Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: It's all about Fullsac  (Read 23695 times)

Jerry/MD

Re: It's all about Fullsac
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2010, 08:43:26 PM »

Many thanks to all who have posted here. This site is a wealth of knowledge and experience.

My heat issue is with the cat and the way air flows off of it. Crusin down the road the air flows past the Cat and swirls up by my right leg heating up the back side of the my leg from calf to cheek!

This is the first bike I have had this problem with and first bike with a cat so I'm thinking it (the cat) must be the problem. Too bad a little anti freeze won't fix this cat!  :coolblue:

Just received the Fullsac 2" baffles and haven't put them in yet. I am seriously thinking of the X pipe and the rest of the Fullsac Stage 1 upgrade.

Question:

The Scremin Eagle catalog states with a CVO and their High Flow Air Cleaner that a different AC cover is required, Anyone know is this is the case?

Is the Arlen Ness Big Sucker just a better way to go? (it comes in chrome too!)

Edit: I talked with Steve at Fullsac... He will ship me the Stage 1 with X pipe as soon as they arrive from being Ceramic coated, And a big sucker too!

I talked to Steve about this very issue. The Arlen Ness does fit. I installed one on my bike a few weeks ago.

Apparently H-D's stance is the oval shape of the stock air cleaner cover is not a recommended fit with the round filter. I'm not sure if this is a big issue...but some have had their cover fall off due to fatigue of the hardware. Right now I'm not sure what to believe.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 09:36:28 PM by Jerry/MD »

10SE5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
    • CVO2: non CVO 2007 FXDWG Scorpion Blue/Scorpion Silver 109hp/111tq
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »

My heat issue is with the cat and the way air flows off of it. Crusin down the road the air flows past the Cat and swirls up by my right leg heating up the back side of the my leg from calf to cheek!

This is the first bike I have had this problem with and first bike with a cat so I'm thinking it (the cat) must be the problem.

Check for an exhaust leak. Mine was real hot  even when cruising the highway and when it was in the dealer for the 1k service they found the leak. Still a little hot but not as bad as it was before.
Fullsac X-Pipe, 2.0 baffles, TTS. Dyno tuned by Dave at JD's Cycle works. 96 HP/110 TQ

StrikerDown

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC-5 Metalic Pumpkin, Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2010, 12:51:40 AM »

I talked to Steve about this very issue. The Arlen Ness does fit. I installed one on my bike a few weeks ago.

That is what he told me also, giving it a try. I have always been a fan of K&N air filters anyway.

Check for an exhaust leak. Mine was real hot  even when cruising the highway and when it was in the dealer for the 1k service they found the leak. Still a little hot but not as bad as it was before.

I can't hear anything like a leak and don't see any soot at the joints, not that that means a whole lot, but I can feel the heat radiating off the cat when stopped. It feels like it is a lot hotter near the cat then anywhere else on the exhaust system. The cat must go... Soon!
Ray

Past Bikes: Several honda's, two Sportsters-76-01, 91-Fat Boy, 96 Heritage classic, 2000 Road King.

Present: 2010 FLHTCUSE

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2010, 01:42:50 PM »

Hi Striker, maybe I missed something, but why don't you either remove the cat from your existing HD header assembly or purchase one of the 96" HD cat free headers and install it? They are identical and that is what I did. Of course I don't live in California, so enforcement issues are less intense. Until you remove the catalytic converter, it will always be extremely hot, not to metion the things that heat is likely to do to other aspects of the engine and you as the rider.  Good luck.

StrikerDown

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC-5 Metalic Pumpkin, Scarlet Red/Dark Slate
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2010, 04:54:09 PM »

Hi Striker, maybe I missed something, but why don't you either remove the cat from your existing HD header assembly or purchase one of the 96" HD cat free headers and install it? They are identical and that is what I did. Of course I don't live in California, so enforcement issues are less intense. Until you remove the catalytic converter, it will always be extremely hot, not to metion the things that heat is likely to do to other aspects of the engine and you as the rider.  Good luck.

I don't think you missed anything. I don't want to destroy the cat lest I should need it. The '96 would be a possibility if I could find one, I have looked.  Fullsac seems to be the most expedient and best performance at the time.

PS: You don't want to live in CA either!
Ray

Past Bikes: Several honda's, two Sportsters-76-01, 91-Fat Boy, 96 Heritage classic, 2000 Road King.

Present: 2010 FLHTCUSE

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2010, 05:09:27 PM »

I don't think you missed anything. I don't want to destroy the cat lest I should need it. The '96 would be a possibility if I could find one, I have looked.  Fullsac seems to be the most expedient and best performance at the time.

PS: You don't want to live in CA either!

FYI: ALL 2010 head pipes have a cat inside. 2009 CA and export pipes have a cat. The other 96" do not. ALL 110" touring DO!

The location/size of 02 sensors have changed from '09 to '10

IMHO best bet would be to remove stock head pipes and go to a fullsac "A" or "B" pipe depending on the build, or any other aftermarket head pipe. Jackpot also makes a nice looking one.
HOGMIKE
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.