Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Author Topic: 2015 roadglide  (Read 30840 times)

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
Re: 2015 roadglide
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:39 PM »

everybody that has looked at the bike has said that.  but most of the people that have actually ridden it say they are pretty comfortable......   :nixweiss:

I've ridden the cvo and they suck

100% not adjustable as they are pinned in place. New seat moves you an inch forward.

If you are 6 ft or taller you will hate them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2014, 11:12:08 PM »

No need to worry so much over the bars. If you don't like them change them to something you do like and enjoy. So far that looks like the only mod to get the comfort we all want from these bikes as the seat looks very comfortable.

This ain't rocket science folks and we all have to change something to make the bike fit us. :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2014, 11:50:45 PM »

100% not adjustable as they are pinned in place. New seat moves you an inch forward.

What is not adjustable? Controls or movibg the bars forward or back? BTW, I am 6'4". Seat might be forward, not sure.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2014, 07:33:38 AM »

My dealer tells me the bars will rotate forward.  Hopefully that is enough for me.  If not, it will get Apes.  I will have to really put some miles on to know for sure on the stock bars pushed forward. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2014, 01:23:35 PM »

Mine was horrible when I picked it up...the bars were in my lap.  They DO adjust.  Yes, they have pins to keep from damaging the wires by rotating the bars too much but mine adjusted forward and are about in line with my forks.  The bars are now perfect!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:34:39 PM by Beemer »

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2014, 01:29:54 PM »

Mine was horrible when I picked it up...the bars were in my lap.  They DO adjust.  Yes, they have pins to keep from damaging the wires by rotating the bars too much but mine adjusted forward and are about in line with my forks.  The bars are now perfect!

So you popped for Carbon Dust and Autumn Sunset.. congratulations, I hope you are loving it. Did you have a trade in when you made the deal?

DH

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2014, 01:39:27 PM »

Yes, I briefly fell for a 2014 Charcoal Pearl SGS and in a weak moment traded in my beloved 09 SERG.  Things were never the same.  I regretted the whole thing and to make matters worse, my boss went up and bought my SERG!  So now I had to endure the constant reminder.

I'm sometimes accused of being OCD.  I never washed the 14 SGS nor took any pics of it in the year I had it.  It only had 2000 miles on it as well.

I believe I can love this new Road Glide.   

Sheesh!  It sounds like I'm talking about a girl!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:51:17 PM by Beemer »

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2014, 11:43:35 AM »

Dave and others, kind of taking a liking to the new RGU.  Like the color much better than the Limiteds.  Guess a convert in progress.  Can one of you give me some idea how the airflow compares to the Limiteds with the stock higher windshield.  I'm 6' tall and looking through top of windshield.  I usually ride with passenger.  My local dealer has a 2013 RGU in their rental fleet.  Thinking about trying it for a day on twistys and interstate for comparison to my Limited.  Dave, I may have missed it but what dealer did you go to for your new bike?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 11:49:52 AM by TNCarters »
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »

I've owned the old style RG (2009 SERG) as well as a batwing (2014 SGS) and the old RG beats the batwing on air management and stability hands down in any weather or condition.  The new RG fairing beats the old RG fairing by the same or wider margin.  The new fairing puts the RG into (dare I say) Gold Wing territory when it comes to coast-to-coast rideability.  IMHO

I'm extremely impressed that there is air movement without buffeting.  Another thing that really impressed me is that you can put your feet up on the highway pegs and there is NO DIFFERENCE!!! No rush of air coming up, into your face from off your outstretched legs.  Those little deflectors seem to make a real difference too.

By all means...go rent a RG before buying.  Keep in mind though...some people just like the batwings more.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:54:56 AM by Beemer »

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »

I wouldn't say they suck, but let me say that after seeing the carbon dust and autumn sunset and riding it when the demo truck stopped at our local HD dealership, I'm keeping my slate/black 2011 CVO RG Ultra.

