Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Prices Plummeting?  (Read 15088 times)

cvo guy

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2001 fltrsei2
    • CVO2: 2002 flhrsei
    • CVO3: 2003 fxstdse
Re: Prices Plummeting?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 12:40:40 AM »

i think that it might be part of the reason it didn't get that high but check these out

1. stock with 450 miles not one bid, started at $14,000
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300023303548&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020
2. miles 4743 only went to $12,209
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330020668514&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014
3. started at $12,500 no bids
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280019257083&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
4. started $1000 only went to $9100
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110020371358&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001
5.started $1.00 high bid $12000 only 4000 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270013904623&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=017
6. ended at $10600 with 7100 miles
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170014301212&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

i don't know it's looks like right now is not a good time to be selling a fxdwg2/3
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 09:27:20 AM by cvo_guy »

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 01:40:50 AM »

DWG2/3 Owners got hosed when the bike came decked out minus a SE motor upgrade.

I should have dumped mine a year ago, I haven't riden it since then anyway.

LQQKE3

• I love my fxdwg3
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 08:58:07 PM »

there was a bone stock 2002 blue one on ebay with only 1200 miles on it. it sold for 13500 :-?
the only reason is that these sellers are taking way less than they should,so the price of the bikes is going down with it. i bought mine because it looks great an it will hold its value. well it still looks great but its not worth no more than a standard wideglide or that a person wants to spend. [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]
fxdwg3  aahh what a rush!!

3hawgs

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 04:37:55 PM »

Low retail is $12,525 on the FXDWG3 while high retail is $16,480. Sounds like the bike is a great buy for someone who wants the power. The Jims motor would cost about $8000 installed at the dealer. The market is very soft right now and looks like it will stay that way. I have tried selling my custom Deuce on E-Bay and just had some ridiculously low bids from people wanting to steal it. It also isn't helping that there are already dealers selling 07's below MSRP and not charging freight or setup. The market is very saturated right now and I don't forsee that changing anytime in the future.

John

Ready2Rip

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 09:34:35 AM »

I paid $17,500 for my Blue '02 FXDWG3 about 6 months ago, but it only had 10 miles on the bike.  The owner bought it as a collector bike, but he was in it around $26K.  I am about to install the GMR 98" kit, so I'll finally have some power to go with all that flashy chrome.  

As soon as I saw it, I knew this was the bike for me.  Absolutely no regrets!

floridashowbike

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2006, 02:14:25 PM »

I am new to this site and own a Black WG3 show bike (pics to come). I don't think the retail prices are decreasing at all. I see them advertised all the time for 20 grand plus. I wouldn't sell mine for $30,000.00. Hold on to these collectors. By the way, the last four bike shows my bike has taken home 1st place trophies. People love em!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 02:15:23 PM by floridashowbike »
Bruce

floridashowbike

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 10:01:19 AM »

When they go so cheap the seller must need the money. If I was a buyer I would sit back and wait, the deals are out there.
Bruce

WG3

• FXDWG3:  located in beautiful downtown Kearney, NE
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 10:00:45 AM »

I am new to this site and own a Black WG3 show bike (pics to come). I don't think the retail prices are decreasing at all. I see them advertised all the time for 20 grand plus. I wouldn't sell mine for $30,000.00. Hold on to these collectors. By the way, the last four bike shows my bike has taken home 1st place trophies. People love em!

Advertising them for $20K+ is one thing...  SELLING it for $20K+ is another matter.  I love my bike and have no interest in selling it...  but clearly the market is saturated and prices have fallen dramatically.  

pcarr1701

• Junior CVO Member
  • The Switchblade Guy

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »

Well, I purchased my '01 FXDWG2 from a dealer in Missouri with only 4,650 original miles on it for $16,500 and I was very pleased.  It had already had some work done to it.  New headlight, Corbin Ostrich seat, Spiked grips and front hub, mini-ape handlebars, V&H Big Radius pipes and had the motor done to a 95".  Bike runs and handles like a dream.  No problems whatsoever.
Patrick Carr
Siloam Springs, Arkansas
Wildfire

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »

Well, I purchased my '01 FXDWG2 from a dealer in Missouri with only 4,650 original miles on it for $16,500 and I was very pleased.  It had already had some work done to it.  New headlight, Corbin Ostrich seat, Spiked grips and front hub, mini-ape handlebars, V&H Big Radius pipes and had the motor done to a 95".  Bike runs and handles like a dream.  No problems whatsoever.

A big DWG welcome to the site PC.  Glad you found us.  Always liked the red g2's.

