Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Dual Exhaust ..Hooker or Rhinehardt ?  (Read 12191 times)

HawgDoc

Re: Dual Exhaust ..Hooker or Rhinehardt ?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 12:45:01 AM »

BHD got it right.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Think logically for a second.  :-/ Look at the rear head u-turn of a true dual set up and imagine how the flow can be equal to the front head... If the true dual was actually better, don't you think the moco would make it original equipment?  8-)
Be quick to listen, and slow to speak.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 12:59:06 AM »

I had the Rineharts for about two months. I didn't like 'em. The left side stuck out a tad further than a short guy like me likes, and I kept burning the back of my left pant leg on them when backing up. And the sound when touring was too much for me. So I went for the Hooker true duals and was pretty satisfied. I did get tired of the sound on long tours. So when I broke some of the adjuster bolts, I dumped the Hooker slip ons and went and picked up a set of FullSac mufflers. This has been the best combo for my build and tune so far. However, I do see a set of D&D FatCats in the future.

Until then I'll stick with these cats.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:00:21 AM by Ironhorse »
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

kng103

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2004  SE-103          ROAD KING CLASSIC
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »

I have the bassani true duals with their hi output mufflers.
you can use any slip on with these pipes.
i am very happy with them.

2004 flhrci se-103 pearl white
bassani true duals w/ho mufflers
se air cleaner
sert
se-251 cam
s&s reed valve
24/37 gearing
se-6 sp
rumble road speakers
2008 lincoln mark lt(silver)

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 05:17:57 PM »

Well Dog I suppose that could be but I was there with the intentions of buying an exhaust system ...they had incentive to lead me in that direction BUT the Tech said that on the 103 that his experience had shown what I mentioned above ..now he may be BSing ...but if he was he talked himself out of a sale ... maybe he was just being down right honest ...would'nt THAT be refreshing.. Ill know for sure after the dyno ..

Dude

BAMA
WAS YOUR 03  SERK UPGRADED TO A 103. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  THESE SERK'S CAME STOCK 95". [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  ALOT OF MEMBERS MADE THE SAME MISTAKE YOUR ABOUT TO MAKE, INCLUDING MYSELF, AND PURCHASED UP- GRADED SLIP-ONS TO USE WITH THE STOCK CROSS OVER HEADER. I FOUND THE RINEHARTS TO BE A MUCH BETTER STREET SYSTEM THAN ANY SLIP-ON, ON THE MARKET. LIKE HUBBARD SAYS... "THERE ENDETH LESSON". ;)
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 06:37:16 PM »

BAMA
WAS YOUR 03  SERK UPGRADED TO A 103. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  THESE SERK'S CAME STOCK 95". [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].....
'03 SERK came w/the 103 ci Motor (rode one that my buddy has and was the deciding factor in my getting my SEEG). The '02's had the 95ci motor.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 07:03:08 PM »

'03 SERK came w/the 103 ci Motor (rode one that my buddy has and was the deciding factor in my getting my SEEG). The '02's had the 95ci motor.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

REALY
I THOUGHT I KNEW IT ALL. [smiley=confused5.gif]
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 07:37:47 PM »

Ok guys just got back from having my bike dynoed .... now my bike only has a SE race tuner ... K&N air set up ...stock header pipes and Rush slip on's .... these are the final numbers .... 94.2 hp and 105.04 lbs of tourqe ..so you guys tell me ...is that good ..bad ..or about averege with my set up and how much would I stand to gain spending $500 to $600 more for a set of duals?

Bama
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 07:52:41 PM »

Ok guys just got back from having my bike dynoed .... now my bike only has a SE race tuner ... K&N air set up ...stock header pipes and Rush slip on's .... these are the final numbers .... 94.2 hp and 105.04 lbs of tourqe ..so you guys tell me ...is that good ..bad ..or about averege with my set up and how much would I stand to gain spending $500 to $600 more for a set of duals?

