Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Road trip  (Read 1289 times)

Nickp2012

• CVO1: 2012 Ultra Classic - Sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Gilde Ultra
First Road trip
« on: July 12, 2015, 07:47:16 PM »

Just got back from an overnight road trip on a new 15 CVO Road glide. From mountain twistys to interstates this bike is an incredible ride. At 80mph on the interstate my 12 Ultra was nowhere near as smooth as this bike. I was forever adjusting my helmet from the wind, several hundred miles this weekend and did not have to touch it. I have a few friends who ride shark nose bikes and they say they would never go back to a batwing. I am starting to understand why its hell of a lot smoother than my last Ultra and the 14 Ultra I rented last year while mine was in the shop. The only negative and its more than likely operator error, is the GPS. I planed out a route on the HD route planner then imported and it seemed like the GPS had a mind of its own. I gave up on my route, entered the destination address and selected the scenic option and then just enjoyed the ride. Leaving on July 31 for a two week road trip, my first trip to sturgis for a couple days during the rally then maybe Colorado and some of Utah.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: First Road trip
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 08:05:52 PM »

Good report, Nick. And:

:worthless:

Sharks rule:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: First Road trip
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:46:23 PM »

All good words, Nick, although I don't have an answer for you on the GPS weirdness.  Sounds like your default preferences set in the GPS menu aren't correct for you and your road picking/riding style.  I'd check them out first before sweating it any.
You're right about the handling on the new RGU.  My wife and I went for a ride this afternoon/evening and it was pure pleasure.  I can remember how my '07 EG-UC felt and then my '11 CVO RGU and this bike beats them both big time, and I loved both of them! 
It's just a fun bike and it loves the twistys and the highway straights more than my old ones did, that's for sure!
Enjoy!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 24 queries.