I had a 2 and sold it and got a black 3 and have enjoyed them both.  We don't buy them for the resale anyway.  It is a nice side benefit if they hold value, but let's face it the MoCo builds the chit out of these things anymore so they will never hold like the original low number builds did.

Besides, the DWG series didn't get a motor so they won't hold that much better than a stock bike that got $8,000.00 in adds in the short run.  In the long run a low mileage well maintained one may be a bit of an investment, but depriciating assets normally..........depreciate.

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2007, 03:37:54 PM »

You got a good buy, I would not sell Dyna3 for less than 22.000 and was recently offered that much for her ... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

dailywaves

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 - Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2007 Ford F150 Harley-Davidson Edition
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »

Hi All -

New member here, I definitely like the theme!  Anyhow, I have been pondering this thought for some time as well.  There are a few comforting thoughts that have helped me through the endless payments...and the cold Wisconsin winters with it in the garage that has allowed me to not care.  I worked in the Engineering dept. of HD during the development of the FXDWG2/3 Switchblade - and this bike is BY FAR the most sought after model they have released yet.  In a lineup of hundreds of HD's - custom and standard - this one sticks out like a sore thumb above all.  I absolutely had to have the 2.  This bike has single handedly converted about 10 of my "cage-driving" friends to buy a HD.  Not to mention, I have been offered as much as 30K cash for it and had to swallow my tongue to hold back.  Everywhere I have taken this thing - it's the center of attention and a great ride too!  I know I'll never get rid of it, but if I ever had to - I am sure that it would go quickly and fair.  Anyone selling this bike on EBay for 14K doesn't realize what they have if its completely original - this bike is a first for HD in several areas for P&A and Production and will rise again!

One HD colleague coined the phrase "this bike is like a parade on wheels" and I definitely agree.

Safe Ridin' -  Jess
JD - Wisconsin

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 08:15:32 AM »

Good morning dailywaves,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

It'll be nice for the others members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »

Hi All -

New member here, I definitely like the theme! 

I worked in the Engineering dept. of HD during the development of the FXDWG2/3 Switchblade - and this bike is BY FAR the most sought after model they have released yet.  In a lineup of hundreds of HD's - custom and standard - this one sticks out like a sore thumb above all.  I absolutely had to have the 2.  This bike has single handedly converted about 10 of my "cage-driving" friends to buy a HD.  Not to mention, I have been offered as much as 30K cash for it and had to swallow my tongue to hold back.  Everywhere I have taken this thing - it's the center of attention and a great ride too!  I know I'll never get rid of it, but if I ever had to - I am sure that it would go quickly and fair.  Anyone selling this bike on EBay for 14K doesn't realize what they have if its completely original - this bike is a first for HD in several areas for P&A and Production and will rise again!
One HD colleague coined the phrase "this bike is like a parade on wheels" and I definitely agree.
Safe Ridin' -  Jess

Welcome Jess, great to have another member here that will surely have a wealth of HD knowledge.

What are you doing for work now?  Have you done any mods at all to the DWG2?  I had a 2 and now a 3, really like the entire theme of the bike, steering geometry on the 3 seems better to me for some reason.  Anyway, reading your post made me think of two things.  One, I'm glad to have my DWG3 and two Would you like to move to Washington?  I need a good salesman. :2vrolijk_21:

Willie D

• Senior CVO Member
  • Live Life at Full Throttle !

• CVO1: FLSTSE3
    • CVO2: FLHRSEI
    • CVO3: FXDWG2
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 11:07:27 AM »

I think the sales brochure had it right, 'This bike looks FAST just sitting still' . . . I too owned a RED Switchblade.
after a trip to York in 2001 and seeing this beauty sitting all around the plant, I returned to my home dealer and said "I have to have one of those", he jst grinned, and said "I'll see what I can do" two months later he said 'Do you still want one of those RED bikes" . . . . ? the only change I made was to install a V&H Pro pipe. I rode this thing from Michigan to Sturgis and then decided that I needed something with more comfort if I was going to make these kinds of trips, I traded it for my Purple FLHRSEI which after 4 years and 70k I traded it for my current FLTRI.
Wish I had kept the dwg2, but at least I had the pleasure of owning one of the best looking bikes the the CVO folks put together.......!

Welcome to a site with a lot of COOL folks and lot's of knowledge.

Willie D. Davidson Jr.
'Keep your Knees in the Breeze'
01 FXDWG- 11,000 + sold
02 FLHRSEI-66k + traded
New 06 FLTRI - Sold
08 XL1200 N - sold
2010 FLSTFB - Trade
2012 FLSTSE3 - Satin Pewter - 'Brush Gold'
2015 BMW F700GS
2017 Indian Chieftain Dark Horse  TS 111
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.