Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"  (Read 33117 times)

DownUnder CVO

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited-Traded
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra- Traded
    • CVO3: 2022 CVO Road Glide Limited
2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"
« on: January 05, 2015, 06:36:42 AM »

Not being able to see the screen when the sun is behind me is a big problem for me and can be dangerous.
Having had a 2014 CVO Limited for 12 months where there is no Glare issue at all, and being used to using all screen functions I have had a few scares on the RGU when I haven't been able to see the screen and getting distracted.
Maybe if I didn't have the 14 CVO Limited I wouldn't know the problem existed. In saying that there is no way I would go back to a Bat now, this bike is an amazing ride.
I think this needs to be quickly addressed by HD. The angle of the screen is wrong tilted up instead of down and also set to high. I think a complete redesign of the dash is the only solution.
Opinions or any ideas for a fix?
If You're Not Living On The Edge, You're Taking Up Too Much Space!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:56:31 AM »

Someone else posted they got a matte finish screen protector at a local store and put it over the screen. While not 100% effective, it reduced the glare quite a bit.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »

I think a complete redesign of the dash is the only solution.

yeah, i don't see this happening anytime soon.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 08:15:25 AM »

I had heard this was one of the only customer complaint about the new RG fairing design a month ago while at a dealer.
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 09:57:05 AM »

I too came off of a 14 Limited and that was the first thing I noticed on the couple of test rides I did. At the york open house the reps said that was the only complaint they heard on the new design.

I've only got 450 miles on mine and can't say it's a big issue yet. I've noticed it but I've been able to move my head and create a shadow that makes it readable again.

I don't see a redesign coming, maybe a screen protector or hood as an add on will be about it.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 11:35:37 AM »

About a month ago my dealer let me take his 2015 CVO RGU for an extended test ride of about 200 miles.  I made some notes for several of my friends about my impression of the bike from the test ride.  Here is what I said about the infotainment screen:

Infotainment screen / gauges - while they are positioned much closer and better than on the older RG styles they are still positioned so you cannot see them well!  Now it was very cloudy and overcast when I left and after a while some sun did pop out.  But even in the overcast conditions I had difficulty seeing the infotainment screen and if the sun should be behind you well good luck then because you won't be able to see it or any of the gauges except the speedo and tach.  I don't recall my '11 RUSE having this degree of problem.  It had some but not this much as I recall.

And you know when riding on back roads and you pass through a heavily treed area how the light and then the darker shadows play off each other and create an almost strobe like effect?  Well even when heavily overcast and not bright at all the shading differences encountered in treed areas caused distracting reflections on all the instruments and the infotainment screen.  Something I noticed but maybe could learn to ignore with time??

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 11:52:04 AM »

i had a 2014 cvo ultra and yep the screen reflection was not an issue.  I do agree the RGU  the glare off the screen can be blinding or at least very distracting.  I hope they work this out but hope its not a big screen visor like on the old boat depth finders.  Really when they were out testing these bikes none of the Harley people noticed this come on.   

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

Reddog303

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 11:56:50 AM »

800 m on mine 2015 has really not been an issue. Not really a great factor ,sitting higher maybe I am 6,5" or probably as my wife says you should look down. Am pissed about the radio  not working properly but heard that is a tech.update download at the next service interval....

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »

you can update your radio your self  go to harley website.  But even with their updates I still have issues.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »

There are times the glare is bad and you can barely see the screen.  It can be a pain some times. I have 6700 miles on the bike, in all kinds of weather conditions. However I have bigger issues with things that do not work that should, like auto dimming and then coming back to bright, the AVC, the times zones and so many more. 

They say Jan will have another software update.

