Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Ghost flames on king tour Pack? dealer says no.  (Read 4926 times)

bobs07

• ride like there is no tomorrow.

• CVO1: 07' FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 12' FLHXSE3
Ghost flames on king tour Pack? dealer says no.
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »

I know this has been discussed but a little different spin and info.  I called tri county today and spoke with Rebecca.  She said none of the tourpacks have the ghost flames now.  I responded and said there are pictures of the king and that I knew the chopped and raz did not.  Has anyone ordered or received one of these recently and if it has the flames on it or not for the king?   I know they DID.  Not sure if MOCO switched who is painting them and now they do not.  Would make a huge difference if paying over a grand for the color match or just have my painter match it since there are no flames to try and match. 

Thanks and sorry if this is a repeat but Seems like something new with the MOCO unless Rebecca was just reading her data sheeets wrong??  That was my first introduction to her and tri county.  Could not have been nicer and more willing to help. 
Thanks .   
03 Fatboy - local bar hopper, trying to get girlfriend to ride. You would never know she was a fatty. 

07 CVO Rk .. May she rest in peace.. Damn Deer  - best motor build I ever had. 

12 CVO street glide.  new happy camper. let the games begin
V&H true duels, rinny 4" slip on, PCV w/autotune.

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
Re: Ghost flames on king tour Pack? dealer says no.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 07:16:12 PM »

I think your dealer is misinformed, Harley's accessory catalog even lists p/n's for the color matched CVO SG King Tour Packs.  The p/n they list for your color CVO is 53000076DKX, refer to the link below.  This took about 10 seconds to find with a Google search, don't know why your dealer is clueless?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768205&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286957&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286957&bmUID=1228058136417&bmLocale=en_US
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

bobs07

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »

Thanks and yes, I  saw that myself.  Her reply was that they received an updated notice from MOCO that they now do not.  My question was wondering if the policy and paint changed from when they were first releasing them.  I realize the smaller two do not but the king should ( as stated by the moco)   Does not seem to make sense it would change but something to verify before I dive in.    IF it did change, it should not be the same price as those that were painted with it.   
03 Fatboy - local bar hopper, trying to get girlfriend to ride. You would never know she was a fatty. 

FLY-DOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • U.S. Navy (30 years); Delta Air Lines (22 years)
    • FL

• CVO1: FLHXSE3
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 07:29:23 PM »

Search around on the net, I can't remember who but have seen the painters name who does the work for Harley.  Call them and ask if he still does the factory CVO paint on the King Tour Pack including the flames.  I'm thinking of getting a King Tour Pack in matching paint from Harley also, my guess is Harley still supports this but I could be wrong.  Let us all know what you find out and don't just take one dealers word for it.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:36:20 PM by FLY-DOG »
Current Stable:
2021 BMW R1250 GSA Rallye
2016 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited w/392 Hemi
2012 CVO Street Glide
2007 Mustang GT500
2006 YZ250F

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:13:28 PM »

Received my  Red King 3 weeks ago....with flames.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

bobs07

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »

That's what I was looking for.  Thanks.  I figured as much and also figure the dealerships don't see many of these come by.    How do you like it?  I actually like the chopped better but for the same money, just doesn't make sense.  Might as well go big, can't have enough room, especially when going two up. 

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 09:21:10 PM »

I'm really happy with it. The backrest is even a good match for my 2-up Mustang seat. It comes with the chrome hinges and map pocket ....and the retractable tether that needs to be replaced....no liner though.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:24:21 PM by dayne66 »

bobs07

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 10:13:32 PM »

Dayne, that looks great!!.  Now I am excited and will be putting the order in first thing in the Am.  How long did it take your to some in.  I have seen here up to and over 8 weeks for some.  Probably see more use out of it next season but at least ready to go then. 
thanks for sharing pic.  I have not seen the red one in person yet.  Looks sweet. 

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 10:16:47 PM »

It took 8 weeks and 1 day.

Landshark

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTF-SE
    • CVO2: 2009 FXDF-SE
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCU-SE
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 11:04:46 PM »

It is so great to see the tour pak with the matching paint.  Your bike looks great.

philgrocks

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 12:39:23 AM »

I ordered my tour oak for my 2012 CVO Street Glide and it took two months to get.

Wife and I had a 200 mile ride today and she loves it.  Said it was better than the 2008 Ultra we had.

bobs07

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 11:08:15 PM »

OK, this is kind of crazy but I called the MOCO directly.  Got too many mixed messages about this.  Tri County harley said directly that the last two King TP they received did NOT have the flames.  Explained the situation to the MOCO, the P&A rep I spoke with wanted to take a day to investigate this and not give me false information.  He called me back this morning and confirmed they are NO longer painting the KTP with the flames. 
Not sure if this is due to end of season, new models coming out or what but, those us who order now and pay the exact same 1400 for hte product are not getting the same product.  Does not makes sense.  I can see the hand painted flames being more expensive to do but if you no longer do them, then lower hte price of what you are offering. 

I explained how all the ones on the forum etc.  have the flames and that has now changed.  I got different answers from several dealerships I spoke with but would like to think the MOCO itself would have the correct info. 
This is a total bummer and I am much more inclined now to have my painter take a wack at it for that kind of money. 

