under 2 hours. My girlfriend still says that's the most expensive pit stop she's ever seen.

So I concur...You snooze, you lose...Money talks and BS walks...
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 06:42:24 AM »

the only way to buy a bike.......
you snooze ....... you lose

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »

Happened to me in 03. At that time anniversary dressers were really hard to find.  One night I picked out a Classic and they didn't ask for a deposit.  I was ready to give them one, but the guy there told me it wasn't necessary and that I could bring a check over when I picked up the bike later the next day.   After rounding up their money, I got a call one the way down picking it up.. It was 4:00 pm by now.  The sales manager told me he sold the bike to someone else and that since I never left a deposit, "you snooze you lose.". I was really pissed and told him to shove it when he found another one in 60 or so days.  That was Ft. Lauderdale HD..  So what did I expect?   I did find another bike in Naples the next day, but I made them take a deposit over the phone before I hung up with him.  So after that, I realize that when you "pull the trigger" and put the $$ down, only then we will get what we want..   Just a thought.   That's all.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »

Not a very good way to do business. Sorry to hear about your treatment. The team in Bloonington starting with Dave Warsman is fantastic and always very helpful!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, 10:16:05 AM »

Indy North Harley has one on the floor.
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, 11:10:24 AM »

When you find something you want you need to step up to the plate immediately and put money down or face losing the deal.  The dealer did what he is supposed to do, first come with the cash first served.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

sherrmann4

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »

I'm that guy.

Walked into the dealer and found out they were getting a 2010 SESG in Tequila Sunrise on a dealer trade.  The salesman told me it was "spoken for".  I said I had cash for deposit today.  The salesman initially said no.  15 minutes later he approach me and said he talked with the owner; put down $1000 today and it is yours. What do you think i did.  I doesn't seem right if you're on the short end of it but dealers take cash in the hand.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »

...snoozed.....loozed....
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

shindo

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 Inferno SG

• CVO1: 2011 Inferno/Blk SG
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 12:15:29 PM »

I jumped at my chance without the bike being there. I 'll see it in April :bananarock:
2011 O/B SG King TP, Woods 555 cams,DD fatcat,ThunderMax with more to come.

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »

Sounds like Kryptos are showing up all over the place.

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 01:28:03 PM »

Stopped in and saw there was a Kryptonite Green one on the floor in Terre Haute IN yesterday.  I tried to buy it, but below in my letter to the MOCO, is what transpired.  Maybe they will sell it to someone else if you are in the area.  They were asking $36,999 if you don't want to read the letter.  Anyone know a non-snail mail addy for the MOCO?  An email or do they really read these forums?  

February 10, 2011

Harley Davidson Corporate Office

3700 W Juneau Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53208

To whom it may concern:

I NEED to write to the Harley Davidson Motor Company to convey my displeasure with one of your dealers today.

Yesterday, February 9, 2011, a friend of mine and I stopped into the Wabash Valley Harley Davidson dealership in Terre Haute, IN.  He had a gift card to spend and I was up for a trip to look around.  I currently have a 2003 100th Anniversary V-Rod, a 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, and have on order a 2011 Screaming Eagle Street Glide in the much sought after Kryptonite Green color.

Much to my surprise we walked through the door and there was the 2011 Kryptonite Green bike!  I checked to see if it had a SOLD sticker on it and found that it did not, but it did have a price tag of $36,999.  This is a $2500 markup over list.  I mentioned this to my friend as the salesman, Jason, came over to talk to us.   Jason told us that it was marked up because they are high demand bikes and that they are hard to come by.  I said I know as I have been following it online and have had mine ordered from Bloomington Harley Davidson (Bloomington, IN) for several months.  I informed Jason that I had tried to order one from Wabash Valley but was told that I could not.  He said they had six calls from dealers trying to get that one in the week that they had it on the floor.  I said at that price you may have it for a while.  He said, to my shock, that I could have it today for $30,000.  I said that doesn’t seem to make any sense since you just told me that it was marked up because of supply and demand, six dealers were trying to get it from you all week, and now you tell me I can have it for $2500 under list and $7000 under your sticker price?  He said, yes, I am just trying to make a sale.

I thought about it, but decided that since I had already put $500 down on the one in Bloomington I should check to see if I can back out of that deal first.  We left and I thought that even if I did lose my deposit it was a savings over list of $2000 so I called Jason and told him that I would be back tomorrow with a cashier’s check and pick up the bike.  He said ok.

Today, February 10, 2011, I went to my bank to get a check for that amount.  I called Wabash Valley Harley Davidson at 915a.m. to get the VIN number for the bike to give to my loan officer.  At that time the lady on the phone told me the sales staff would be in about 10a.m.  I went to the bank, got the check, stopped by to pick up a friend and tried the salesman by phone again.  I was told Jason was not in so I asked to speak to Todd, the sales manager.  He was with a customer so I left my number and asked to be called back.  About an hour later I was just getting the trailer and ready to drive the 50 miles to Terre Haute and tried to call again as no one had returned my call.  I got Jason this time.  I said I have the check and am just hooking up the trailer now; I will be there in an hour.  He said that bike is sold.  He said some guy came in and gave them $1000 to hold it that morning.  

Are you for real you had your chance to put a deposit on the bike when you were in the dealer that day & you decided Not to, that is Not the dealers fault. You snooze You Lose.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 01:37:54 PM »

Are you for real you had your chance to put a deposit on the bike when you were in the dealer that day & you decided Not to, that is Not the dealers fault. You snooze You Lose.