They obviously Rushedmore to put this head unit into production 18 months ago and it still does not work as designed or claimed.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:59:08 PM by FLSTFI Dave »
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »

i have the exact same problems with mine

Reddog303

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 09:17:52 PM »

Yep AVC works exactly opposite louder when I stop quieter when I ride WTF , haven't even got my new pipes on yet,  :o

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 07:38:05 AM »

Yep AVC works exactly opposite louder when I stop quieter when I ride WTF , haven't even got my new pipes on yet,  :o

Reddog,

Each time you start the bike and get rolling go to your AVC menu and turn it off and then back on. It should work fine until you turn it off again.

HD will have a lawsuit eventually from someone getting in an accident due to this glare issue. I've been on mine twice now where I've had to hold my hand up to block the glare in order to see down the road at all. I'm 5'10". I still love the bike though.

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 10:05:58 AM »

So by glare, you are referring to a reflection bouncing back and blocking your vision? My helmet has a tinted shield so I haven't experienced that issue. I just get the infotainment screen washed out from direct sunlight, but it's still readable.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 12:44:00 PM »

So by glare, you are referring to a reflection bouncing back and blocking your vision? My helmet has a tinted shield so I haven't experienced that issue. I just get the infotainment screen washed out from direct sunlight, but it's still readable.

I would assume my sunglasses would provide the same protection as your tinted shield. If you get on a long straight road with the sun at your back in the right/wrong place, you will be blinded by the sunlight if you are on the stock seat and are 5'10" tall. :-)

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »

The alignment of the planets has not changed just because the MoCo put a GPS thingy in a fairing. You are always going to get the sun reflecting off instruments, GPS, mirrors, chrome, watches if you wear one and the list goes on. It does not matter if you are 4 foot tall or 7 foot tall if you have the sun behind you at some point it will reflect off stuff and be a PITA. It's one of the joys of heading west later in the day.

I move my Melon (head) so I cut the sun off, I also wear glare reducing sunnies and a brim on my lid. Looking at the GPS is not my biggest worry as heading into the sun it is often difficult to see the road and/or oncoming traffic.

As far as the BOOM Audio GPS goes I would be interested to find out if anyone has tried some kind of touch screen anti-glare/reflection covering and how that goes. Wonder if it makes it harder to see at night?

Cheers Tom

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »

I read that someone as used a anti glare and it helped but not sure about the night. I have to disagree about the glare issue though. The reason I listed my height is that at the point I'm speaking of, I'm not tall enough to get my head in the way of the sun unless I want to stand up on the pegs. Yes the glare from the instruments on all of the other bikes (HD or non HD)  I have owned were aggravating at times but nothing like this. I do agree that driving directly into the sun is a pain as well but contrary to popular belief, Harley didn't make the sunset...  :P

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2015, 04:32:35 PM »

I read that someone as used a anti glare and it helped but not sure about the night. I have to disagree about the glare issue though. The reason I listed my height is that at the point I'm speaking of, I'm not tall enough to get my head in the way of the sun unless I want to stand up on the pegs. Yes the glare from the instruments on all of the other bikes (HD or non HD)  I have owned were aggravating at times but nothing like this. I do agree that driving directly into the sun is a pain as well but contrary to popular belief, Harley didn't make the sunset...  :P

Fair Call. Maybe that's why you see those guys with the punk mohawks stuck on their helments............? I'll look for some anti glare and let you know what and where if it works at all.

Cheers Tom

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 05:18:15 PM »

I've been looking for a reason to get me one of those helmets!

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 05:40:44 PM »

Why am I not surprised?

WJS

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 06:26:38 PM »

I put a Harley 19" shield on mine for the winter and to also block some wind off my wife on back. At night the top 4 to 5 inches gets a reflection off the info screen. Impossible to see through top of shield.

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 07:04:34 PM »

Even though nothing the moco does or does not do is beyond belief I simply cannot understand how after all this time with the redesign of the shark nose fairing they failed to notice / address this issue.  Totally unacceptable imo and just shows the level of contempt the moco has for its best customers.  Shame on them!

