Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Trailering the 2015 Road Glide Ultra--tie down points?  (Read 24360 times)

MTrider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MT

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
Re: Trailering the 2015 Road Glide Ultra--tie down points?
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2015, 02:48:51 PM »

Update: this model seems to be quite a bit more challenging than any others, due to the combination of wet heads & road glide fairing.  After many hours researching & talking to numerous owners & dealers, here's what I came up with:
•Kiwi mounts:  nice design, but not enough room to clear the lowers & water cooling lines.
•Harley fork mount brackets and the numerous similar designs won't clear the 2015 road glide inner fairing.
•traditional tie down points on the front frame rails/mounts for the engine guards won't work, because this model is too congested in that area with air deflectors/cooling lines etc
•••B&W Biker Bar--this is what I ended up using.  Only downfall is price, and the fact that it's only setup for one rider/bike combo. After initial setup, it's literally 30seconds to clamp on & load the bike.  I added a second set of nut plates so I can easily move it between the toyhauler & cargo trailer.
As for all the "trailer" comments, living in this part of the world means you get your service work done in the winter to take advantage of the short summer.  Ice & snow on the road = trailer time.
As far as using a toyhauler, I've found that the guys that give me grief are the ones that can't afford one!😎
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.