Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 472

Author Topic: What did you do to or on your CVO today?  (Read 1155570 times)

Boatman and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

Re: What did you do to or on your CVO today?
« Reply #4950 on: January 11, 2019, 08:02:11 PM »

Installed a front and rear  camera

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #4951 on: January 11, 2019, 08:03:46 PM »

The rear sits under the TP nicely

DBinSD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SD

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4952 on: January 11, 2019, 09:56:14 PM »

Received my TTS 150 cams from Steve at Fullsacs Performance.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
What else are you changing?
Better to live a day as a lion than a life as a sheep. Ride hard, ride often 😎

CVO 2015

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #4953 on: January 11, 2019, 10:53:31 PM »

DBinSD

I also have a 2012 Roadglide that I am finishing some stereo upgrades (2 Fosgate amps) on.  When I finish with my 2012 or " if something happens to my 2015 CVO under ESP" I will change out my SE 585 cams and send my heads to Don at HDSP in Washington and let him 0 deck them, put his sport performance headwork and change valve springs like he did on my 2012 Roadglide ...Then I will dyno tune it and be "happy" for now..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4954 on: January 13, 2019, 03:23:49 AM »

Just picked up a 2019 FLHXSE.  Added a color-matched, quick-detach King Tour Pak with lighting, luggage rack, speakers and a remote lock; CVO heated tour seat; Freedom Shield; highway pegs; garage door opener (not the $140 MoCo one); V&H headers, Neighbor Hater mufflers and tuned it; setup the headset; and connected the wireless remote module for my Gerbing clothing.  Oh - and the kids named her Harley-quinn (after the super hero).

If anyone is interested in how I setup the garage door opener to operate by flashing the lights for $34 in parts, hit me up and I'll be happy to share the details.  It's really easy.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4955 on: January 13, 2019, 09:10:33 AM »

Just picked up a 2019 FLHXSE.  Added a color-matched, quick-detach King Tour Pak with lighting, luggage rack, speakers and a remote lock; CVO heated tour seat; Freedom Shield; highway pegs; garage door opener (not the $140 MoCo one); V&H headers, Neighbor Hater mufflers and tuned it; setup the headset; and connected the wireless remote module for my Gerbing clothing.  Oh - and the kids named her Harley-quinn (after the super hero).

If anyone is interested in how I setup the garage door opener to operate by flashing the lights for $34 in parts, hit me up and I'll be happy to share the details.  It's really easy.

Gotta do it  :P

:worthless:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #4956 on: January 13, 2019, 10:08:04 AM »

Yes please and how about some pics of the bike??

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4957 on: January 13, 2019, 05:50:54 PM »

Sorry, folks!  I know, I know... no pics = it didn't happen/doesn't exist.  Here you go:

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4958 on: January 13, 2019, 05:51:47 PM »

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4959 on: January 13, 2019, 05:52:20 PM »

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4960 on: January 13, 2019, 05:52:46 PM »

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #4961 on: January 13, 2019, 07:59:17 PM »

Nice bike and pictures Critical
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4962 on: January 13, 2019, 10:12:24 PM »

For the garage door opener (GDO), here's how it's done on touring models (I believe it will still work on other bikes, but I THINK the AUX port I describe in Step 2 below is under the seat).  I searched high and low for some detailed instructions on how to set this up and didn’t find anything useful, so I’m hoping this helps a lot of other folks like me.  It works perfect and I couldn’t be happier with the results!

PARTS
An extra GDO that you do not mind soldering to.
AutoSwitch Relay: https://goo.gl/BCh9XT - $30
1 Wire Tap Connector (included with the AutoSwitch) - $0
1 Two-Position Connector Plug (p/n 73152-96BK): https://goo.gl/HqR66Q - $3
2 Electrical Contacts (p/n 73191-96): https://goo.gl/xwwvMK - $2
[The connector plug and crimp contacts are available at your local MoCo dealer.  Tax included, mine were $4.39.]