IBA member # 45520

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2015, 06:27:21 AM »

Ultrafxr,

Well the glair issue not being discovered by Harley during the rushmore more to get it to market on the road glide.

After all they Rushedmore to bring the boom head unit to market 18 months ago.  They still have dozens of issues with it that do not work right.  This effects every 14 and newer with the boom headunit.  Seriously how hard it is to get GPS time zones righ?  Every cheap azz car gps does, or garmin or tom tom, or phone.  Same with the AVC,  not hard at all to get it right.

Thing is they do not care.  They have figured out, we will buy it even if it does not work right. 

Afdharley

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »

Ok, now I understand your issue with glare blinding you. I'm 6'2" and wear a full face helmet so maybe that few inches makes all the difference. At least that's what she said. Lol.

Reddog303

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2015, 04:12:33 PM »

Thanks Robmay for the advice on the AVC will give it a try.On the glare issue I work at night on a ship with a tablet(computer for us old guys) and although I can darken it down the glare is and can be distracting.so out with the trusty velcro tape and a piece of naugahyde and presto a cover flap not the greatest  but it works and with the velcro you can take it off in the daytime so its not an annoyance.Nothing like paying 50k and Mickey Mousing your pride and joy 8) 8)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 11:29:52 PM »

You can get full size GPS units (8-14" screens ) on boats that are fully readable in all kinds of light and sun positioning. I don't understand why the manufacturer didn't spec a daylight readable screen
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 08:08:01 PM »

You can get full size GPS units (8-14" screens ) on boats that are fully readable in all kinds of light and sun positioning. I don't understand why the manufacturer didn't spec a daylight readable screen

^^^^ This.... been out the past two weekends and I can either barely see the display or it is blinding me. I have tried it in automatic and manual from dim to bright....no help. You'd think with 1 million plus test miles someone would have figured this out...  :P  Still love the bike though!

Ps. looks real nice at night though....

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 07:35:51 PM »

Picked up my Carbon Dust / Autumn Sunset last week and am thrilled with most everything. Stock windshield OK for me (6'-0 1/2"), but BSR wife (5'-11") gets significant buffeting .....even with all fairing vents open. Have a 15" Freedom Shield on order. Infotainment screen represents a terrible design for an open air vehicle >:(! In a cloudy bright (midday) scenario, I can't see anything but a reflection of the cloudy sky! Called Harley-Davidson Tech Support to register my complaint and suggested an appropriate color matching hood and/or a matte screen protector. I was told they are fully aware of the issue and are working on a solution. She indicated that my suggestions are already on the list of considerations and that I should advise my dealer to notify me when the MOCO does something about it. Being a safety related issue, I believe they'll take action. I certainly hope it doesn't happen on "island time" LOL!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 07:39:54 PM »

Previous photo taken on the road. This taken outside my garage.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »

Tournado safely inside the garage :)
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 08:35:48 AM »

Infotainment screen represents a terrible design for an open air vehicle >:(! In a cloudy bright (midday) scenario, I can't see anything but a reflection of the cloudy sky! Called Harley-Davidson Tech Support to register my complaint and suggested an appropriate color matching hood and/or a matte screen protector. I was told they are fully aware of the issue and are working on a solution. She indicated that my suggestions are already on the list of considerations and that I should advise my dealer to notify me when the MOCO does something about it. Being a safety related issue, I believe they'll take action. I certainly hope it doesn't happen on "island time" LOL!

It's pretty sad when you think about it.  The problem is so obvious there is no excuse for them not catching it in early product development reviews, and if not then then at least in prototype testing (let's be nice and positive and assume they actually test anything these days).  But from day one the retail customers have been complaining, and after all this time they are still just compiling a list of possible solutions?  Yup, I can see they really assigned a high priority to this safety related problem.