To me the 2015 CVO RG Ultra seemed to sit lower even though the specs sheets say they have about the same seat height as the 2011.  I don't know how they did that since they put smaller 17/16 wheels instead of using 18/18 wheels that they had on the 2011 CVO RG Ultra.  But being a tall person, it seemed too low for me.

I was real close to trading up before I saw and rode it.  I just didn't see $40K worth of bike.  Yes they now have the Rushmore features, but they took some things away such as the special graphics designs that they added to the previous CVOs, and the more stylish shifter and brake levers.  One other thing that bothered me was that the inner fairing just seems too plain now.  I guess I like gauges to look at and that is something I probably could get used to after a while.  Since there is not really any special graphics or paint schemes, the new CVO RG looks like a RG Ultra Limited (if one existed) with the 110 engine and chrome wheels and forks.  I'm afraid these will take a huge hit after they are a couple years old since they really don't stand out in any way.
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

hotroadking

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2014, 05:51:16 PM »

I'm not saying the bike is bad but for me the new seating position and bars suck it also puts me in an awkward position vis a vis the rear brake

Don't care for the fixed lowers either. I rode three cvo's. RG limited and SG,  all three had the Rushmore setup and all three we're hot as heck.

All three went into rear cylinder shutdown at lights every single time

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." Winston Churchill

Ozoneman

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »

I'm not saying the bike is bad but for me the new seating position and bars suck it also puts me in an awkward position vis a vis the rear brake

Now that you mention that, I had the same problem with the rear brake pedal when I demoed it.
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra, Stage 2 Tman 555 Torqster cams, Thunderheader 2 into 1 exhaust

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2014, 07:38:24 AM »

After being a member of this forum for a few years and reading the posts right after a new year bike comes out, I'm always amused by the naysayers that jump on the bikes to criticize and say how the bike "sucks" and how their older models are so much better.  Sometimes they make these assessments after a brief test ride and sometimes they form an opinion from little more than pictures.

What many of us find out when we buy one of these bikes is that they are predictably different and foreign to us compared to our old steeds.  They don't fit us as well.  We forget that we had to go through several seats, handlebars, and windshields to achieve nirvana on our old bikes.

What surprises me most about my new bike is the fact that it fits me pretty well after only adjusting the handlebars up and out of my lap.  The windshield is damn near perfect and I may need to move the back rest back a notch but all in all...I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2014, 08:28:48 AM »

After being a member of this forum for a few years and reading the posts right after a new year bike comes out, I'm always amused by the naysayers that jump on the bikes to criticize and say how the bike "sucks" and how their older models are so much better.  Sometimes they make these assessments after a brief test ride and sometimes they form an opinion from little more than pictures.

What many of us find out when we buy one of these bikes is that they are predictably different and foreign to us compared to our old steeds.  They don't fit us as well.  We forget that we had to go through several seats, handlebars, and windshields to achieve nirvana on our old bikes.

What surprises me most about my new bike is the fact that it fits me pretty well after only adjusting the handlebars up and out of my lap.  The windshield is damn near perfect and I may need to move the back rest back a notch but all in all...I'm pretty satisfied with it.
Not so much the new bikes sucking as it is i don't want to go through all the bs to get it to fit me right. I'm riding a 12 so I'm sitting on the sidelines for awhile. Takes a lot of time and money to get the bars, seat, suspension, etc to fit my 5'6" frame. My 12 is all set. Glad you love your new ride.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2014, 08:54:56 AM »

Both Beemer and Jswerve have great points.

The 14 and 15's have a lot of improvements.

But for most of us, it costs a lot more money to make them fit.

It always seems it 15-20K to trade and to a lot of us it is not worth it (unless you are fortunate to have deep pockets)..

Each of us has to do what is best for us.  I would not have gotten rid of my 10 for the 14 if it hadn't been for the accident.  Yes, the 14 is improved in a lot of ways, but was perfectly content with the 10..   The 14 is not $15-20K better than the 10..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.