Please tell me I am wrong.  If folks just got htem in with them, they were ordered probably two months ago.  MAybe now this has changed and if so... Shame on the MOCO once again.  >:(

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2012, 12:18:12 AM »

mine was built in july it has flames
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

bobs07

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »

I guess I am going to order and take my chances.  I am also going to try and call gunslinger who I understand paints for hte MOCO and see what they say as well.  I just know I will be pissed if it is  not included 2months later and it is shipped to me that way.  I wont have the chance to inspect before it comes since I am ordering from a non local delaer for the discount.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »

I guess I am going to order and take my chances.  I am also going to try and call gunslinger who I understand paints for hte MOCO and see what they say as well.  I just know I will be pissed if it is  not included 2months later and it is shipped to me that way.  I wont have the chance to inspect before it comes since I am ordering from a non local delaer for the discount.

Just a thought..when I bought my TP, I went in to my local dealer and told him that I could buy on the web for 20% off and said I would rather buy from him. He gave me 15% off--while not the same, if it came in damaged I would not have the hassle of dealing with the return if needed.

bobs07

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »

Great thought and I considered that as well.  I took the plunge so we will see what happens.  Called MOCO again today and they (dif rep) now said it should .  Rebecca from Tri county said they got one in without, sent it back to MOCO to replace and they sent it right back saying it is a misprint in the P&A cat.  I know the chopped def does not but king should, especially with all your pictures of awesomeness on your bikes here. 
We will see... ordered the KTP hot citrus with matching light spoiler. 
Fingers are crossed I will be as pleased as the rest of you.  I know I will be like a 5 year old at Xmas waiting for it to come in.  No flames would be like the most awesom electronic gift and Dad forgot to get batteries.  Actually this will be worse since I can drive 5 miles and get batteries.   

Sorry for the saga but not a cheap investment to get wrong!!

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 04:52:38 PM »

Here is mine in the solo position. I also have a two up mount. I did order this around last Christmas and waited 3 months to get it. It does have the flames as you can guess.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 07:13:26 PM »

The CVO King TP has the phantom flames... the Chopped and Razor do not. I ordered mine from the local dealer when I bought the Honey Badger almost one year ago.

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »

Gunslinger does excellent work. They painted the 2012 CVO RG's. They did my matching TP, matching TP lights, and CVO fender and fascia.
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

bobs07

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 10:27:31 PM »

YEp, called gunslinger today and they said another shop does the SG stuff, they do the RG.  I guess from what they said, there are three indep shops that paint for HD and each has a focus or specific bike they work on.  Not sure Who does the street glide stuff and not something they wanted to share.  I bet the MOCO is pretty tight with this stuff.  Anyone have any idea who else paints for HD. 

ThunderBueller

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

Anyone have any idea who else paints for HD. 

http://ajscustommotorcyclepainting.com/

I know they do some of the P&A stuff as well.
2010 FLTRX--Primo paint set
2005 FXSTB--Sold!
2003 XL1200C--Sold
2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt--Sold

Wanted--black Rumble collection saddlebag latches.

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 07:58:52 PM »

I picked up my Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon King Tour Pack today which I ordered at the end of July and it has the flames
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200

montess408

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 08:38:59 AM »

I got my ruby red/typhoon maroon king tour pak this week. It is correct color with flames. Ordered on July 7.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 03:14:05 PM »

I had a situation while enclosed trailer transporting my FLHXSE3 with color match King Tour Pak.  The rachet strap that was holding the rear wheel in place broke, rear wheel slid, Tour Pak hit the wall and busted clear in TWO!  I was absolutely sick and required a lot of whiskey before I could think straight.

My question is:  Can I get a King Tour Pak just like I had with the Ghost Flames?  I'll bet I will need to know this before I contact the insurance company.  If not, does anyone know who the painter is that MOCO used to paint the Streetglide King Tour Pak's?

Also, I need to buy the best bolt down transport bracket that is out there.  I would appreciate suggestions so I never have this problem again.

Thanks,

Ryan
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 03:30:17 PM »

It will have matching graphics
Alan

SLO-POK3

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »

I received my king tour pak back in mid May and it came with the goats flames as requested.

Good luck with your request.

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »

I received my king tour pak back in mid May and it came with the goats flames as requested.

NO GOATS WERE HARMED IN THE PAINTING PROCESS     PITA might be monitoring this forum!  Ha Ha

10 CVO Glide

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 12:37:39 PM »

I had a situation while enclosed trailer transporting my FLHXSE3 with color match King Tour Pak.  The rachet strap that was holding the rear wheel in place broke, rear wheel slid, Tour Pak hit the wall and busted clear in TWO!  I was absolutely sick and required a lot of whiskey before I could think straight.

My question is:  Can I get a King Tour Pak just like I had with the Ghost Flames?  I'll bet I will need to know this before I contact the insurance company.  If not, does anyone know who the painter is that MOCO used to paint the Streetglide King Tour Pak's?

Also, I need to buy the best bolt down transport bracket that is out there.  I would appreciate suggestions so I never have this problem again.

Thanks,

Ryan

This is a link to a website....  www.framelock.com/  This system is the ultimate in securing your bike. You don't need any straps at all....

Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 21 queries.