Considering how long it has taken to get the infotainment system to even work reasonably well, don't be surprised if this issue is just allowed to drag on until it dies, like so many others do.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2015, 09:26:57 AM »

Tournado safely inside the garage :)
Hi Trigger-Man. I have just taken delivery same bike colour, etc. what a fantasic bike to ride.
Looking at your picture, is that a side light you have on the fairing??
if so, can you supply source details please. Thanks, Miceracs
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2015, 10:53:17 AM »

Hi Trigger-Man. I have just taken delivery same bike colour, etc. what a fantasic bike to ride.
Looking at your picture, is that a side light you have on the fairing??
if so, can you supply source details please. Thanks, Miceracs
Its a reflection. I had to look at it twice to see it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:22 AM »

Reflection it is....but it brings some lighting ideas to mind.... ::)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2015, 08:24:05 PM »

Considering how long it has taken to get the infotainment system to even work reasonably well, don't be surprised if this issue is just allowed to drag on until it dies, like so many others do.

Jerry
I still do not feel it operates reasonably well.  Full of Issues on a head unit that has been on the market over 19 months.  Glare is just one, the AVC that still does not work, rear speakers that can't be heard, fade that has little to no effect.  Nav system that auto bright never returns to bright after a tunnel, map shows turning left, written indicates right and voice saying right, when it is a left or visa versa. 

Sad for a 23K bike, and ridiculous for a 40K bike. 

The only Rushmore on this, was rushmore to get it into production.....Quality and functionality be damned. 

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »

Confirming ......yes a reflection. Here's a more frontal photo. Interestingly, relating to my call to the MoCo yesterday, I just received a call from H-D asking about my Customer Service experience. Clearly, someone in management cares enough about customer satisfaction to implement a survey of how well they are doing and how satisfied we are. Thus far, I've had mostly positive and respectful experiences with H-D and that's what my survey answers reflected. In answer to a "was the problem solved" question, I did advise them that it was not yet resolved. I shall allow them the opportunity to "make it right" before I "go off on them" as so many on these forums do. Sometimes I wonder if a few of us are competing to see who can grouse the most .......it's almost like being in the military .....ain't happy unless they're bitching about something LOL ::)! I hope to report a reasonable solution to this issue .....or I may be joining the grousers :(!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2015, 09:31:04 PM »

I have call four times, twice on my bike, and twice on my wife's bike.  Same issues on the head units on both bikes.

So, I call on mine, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  This is first week in Oct.  I am told they have never heard of these issues and will look into it.  I call the next day about my wife's 15 Road Glide Special, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  The guy says they have never heard of these issues.  I asked if no one there had heard of the issues, and he said no reports of it.  So I asked what about the call yesterday on my 15 CVO?  He starts stammering.  Realizes they have been caught not being honest.

Next update comes out.  Same issues.  Call again.  Again told they have never heard about it.  Told them the name of who I talked to in Oct about it, this was a Dec call.  I tell them about the two bikes reported by me in Oct.  Then I get they are working on the issues.  They will be corrected in the next update. 

Next update.  Issues not corrected.  Debating weather its worth waisting my time to call again.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2015, 09:37:32 PM »

I have call four times, twice on my bike, and twice on my wife's bike.  Same issues on the head units on both bikes.

So, I call on mine, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  This is first week in Oct.  I am told they have never heard of these issues and will look into it.  I call the next day about my wife's 15 Road Glide Special, they ask for vin, ask about issues.  I tell them about AVC not working, Auto Dimming not working, GPS time having East TN in the Wrong time zone.  The guy says they have never heard of these issues.  I asked if no one there had heard of the issues, and he said no reports of it.  So I asked what about the call yesterday on my 15 CVO?  He starts stammering.  Realizes they have been caught not being honest.

Next update comes out.  Same issues.  Call again.  Again told they have never heard about it.  Told them the name of who I talked to in Oct about it, this was a Dec call.  I tell them about the two bikes reported by me in Oct.  Then I get they are working on the issues.  They will be corrected in the next update. 