Bama
-------------------------------------------------

That's good!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Duals alone may not get you better number's.  :-/

KentuckyHarleyDude

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2006, 10:54:47 PM »

HERE IS A COPY OF THE DYNO SHEET ...HOPE YOU CAN READ IT ..

DUDE
" Why Johnny Ringo ...you look like somone just ..walked across your grave"

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »

HERE IS A COPY OF THE DYNO SHEET ...HOPE YOU CAN READ IT ..

DUDE

Bama;
Your numbers are good but your AF is way rich at idle and at upper RPM's A good tuner should be able to get the AF line almost flat at the 13.2-13.5 area.

Bagger

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:33 AM »

Having had a set of Hookers............and since Rineharts are friggin' everywhere............I'd go with Hookers.  I never had one problem with those pipes, but I'm always hearing of folks having problems with their Rineharts.  I'm not saying they're bad.......it is just that I've "heard" of plenty of problems, and it seems like most FL touring bikes are wearing Rineharts.  

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2006, 11:45:54 PM »

Bama,

If you paid for that tune, I would definately be concerned over the work performed.   that fuel line should be much closer to horizontal flat line or being slightly richer on the top end of the rpm scale.

The numbers you obtained are within reason given the type of day, temp, humidity.   I personally like the sound of either the hooker or the rinehart the reason I went with the rinehart is the warranty, the chrome and the sound.   They are also a stepped pipe which provide the power in the mid range and top end.    In the case of the hooker, one of my buddies has them on his roadking and they sound fantastic and when its dark out and he backfires they shoot a blue flame out the tailpipe which is pretty cool.

When compared heads up the Rineharts have always produced better numbers on the dyno for me.   Over the last 6 to 8 months with the rear pipe mount change they are having little issues with the pipes and if you happen to have an issue and call rinehart they have always been stand up and very responsive to any issues.  For that Bub gets my money.  In the 2 into 1 case its D&D or Bassani for the numbers.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 10:04:19 PM »

I hope I'm not too late here,  but this site loves Reinharts..........they do sound good,  but the Hooker True Duals sound better,  perform better and are tunable (try to tune a set of brand B.....what you get is what you get,  unless you buy multiple sets of baffels and tune your a$$ off).  I LOVE my Hookers.  Go with Hookers,  squeeze those suckers off like 3/4 closed,  put a PCIII on that bad boy and really piss off the guys that have $4-5K worth of mods on their bikes.........Don't believe me........come to So.Cal and try to catch me....._beagle

You're gettin obnoxious you know that don't you bro. I mean once, ok, twice yeah yeah, three times shut up already will ya, but man you just don't quit with this. It's your motorcycle do what you want with it. But shut up already ok bro ? Man some people just don't know when enough is enough, you tell em and it's a big waste of breath, they keep goin on and on and on and never really sayin anything you know what I mean. It's like they're think whatever they've got to say the world just can't wait to hear it or something. Drives me nuts you know. You'd think they invented the wheel or something the way they just keep harpin on a subject, or maybe they just like the sound of their own voice. Hey that's it brother, why don't you put your lips on that sucker and blow off some of this hot air you seem to have in endless supply and -- - - - - blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] Smiley jumping emoticon means I don't really mean any of this and actually I agree with my most of the time favorite brother  [size=24]NOT ! [/size]

B B

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 10:05:50 PM by SPIDERMAN »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2006, 07:20:32 PM »

Man is there an emoticon of a bull leaving a pie in the field ?  Should be, because that's what the above thread was. 100% Grade A Meadow muffin. Cowpie. Road apples.  [smiley=oops.gif]

B B
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 07:21:48 PM by SPIDERMAN »

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »

Man is there an emoticon of a bull leaving a pie in the field ?  Should be, because that's what the above thread was. 100% Grade A Meadow muffin. Cowpie. Road apples.  [smiley=oops.gif]

B B

How's this B?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 07:51:06 PM by hd-dude »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.