Or in other words.........you move your feet...you loose your seat.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 BLK/OR
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2011, 01:45:12 PM »

Stopped in and saw there was a Kryptonite Green one on the floor in Terre Haute IN yesterday.  I tried to buy it, but below in my letter to the MOCO, is what transpired.  Maybe they will sell it to someone else if you are in the area.  They were asking $36,999 if you don't want to read the letter.  Anyone know a non-snail mail addy for the MOCO?  An email or do they really read these forums?  

February 10, 2011

Harley Davidson Corporate Office

3700 W Juneau Ave

Milwaukee, WI 53208

To whom it may concern:

I NEED to write to the Harley Davidson Motor Company to convey my displeasure with one of your dealers today.

Yesterday, February 9, 2011, a friend of mine and I stopped into the Wabash Valley Harley Davidson dealership in Terre Haute, IN.  He had a gift card to spend and I was up for a trip to look around.  I currently have a 2003 100th Anniversary V-Rod, a 2005 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide, and have on order a 2011 Screaming Eagle Street Glide in the much sought after Kryptonite Green color.

Much to my surprise we walked through the door and there was the 2011 Kryptonite Green bike!  I checked to see if it had a SOLD sticker on it and found that it did not, but it did have a price tag of $36,999.  This is a $2500 markup over list.  I mentioned this to my friend as the salesman, Jason, came over to talk to us.   Jason told us that it was marked up because they are high demand bikes and that they are hard to come by.  I said I know as I have been following it online and have had mine ordered from Bloomington Harley Davidson (Bloomington, IN) for several months.  I informed Jason that I had tried to order one from Wabash Valley but was told that I could not.  He said they had six calls from dealers trying to get that one in the week that they had it on the floor.  I said at that price you may have it for a while.  He said, to my shock, that I could have it today for $30,000.  I said that doesn’t seem to make any sense since you just told me that it was marked up because of supply and demand, six dealers were trying to get it from you all week, and now you tell me I can have it for $2500 under list and $7000 under your sticker price?  He said, yes, I am just trying to make a sale.

I thought about it, but decided that since I had already put $500 down on the one in Bloomington I should check to see if I can back out of that deal first.  We left and I thought that even if I did lose my deposit it was a savings over list of $2000 so I called Jason and told him that I would be back tomorrow with a cashier’s check and pick up the bike.  He said ok.

Today, February 10, 2011, I went to my bank to get a check for that amount.  I called Wabash Valley Harley Davidson at 915a.m. to get the VIN number for the bike to give to my loan officer.  At that time the lady on the phone told me the sales staff would be in about 10a.m.  I went to the bank, got the check, stopped by to pick up a friend and tried the salesman by phone again.  I was told Jason was not in so I asked to speak to Todd, the sales manager.  He was with a customer so I left my number and asked to be called back.  About an hour later I was just getting the trailer and ready to drive the 50 miles to Terre Haute and tried to call again as no one had returned my call.  I got Jason this time.  I said I have the check and am just hooking up the trailer now; I will be there in an hour.  He said that bike is sold.  He said some guy came in and gave them $1000 to hold it that morning.  

You coulda got a bike you wanted for $2500 less than sticker (what I paid) and not even had to wait???WTF :nixweiss:

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2011, 02:59:52 PM »

You coulda got a bike you wanted for $2500 less than sticker (what I paid) and not even had to wait???WTF :nixweiss:
If I were in the market for that bike and the salesman quoted me $30,000 the next sound you would have heard would have been my checkbook coming out of my pocket to make a deposit.  If I didn't have my check book I would have used a credit card.

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »

X2

MY2NDCVO

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »

X3

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »

x4

ultraroad

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »

X5

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 06:49:58 PM »

Ok.  X6

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2011, 07:58:37 PM »

X7

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2011, 06:05:33 AM »

You guys are too funny...all right, I guess he's had enough of the Rock Salt loaded Shotgun Shells. It's bound to happen to somebody...

Doc
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »

You guys are too funny...all right, I guess he's had enough of the Rock Salt loaded Shotgun Shells. It's bound to happen to somebody...

Doc
NAAAAAH              X8  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2011, 10:19:46 AM »

Doc

Like they haven't all made the same mistake at some point in their life.  It's a learning lesson, he'll never let that happen again. ;)

West Coast GTG   

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2011, 11:21:51 AM »

Like they haven't all made the same mistake at some point in their life.  It's a learning lesson, he'll never let that happen again. ;)

X2

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2011, 12:15:23 PM »

"He" is a she and she'd pulled the full version of the episode from the first post.  Now just mentioning that a green bike was seen at the dealership.  Good floggings get nearly the ratings that NASCAR does.

FLHXSE2

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2011, 12:38:18 PM »

"He" is a she and she'd pulled the full version of the episode from the first post.  Now just mentioning that a green bike was seen at the dealership.  Good floggings get nearly the ratings that NASCAR does.

Well, I wish her the best of luck when the Krypto she has on order comes in! :cucumber:

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2011, 01:27:04 PM »

"He" is a she and she'd pulled the full version of the episode from the first post.  Now just mentioning that a green bike was seen at the dealership.  Good floggings get nearly the ratings that NASCAR does.

Let's hope, for her sake, she never sent that letter!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 24 queries.