Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: 2015 roadglide  (Read 30764 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2015 roadglide
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2014, 09:07:48 AM »

They really look great,, I like all the colors.   Question,, are those handle bars adjustable?  Ip someone told me they weren't.  I sat on a non cvo last week and I sure would have liked those bars pushed up a bit,,,,    Stuart.
There may be a thread on that subject here already Stu. If not, I'll post up what I've found so far having seen one torn apart at a dealer in STL getting a blackout treatment and also talking with a new owner at bike night the other night while examining first hand on why they're that way.

The bars are indeed pinned to prevent a lot of movement. You may get a little, and I mean very little forward roll out of them. With the radio being closer to the rider, too much forward roll on the bars will result in the bars hitting the radio housing on hard turns.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »

There may be a thread on that subject here already Stu. If not, I'll post up what I've found so far having seen one torn apart at a dealer in STL getting a blackout treatment and also talking with a new owner at bike night the other night while examining first hand on why they're that way.

The bars are indeed pinned to prevent a lot of movement. You may get a little, and I mean very little forward roll out of them. With the radio being closer to the rider, too much forward roll on the bars will result in the bars hitting the radio housing on hard turns.

See now that just plain sucks a big one.. not being able to adjust the handlebars to fit and comfort of the rider, what were they thinking?

DH

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2014, 09:33:46 AM »

See now that just plain sucks a big one.. not being able to adjust the handlebars to fit and comfort of the rider, what were they thinking?

DH

Not being on the design team or even knowing if the design team are actual riders, I'd have to guess that the main concern was getting the radio closer to the rider for ease of operation and the handlebar issue came into play after the final design of the new fairing. I'm not sure how to correct that issue unless they can somehow offset the handlebars back maybe a 1/4 or 1/2".

Lu

• NJ

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2014, 10:17:13 AM »

are the stock 15’ CVO RGU bars taller than the stock 15’ RG bars or are they the same?  They look different to me.
C50 --> C90 --> FLHX --> GL1800/FXSTS --> FLTRU/DL650 --> FLTRXS --> ?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2014, 10:26:33 AM »

are the stock 15’ CVO RGU bars taller than the stock 15’ RG bars or are they the same?  They look different to me.
They are indeed taller. Mainly because the seat is also much thicker and taller.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2014, 10:43:00 AM »

They are indeed taller. Mainly because the seat is also much thicker and taller.

Hmm.. That is interesting. I'll check it out today at SFHD.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »

I went up to Santa Fe HD today to pick up my '11 FLTRUSE.

I took a test ride on the '15 FLTRUSE. Nice ride. I would need a new rear suspension and a taller windshield to feel comfortable. Of course there is the new headers and the tuner require to kill the "cat".  The I got a ballpark for a trade on my '11 from the Sales Manager - about $20k .. high mileage did most of the damage.

I had the Parts Manager measure the handlebars on the RG Special and the FLTRUSE - same! Here are pics that I took while I was there.

I rode my '11 FLTRUSE the 65 miles back home.

My handlebars are perfect.
My suspension is perfect.
My windshield is perfect.
My motor is 97+hp with tons of torgue.
My ESP has 3 more years on it.
My maintenance is prepaid for the next 3 years.

I am going to keep my '11 FLTRUSE for 3 more years. Then I will look at new bikes or find a '15 FLTRUSE in Red that was a garage/trailer queen.

DH

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »

Oh and you all probably already knew this but the pinning of the handlebar is only at the controls. They are not pinned down by the interface to the fork, so there is plenty of up and down movement for adjustment in the handlebars. You just have to be conscious of the steering and keeping clear of the windshield. I think the bars pushed forward to max would work find for me.

DH

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »

Thanks for the pics of the orange and black!!  I'm trying to figure out what the colors look like. ie: is there any metallic or pearl in them.  How does it look in the sunlight??  I've seen the red one, the blue just not this one, which is the one I'm leaning towards.  It sucks traveling on Sunday as most dealership are closed….  Thanks in advance for more color info….

FLH91

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2014, 07:56:40 PM »

I went up to Santa Fe HD today to pick up my '11 FLTRUSE.

I took a test ride on the '15 FLTRUSE. Nice ride. I would need a new rear suspension and a taller windshield to feel comfortable. Of course there is the new headers and the tuner require to kill the "cat".  The I got a ballpark for a trade on my '11 from the Sales Manager - about $20k .. high mileage did most of the damage.

I had the Parts Manager measure the handlebars on the RG Special and the FLTRUSE - same! Here are pics that I took while I was there.

I am going to keep my '11 FLTRUSE for 3 more years. Then I will look at new bikes or find a '15 FLTRUSE in Red that was a garage/trailer queen.

DH

Thanks for the update on the bars Simon. Goes to show that you can't always listen to the Rep when he's talking.

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:10 PM »

DH

:2vrolijk_21:   
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 09:08:21 PM »

Oh and you all probably already knew this but the pinning of the handlebar is only at the controls. They are not pinned down by the interface to the fork, so there is plenty of up and down movement for adjustment in the handlebars. You just have to be conscious of the steering and keeping clear of the windshield. I think the bars pushed forward to max would work find for me.

DH

but if you pushed the bars forward to the max would the pins allow you to rotate the controls back enough to compensate?
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2014, 09:29:21 PM »

So there is some adjustment in the controls but I don't know the definition of enough. When I demo's the bars were low and I felt like I was reaching down for cruise and volume. For my taste I could probably move the bars 4"closer to the windshield and not need to rotate the controls but I would have my arm sloped downward from shoulders to hands even with that adjustment. I am sure some will not get a good fit but likely the majority will be able to get fitted.

DesertHOG

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• Join me on Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »

The black is gloss. I did not notice pearl or flake in the orange but did not get up close. From the drivers view it's all black. I think it looks better in the pictures than in person using indoor lighting. It is certainly not overstated like tequila sunrise. It is sedate, looks good but doesn't pop. I like the Red because it pops.

DH

Thanks for the pics of the orange and black!!  I'm trying to figure out what the colors look like. ie: is there any metallic or pearl in them.  How does it look in the sunlight??  I've seen the red one, the blue just not this one, which is the one I'm leaning towards.  It sucks traveling on Sunday as most dealership are closed….  Thanks in advance for more color info….

FLH91

MadCVORG

• '11 FLTRUSE
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 10:23:07 PM »

Rocket H-D (Huntsville AL) just got in a red '15.  I sat on it yesterday, but didn't test ride.  It sits lower than my '11 RG, and it seems like the center of gravity is lower too.  Not sure I liked the handlebar….it was as far back as it could be without the controls hitting the tank.  Seemed narrower than the '11 also.  Fairing area looks cleaner around the side air scoops.  Think I'll stick with mine……for now, at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.