Next update.  Issues not corrected.  Debating weather its worth waisting my time to call again.

This is exactly what Jerry was referring to when he said they will just allow it to drag on until it dies.....such a shame.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2015, 10:57:46 PM »

This is exactly what Jerry was referring to when he said they will just allow it to drag on until it dies.....such a shame.

I have two 110's and most likely they are keepers. (or have been so far)
My priorities have changed and based on the experiences I read above and the typical 110 issues the two I own will be all the trouble I
am willing to deal with.

As Rob said, it is a shame.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 09:21:38 AM »

Just curious, do you have the same unit function issues with your's Rob or just the glare problem?

Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

ultrafxr

• 5k CVO Member
    • TN

« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »

My priorities have changed and based on the experiences I read above and the typical 110 issues the two I own will be all the trouble I
am willing to deal with.

SBB

Exactly Chip.  That is why I backed off considering a 2015 model.  I've modded my '07 and my '12 to get them set up the way I want.  Too darn much trouble and expense to do the same on a new one most especially when the new one has deficiencies my current ones do not have.  Think I'll be hanging on the them for a while.   :2vrolijk_21:

IBA member # 45520

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 08:57:27 PM »

Guess that was the Kick in the A** in needed.  Well be calling about the head unit / Nav on both bike on Monday.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 09:05:55 PM »

am willing to deal with.

SBB

The 110's have been good to me.  44K on the 09 SERG when I traded it, nothing major with it, starter under warranty.  It did have the lifters fail the week after I traded it.  45,500 on the 12 SERG when I traded it, only issue was the regulator, failed on the way to MI bike was five months old.  Recall for it came in the mail 5 days after it failed.  13 SERK, no issues, but I built the motor.

The 15 Runs best stock of any of the 110's I have owned.  Minor issue with the coolant leak when cold, fixed. 

The head unit is the issue.  No excuses for it not to work as designed.  Been in production 19 months.  Seems to me they could easily fix the simple things, its all software.  I work with Machine automation, which is all software.  I would be out of a job if I could not fix software issues. 

The AVC is just a holding bit or circuit not programed right, as it actually works if you turn it off and back on.  Should be a simple fix for a first year software engineer. 

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »

Just curious, do you have the same unit function issues with your's Rob or just the glare problem?

Exact same ones. Best bike I've ever owned though other than the head unit issues.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 07:48:27 PM »

Exact same ones. Best bike I've ever owned though other than the head unit issues.

Fully agree.  I called customer service today about both my bike's head unit then an hour later about my wife's head unit on her bike.

ramdez

• CVO1: CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
    • ScottishHD
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 05:18:56 PM »

Guys, has there been any fix yet for the head unit?

I have ordered this bike and will receive it next week and after reading this!
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra
Abyss Blue and Crushed Sapphire

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »

Guys, has there been any fix yet for the head unit?

I have ordered this bike and will receive it next week and after reading this!
I would not assume there is a fix needed until you get your bike. I put 5,000 miles on my bike in the first 3 months and never had an issue with the screen.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 08:22:42 PM »

I would not assume there is a fix needed until you get your bike. I put 5,000 miles on my bike in the first 3 months and never had an issue with the screen.

I have just over 12K on mine.  Not often but a few times the glare has been blinding.  Usually its you just can't read the screen as the sun has it washed out.

I'll take this over engine troubles any day.

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 10:05:24 PM »

I have only owned my RGU for a few weeks now. But have had issues with seeing the infotainment center because of sun glare on it. Have not had the blinding issues some have experienced. I would like to see the MoCo move the tach and speedo up to where the info center is and move the info down to the bars. Maybe stand it up a little more vertical. I say this after coming off a street glide. The gauges up front more in the line of sight and the radio down low would make more sense to me. Just my observation.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:42:16 AM by 2014WtGld »

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »

This is what I'm referring to...

Hard to tell but when it's spot on its blinding.

