Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE FLHXSE SIGHTINGS AT DEALERS  (Read 37529 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
Re: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE FLHXSE SIGHTINGS AT DEALERS
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »

OK THE FOLLOWING BIKES ARE SOLD:

SAVANNAH, GA

CARTERSVILLE, GA

BOTH were MSRP AND were Dark Slate/Black Diamond.

When I picked mine up Saturday there were 5 other customers hoping I wouldn't.  I would expect future buyers to run into dealers asking for premiums over MSRP in the $3-5k range.

So, if you are on the fence and have access to a MSRP deal I would lock it down now.

This is odd considering that the stock market is in the preverbial toilet and heading lower.

Good Hunting to those who are in the market for one.

Regards

Jerry

« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:24:19 PM by CVOStreetglide »

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 05:31:46 PM »

Cool Springs Harley in Franklin, TN has a Citrus coming in next week.....and they want $3k over MSRP for it.  I told them they could keep it.   >:(  I bought my 2010 SEUC from them at MSRP and got a free set of Rineharts with it.  I told the salesman I would not buy another bike there.  So much for repeat business...

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 06:58:55 PM »

Cool Springs Harley in Franklin, TN has a Citrus coming in next week.....and they want $3k over MSRP for it.  I told them they could keep it.   >:(  I bought my 2010 SEUC from them at MSRP and got a free set of Rineharts with it.  I told the salesman I would not buy another bike there.  So much for repeat business...

That sucks man. :-X
Should'nt be anymore than MSRP.  ???

This how I see it,
Put your name down with a deposit to lock it in.
Bike arrives and its yours. :)
If you decide not to go ahead next person in line has the option and your get your deposit back. :)

Everyone is happy. :) :) :)

How hard can it be?
Will this push the price up on new models to come? :nixweiss:

Dealers selling over and above MSRP should be delt with by MOCO.

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 09:10:08 PM »

Dealers can charge whatever they want by law. The only thing the Motor Co. can do is increase production numbers to satisfy demand. It's real simple, don't pay more than MSRP and the prices will come down. I have never paid more than MSRP for a new bike and never will. Shop around and don't get caught up in the hype. There will be plenty CVO bikes sitting in dealers this winter...buy one then and you will get MSRP.

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »

Dealers can charge whatever they want by law. The only thing the Motor Co. can do is increase production numbers to satisfy demand. It's real simple, don't pay more than MSRP and the prices will come down. I have never paid more than MSRP for a new bike and never will. Shop around and don't get caught up in the hype. There will be plenty CVO bikes sitting in dealers this winter...buy one then and you will get MSRP.

You're absolutely right...I'll wait and find one on the floor in December when the dealer is hungry and trying to figure out how he's going to buy Christmas for his kids...

I will never pay over MSRP for a CVO...if $10k over the price of a stock bike is not enough, then they will need to find another sucker besides myself to help them keep the doors open.   >:(

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 06:56:33 AM »

I agree, there is no way I would ever pay more than what HD says the bike should sell for.  For one, the MSRP already reflects the uniqueness of the bikes, and their limited supply.  And two, because anything over MSRP is an instant loss the second you drive off the lot.

It's not like the old days when Harley's would retain their value.  And even though the CVOs do seem to hold their value a little better than regular bikes, they do still lose enough value already, without starting off way behind by over paying.

And you can be damn sure your insurance company will not be giving you that 3-4k premium you paid, if god forbid, you total the thing or it is stolen. :(

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:47 AM »

I agree, there is no way I would ever pay more than what HD says the bike should sell for.  For one, the MSRP already reflects the uniqueness of the bikes, and their limited supply.  And two, because anything over MSRP is an instant loss the second you drive off the lot.

It's not like the old days when Harley's would retain their value.  And even though the CVOs do seem to hold their value a little better than regular bikes, they do still lose enough value already, without starting off way behind by over paying.

And you can be damn sure your insurance company will not be giving you that 3-4k premium you paid, if god forbid, you total the thing or it is stolen. :(
+1

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2011, 12:34:41 AM »

Located another citrus/gunstock coming to Black Diamond HD in Marion, IL later this month...they quoted me $4k over MSRP.  I told them they could keep it.  I love the CVO's, but this kind of greed is making the metrics look good....  >:(

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Krazze

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:39 AM »

Sunday there was one in Bristol, Va.  black wolf Harley, Dark Slate / Black Diamond not sure on price I think they do msrp. Its on their web site

http://www.blackwolfharley.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=250982&CatDesc=&pov=2253630#detail
Krazze

stratplexi

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2011, 06:58:21 AM »

You can bet HD is watching the inventory levels, floor time and ultimate sale price info and using it to make decisions on production quantities. This is exactly why they released the 12 Touring bikes early this year and also why we are seeing CVO bikes running for more than 2 years like they used to run. As long as dealers are gouging the public, and demand stays high, they will run these CVO Streetglides every year just like the Ultras to try and satisfy demand.

Located another citrus/gunstock coming to Black Diamond HD in Marion, IL later this month...they quoted me $4k over MSRP.  I told them they could keep it.  I love the CVO's, but this kind of greed is making the metrics look good....  >:(

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2011, 09:19:27 AM »

Citrus and also red 2012 cvo street glide @ Eastern Shores Harley Yesterday.251-626-8050 ask for  Craig Young.Tell him Tim Mueller sent you

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2011, 10:41:31 PM »

I have been to that dealer... Many Many times.... go in there with cash in hand... they sell a ton of bikes and I was told they have the high prices cause people will pay them.... but if you go in there with a price in mind stick to it... you might just get it.... they want to sell bikes and if you have a reasonable offer they will take it... they want to be the dealer with the most sales.....

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 11:11:59 PM »

I have been to that dealer... Many Many times.... go in there with cash in hand... they sell a ton of bikes and I was told they have the high prices cause people will pay them.... but if you go in there with a price in mind stick to it... you might just get it.... they want to sell bikes and if you have a reasonable offer they will take it... they want to be the dealer with the most sales.....

First of all I'm not going to drive 250 miles to see if I can make a deal with a dealer.  I will have it bought before I leave my house.  I'm not interested in wasting that kind of time on the "chance" they might work with me.  Second, I felt like MSRP was a reasonable offer.  I called them twice with the same offer of MSRP, and was shot down both times.  I wouldn't go in there now to buy a t-shirt...I don't care how many bikes they sell or if they are the highest volume dealer in the country.  It's pure greed and I'm not the sucker they're looking for to sell a bike to.   >:(

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

Invisible68

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »

First of all I'm not going to drive 250 miles to see if I can make a deal with a dealer.  I will have it bought before I leave my house.  I'm not interested in wasting that kind of time on the "chance" they might work with me.  Second, I felt like MSRP was a reasonable offer.  I called them twice with the same offer of MSRP, and was shot down both times.  I wouldn't go in there now to buy a t-shirt...I don't care how many bikes they sell or if they are the highest volume dealer in the country.  It's pure greed and I'm not the sucker they're looking for to sell a bike to.   >:(

Well... I agree with you on that..... screw them....

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:52 PM »

Ordered my 2012 CVO Street Glide Ruby Red/ Typhoon Maroon 5 weeks ago and it will be delivered to my dealer this weekend.  At no time did they quote a price more than the MSRP.  The only changes I am making are the addition of Rinehart 4 inch pipes.  I have not seen this bike on the floor anywhere so I hope I love the color!  I am partial to red, so I'm sure I will love it!  Has anyone else seen this bike color in person?  Can't wait to get it  :apple:

Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.