ADDITIONAL PARTS (If you're anal like me...)
Zip Ties (I've got thousands laying around) - $0
Double-sided 3M VHB Tape 5952 (again, had a role laying around).  Velcro will also work. - $0
Shrink wrap (plenty in my electrical tool box) - $0

TOOLS
Torx 25
Torx 27
Soldering Supplies
Wire cutter/stripper/crimper
Drill and a small drill bit

Step 1 - Modify The Remote
 - Open your GDO and separate the cover and the circuit board.
 - Identify the contacts on the circuit board that activate the door you want to open.  I confirmed this with a piece of scrap wire that I used to join the two contact points.  That closed the circuit and opened the door.
 - Drill one or two small holes in the cover (depends on the layout) near the contact points you just identified.  Make sure to drill the holes in a location that allows enough room for the extra wires to lay inside when you put the remote back together.  You may want to do a quick dry fit before soldering to avoid any frustration later.
 - Feed the orange wires from the AutoSwitch through the holes in the cover with enough slack so that you can work with the wires when soldering them to the circuit board.
 - Solder one of the orange wires to one contact, and the second orange wire to the second contact.  See Image 1 below to see what mine looks like.
 - Reassemble the remote and set the assembly aside.

Step 2 - Remove the Fairing
 - Use the Torx wrenches (or bits) to remove your fairing.  Disconnect the lighting connector(s) and set the fairing aside.
 - Locate the black, 2-pin auxiliary connector (on the bike, not inside the fairing) just above and to the brake side of the radio.  See Image 2 below.  It is an ‘extra’ so there shouldn't be anything plugged into it.  NOTE: the black wire is ground, and the purple wire is power – this is a switched line, so your new GDO will only work when the bike is powered on.  ANOTHER NOTE: If you have already used this plug to connect another accessory (like an onboard camera), then you will need an auxiliary splitter to create another place to plug in (p/n 69200921): https://goo.gl/hbQYBD
 - In the headlamp wire harness on the bike side, locate the high-beam wire – it’s blue with a white stripe (I believe it is the same for all the touring bikes)

Step 3 – Make Connections
 - Crimp the electrical contacts onto the power (red) and ground (black) wires from the AutoSwitch.
 - Insert the contacts into the two-position connector plug paying close attention to line up the corresponding power and ground wires with the wires in the auxiliary plug you located in Step 2.  Make sure the contacts are fully seated into the connector plug and that you lock them in place with the plastic flap on the back of the plug.
 - Now plug the AutoSwitch power connector you just made into the auxiliary plug on the bike.
 - Turn your bike on.  If done correctly so far, the LED indicator on the AutoSwitch should now be illuminated.  Turn off the bike.
 - Using the included red wire tap connector, connect the yellow wire from the AutoSwitch to the blue/white high-beam wire you located in Step 2.
 - Make sure your low beams are selected and then power up your bike.  Turn on your high-beams for about two seconds and then turn them off.  Your garage door should open and you are almost done!
 - Turn off the bike and tidy up the parts/wires.  I adhered the garage door remote and the AutoSwitch to the blank space on the radio mounting plate (clutch side of the radio), and then zip tied all the wires to the existing wire looms. 
 - If you are the type that likes to have visual confirmation that everything is working properly, you can mount the LED from the AutoSwitch somewhere visible from the driver’s seat.  The garage door opening is all the verification I need, so I just wrapped/tucked it with the rest of the wires.
 - Grab your fairing, reconnect the lighting and mount the fairing back to the bike.

Now go get yourself an adult beverage and enjoy your success!

FYI – the default setting for the AutoSwitch relay is to activate your GDO when the high-beams are switched on/off once.  You can modify the setting to require a quick, double tap of the headlamps if you prefer.  Refer to the AutoSwitch instructions on how to do that.

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4963 on: January 13, 2019, 10:13:07 PM »

Image 1 - My Genie remote looks like this...

Critical

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4964 on: January 13, 2019, 10:13:51 PM »

Image 2 - the auxiliary plug behind the fairing...
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 472

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 25 queries.