Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: antenna relocation  (Read 7921 times)

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: antenna relocation
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 08:35:44 PM »

JCD,
Are you just bending the antenna back from the stock upright position or did you angle the mount back to help it out?

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 08:37:27 PM »

I did the same as reply #12. I spent a little more and got the antenna with flames for better reception ( :D )

Do you remember where you purchased the antenna? I'm finding some three inch antenna's but nothing like the one's you guy's have. I have the HD hidden antenna and I'm not happy with it at all!

jcd520

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 10:19:07 PM »

JCD,
Are you just bending the antenna back from the stock upright position or did you angle the mount back to help it out?
I just bend it back. It has a spring at the base so it is no problem. Just pops right back into place when you remove the tourpak.

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

I'm lazy LOL
got more chrome to buy to so I cut my $$$
I went to the auto parts store and picked up a wire loom with locking caps and double sided tape. I added it on the rear or front of the trunk behind the passenger back rest. Turned the lock downward and on a angle. did not use the locking feature. Did not need to. bent the antenna over so it would lock in the wire loom. works great. If I want the street glide look all I have to do is unhook it from the wire loom and I have the street glide look. Nice and simple. Cost was 39 cents and about 4 minutes to instal. couldn't get the paper off the double sided tape lmao

Hope this helps someone

dd
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 11:08:57 AM »

Do you remember where you purchased the antenna? I'm finding some three inch antenna's but nothing like the one's you guy's have. I have the HD hidden antenna and I'm not happy with it at all!

East Coast,

I bought it at Trick Trucks in Frederick, MD. They have other locations.

http://www.tricktrucks.com/locations.php

Post this in your browser for contact info.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 08:35:40 PM »

Thanks for the reply! I found a 6" black powder coated metal antenna while surfing Amazon.Com. It arrived yesterday, looks cool and blends right in with the paint. It did work well, not great. The closer I was to the antenna the better it worked, of course...  when I touched it, it was even better, lol. It did not work well scanning for stations, the HD hidden locked on more stations. After trying both I stuck with the HD Hidden for now. It really was a coin toss.....

Question.... with the ignition/radio on in accessory mode using the HD hidden antenna connection I would get a lot of static on some stations when I grabbed the handlerbars, when I let go of the bars it stopped, does anyone know why this happens? 
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.