CultusRider

• Just because you have a crack in your arse doesn't make you a cripple.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (sold)
    • CVO3: 2015 Fltruse
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2015, 01:45:35 PM »

I'm 6'1" and get exactly the same experience Rob - we can deal with not being able to read the screen by simply going old school but being blinded because of an obviously poor design is a potentially deadly flaw for riders and others and could result in a class action.

CR
CultusRider

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2015, 03:10:45 PM »

I'm 6'1" and get exactly the same experience Rob - we can deal with not being able to read the screen by simply going old school but being blinded because of an obviously poor design is a potentially deadly flaw for riders and others and could result in a class action.

CR
Hope Robmay didn't "blind" his camera ....LOL. Yes, the glare can be a bitch ......especially given that the stock protective film is reflective rather than a matte finish. Depending on the sun position, my 2011 FLTRUSE radio screen would occasionally throw a blinding glare at me .....but with the much smaller screen .....it was nowhere near as bad as our 6.5" screen :'(.

I "semi-solved" the issue by removing/replacing the Harley reflective screen with a (matte finish) anti-reflective "DayVue" film by NuShield. It's part #NU068RA and made for 6.5" screens. While not a perfect solution ......this comparison photo is indicative of the improvement using the NuShield film:
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

CultusRider

• Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2015, 03:15:39 PM »

Impressive! I'll be ordering one for sure. Thanks Trigger.
CultusRider

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »

Trigger did you put it on the gauges too? They look clearer in the 2nd photo also.

CultusRider

• Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2015, 03:28:52 PM »

NU068A
NuShield for 6.5" diagonal screens
Film Type: DayVue   $18.00   2   $36.00   
Shipping Charge:   +$3.10
Total:   $39.10

Ordered 2, never know when another RoadGlider will need one...
CultusRider

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2015, 04:55:14 PM »

Trigger did you put it on the gauges too? They look clearer in the 2nd photo also.
Only installed on BOOM! Screen Robmay. Photos were taken on different days. Except for low sun directly behind .....I've found the worst viewing around midday on a very cloudy bright day ......might have been more clouds in first pic. This NuShield film is not a panacea for the worst conditions .....but it's surely a significant improvement. The screen would benefit with a proper shade hood as well.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

ramdez

• ScottishHD
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2015, 02:53:12 AM »

just ordered as well :)

but note from their web site

NuShield DayVue™ Antireflective film

Will greatly diminish glare, even under bright outdoor conditions
Cancels reflected light
Glossy film with no haze – maintains pure colors
Best under indirect bright light conditions
Direct sun can still wash out display
Can show fingerprints
Can show weak reflections
Eliminates 99% of UVB ultra violet light
Best for indirect bright light where reflected images are not a big concern
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »

Thanks for the info... just order 2 also.

mtflhtcuse8

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2015, 07:48:11 AM »

How does the stock screen protector come out?

ramdez

• ScottishHD
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2015, 03:30:18 PM »

and that was going to be MY next question :)

I see the notches in each corner, do we have to lever that out?
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »

How does the stock screen protector come out?
I used a short piece of duct tape at one of the corners and pulled gently. If the factory film "resists", a toothpick can be used for "persuasion". It'll peel right off. Get the new film on asap to avoid any dust particles settling on the screen.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;

navigator

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »

THANKS, just ordered mine!
2015 CVO Roadglide (RG2)
FuelMotto 2-1-2 with E-Series, Pro-Action Rear Shocks, Ricor intimidators, Klockwreks, Carls Soft-brake, BOOM 2

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 05:12:59 AM »

:cherry:  I Love Forums. plenty of good info.
I took delivery of my RG CVO Ultra in March, very pleased EXCEPT with the Radio & Sat Nav. Sh*t system.
and yes very dangerous when the sun is behind you, (we do get this sometimes in England!). added to the fact unable to see the display
in bright sun light.
I have now ordered this film to help, but also looking for a better non HD radio system with or without sat nav. I still have my garmin.
My radio refuses to find all the FM stations that I know are available on scan. I have asked the moco to investigate but have no faith.
Let me know if anybody has ideas on a european suitable radio system.

