Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Couple of plug questions  (Read 782 times)

carrmat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Couple of plug questions
« on: March 07, 2020, 04:30:18 PM »

Found these two plugs going through the rats next of wires under the seat the previous owner had created, what are they for?  Thanks.

2015 fltruse. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
Re: Couple of plug questions
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 05:21:18 PM »

bottom pic looks like heated seat plug, top cali emission ?? (purge sol.)   :nixweiss:
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

SIKBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE: Orange Pearl & Jet Black
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 05:27:08 PM »

The bottom looks like the wire to the Aux switch on your fairing.  I used mine for a small GPS so I could control it with the switch.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 05:43:50 PM »

Do you ha e any aux switches on the left side of the fork lock? Also, look at the white plug under the clutch side side cover and see if anything is plugged into it.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 10:51:16 AM »

The red connector in the top photo is for the California only evaporative emissions system purge valve.  There is a dust plug inserted on bikes without the California system.  I would just tape or zip tie it to the wiring harness to keep it out of the way.  As for the second connector, odds are it is for the heated seat but I can't say that for sure.  It isn't the AUX connector.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

carrmat

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 11:06:18 AM »

Thanks guys.  Makes sense for the top plug.  The bottom plug is more oval shaped and rounded corners whereas my heated seat is a deutsch square 4 pin connector so it's not that unless the previous owner changed the plug on the seat I guess.

I don't have switches on the left side but they are pre-wired (you just had to buy the switches themselves on 2015s), so I suppose it could be for that.  I couldn't find anything in the service manual for either plug. 

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 07:10:46 PM »

The red connector in the top photo is for the California only evaporative emissions system purge valve.  There is a dust plug inserted on bikes without the California system.  I would just tape or zip tie it to the wiring harness to keep it out of the way.  As for the second connector, odds are it is for the heated seat but I can't say that for sure.  It isn't the AUX connector.

Jerry

Jerry, I have a Californa bike, if I left that red plug uncoupled would it affect the bike? Just curiious  on e of these days I just may remove the whole Evaporation (Cat) system.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 07:51:37 PM »

Jerry, I have a Californa bike, if I left that red plug uncoupled would it affect the bike? Just curiious  on e of these days I just may remove the whole Evaporation (Cat) system.

I'm not sure if disconnecting it would set a trouble code or not.  Other than that possibility it won't negatively affect the bike.  Unlike other parts of the emissions system, the evap system really doesn't negatively affect anything and if it was mine I'd just leave it stock.  However, if you want to eliminate the Evap Emissions system you can remove the hose from the throttle body and install a rubber cap on the fitting, then disconnect the fuel tank vent line from the carbon canister and run it down below the swingarm just like all the non-Cali bikes.  Unless you really want to dig the canister out (they tend to be buried), you could just leave it in place.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 10:56:20 PM »

Jerry,

I'll take your suggestion and well enough alone.

Thanks

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.