Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Author Topic: FLHTK  (Read 17061 times)

SteveFLHTK

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 Tri Glide

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUTG
Re: FLHTK
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 09:41:42 PM »

Yup, if it didn't have ABS, I wouldn't have bought it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 09:48:32 PM »

Yup, if it didn't have ABS, I wouldn't have bought it.

Had read two contradictory sources.  Was just waiting for someone that had been hands-on to confirm either way.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2009, 12:40:13 AM »

I rode the FLHTX yesterday at the Canadian Hog Rally in Calgary. It sure lacks power, I just came off of my 04 SEEG.

I was not really impressed, expected painted inner fairing, chrome handle bars, and controls etc..

Engine lacked power, however that could be changed, I guess we are spoiled with the SE 103".

First time I rode an 09 - 10 framed bike liked the ride and the ABS.

I would consider buying one, however would have to do a s--t load of changes. Never had a chance to ride the Street Glide or Road Glide as it was raining and they cancelled the demos. But I did see IGOFAR's CVO Ultra in the parking lot, did not see him though.

This bike in Canada will probably be around the CDN $32,000 - $34,000.

geezerglide

UltraClassy

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 07:31:21 PM »

I traded my 07 cuse2 for one one last week. The ride is noticeably smoother, better cornering, and no more smell of burnt flesh when sitting at a traffic light!  The stock pipes are a bit throatier than the sewing machines of the past, a pair of slip-ons may be all it needs for more growl. The Black Ice pops out in the sunlight, a lot of flake in the paint.  Not as much bling as the CVO, but some nice touches, and a lot less money.  I noticed a little less power running through the N.C. mountains, but it is still stock, I was used to the Rineharts and race tuner with no tour pak on the 110.  Compared the specs to my husband's 04 FLHTCSE, they are nearly identical as far as compression, stroke, bore and torque.  At 1400 miles, I'm satisfied.....so far.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2009, 01:22:05 AM »

I traded my 07 cuse2 for one one last week. The ride is noticeably smoother, better cornering, and no more smell of burnt flesh when sitting at a traffic light!  The stock pipes are a bit throatier than the sewing machines of the past, a pair of slip-ons may be all it needs for more growl. The Black Ice pops out in the sunlight, a lot of flake in the paint.  Not as much bling as the CVO, but some nice touches, and a lot less money.  I noticed a little less power running through the N.C. mountains, but it is still stock, I was used to the Rineharts and race tuner with no tour pak on the 110.  Compared the specs to my husband's 04 FLHTCSE, they are nearly identical as far as compression, stroke, bore and torque.  At 1400 miles, I'm satisfied.....so far.

Sounds GREAT!   But, where's the pics?  :nixweiss:  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

UltraClassy

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »

This is what it looks like stock, I'll be making a few modificaions to suit my taste as I did with the 07 CUSE2

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2009, 05:13:06 PM »

This is what it looks like stock, I'll be making a few modificaions to suit my taste as I did with the 07 CUSE2

I saw that color scheme on the showroom floor and they sure did a beautiful job on it.  Congrats on the new ride.  I'm certain you'll enjoy it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2009, 05:16:11 PM »

Wow!!! :shocked2: First one of those I've seen in the sun the metal flake in the paint is popping. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2009, 05:29:45 PM »

Very nice!  Now, you've given us the 'new' pic and we can always go back and reference for your 'changes'.  8) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »

Beautiful Bike - :2vrolijk_21:- Look forward to seeing the changes you make to improve her
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2009, 10:00:05 PM »

Just brought home a Limited last week....was wondering what to do to increase the HP.  Thinking about the V & H's monster ovals....they say it will help.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Thanks

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »

Hey UltraClassy what a sweet looking pic and the bike looks good too. :2vrolijk_21:. I did see that color 2 weeks ago outside in the sun and wow did that paint pop. I know your going to enjoy your new ride, be safe.
Chris ;D
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »

Just brought home a Limited last week....was wondering what to do to increase the HP.  Thinking about the V & H's monster ovals....they say it will help.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

Thanks

Changing the air cleaner and the pipes is the best bang for buck performance increase you'll get right off the bat.  Getting that 103 to breathe better is key to immediate performance increase.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2009, 05:55:52 AM »

I have been looking at new breathers.... not really any specifications on them except that they are stage 1.  SE stage 1, Big Breather, Big Sucker....any thoughts on how to select one.....or is the performace just a given and select the one that you think will look the best on your bike and that you can afford.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »

CONGRADULATIONS on the new ride. ;D Never was big on blue, but I saw that bike at local dealership in the sunshine.  :bananarock:  The flake is popping!! :cool26:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 25 queries.