I am just fitting couple of Clearlight lamps to the bull bars as well. another post next week.

:2vrolijk_21:
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

ramdez

• ScottishHD
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »

my screen cover arrived yesterday and I applied it right away. Just back from a 150 mile ride today and WOW, what a difference. The only think that washes out the screen now is the sun hitting it full on, I doubt that anything would cope with that. I was seeing the screen 100 percent better now and even better than the dials LOL I am now wondering if they make them for the dials haha.
Great product and one hundred percent endorse it.
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »

how hard is it to put the new protector on ..  i never can do it without bubbles   

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 04:29:05 AM »

Have been out of the loop for a bit. Interesting reading and solution. I ordered an ipad anti glare cover which I will trim and apply when I get home in a couple weeks. For $15  I'll give it a whirl.
Cheers Tom

CultusRider

• Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »

Installed the new screen protector today - was not able to use the duct tape trick to lift off the oem screen cover, so used a suction cup to apply some "pull" and some air pressure with a needle valve (wrapped with a little tape to protect the screen) to direct the air into the corner and under the cover and it lifted up easily. The air pressure made all the difference. Backed outside onto the driveway directly under the sun and it was still too bright to see the screen properly while parked. Took it for a quick spin and the new screen protector is definitely an improvement although ultimately a custom visor will most likely be required.

CultusRider

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2015, 03:24:58 AM »

8) Interesting, I just fitted my anti glare kit as well. Went out last night with sun behind and no issues at all. just getting caught with sun in the wing mirrors now!
Although, I did not remove the existing screen cover first as reported by Cultusrider above. Just gave it a good clean.
Recommend the kit though.  :2vrolijk_21:

CultusRider

• Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »

8) Interesting, I just fitted my anti glare kit as well. Went out last night with sun behind and no issues at all. just getting caught with sun in the wing mirrors now!
Although, I did not remove the existing screen cover first as reported by Cultusrider above. Just gave it a good clean.
Recommend the kit though.  :2vrolijk_21:

I thought about leaving the oem screen protector in place as well. Will be interesting to see if anyone else has done this and what the results are?
CultusRider

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »

Question about removing the existing protector.  The stock screen looks to have a thicker plastic piece over it with the corner notches.  What exactly are yall removing with the tape or suction cup?  Is the thicker plastic coming out or is there a thinner protector on top of it?  Saw an HD installation instructions for their replacement screen protector and it says to stick tape in the corner and pull the old protector off.  I just received two DayVue protectors so trying to figure out best way to install.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05729.pdf?version=desktop&
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2015, 11:13:25 PM »

Thanks for a remedy. Ordered my Nushield Day Vue yesterday.
2015 FLTRUSE

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2015, 08:54:12 AM »

Thanks so much for this information!

I bought 2 of these so I could try with the stock screen protector still in place first and then without the
Harley stock piece underneath it.

I installed OVER the stock piece and it REALLY helped! Now with sun behind me I cannot really see the screen BUT at least now it does not blind me when the sun is directly behind me. IT is a big improvement. I decided to leave it with both screen protectors on. Now I still have a spare!  :)
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »

A little glare I can live with, but when the morning or afternoon sun is at your back the glare becomes almost blinding and the screen unusable. 
From a safety standpoint, that alone should have been caught at the factory or by the Rushmore thingy, but maybe they just made comments and never got to ride the thing in it's finished design?  To me, it doesn't look like anybody at the MOCO rode it either in it's completed state.  For a system that extravagant on a bike this expensive, plus after their much-touted Project Rushmore, this should have been discussed and eliminated early on...no brainer!  I mean, it's not like HD has only been making bikes for 5 years or so...right?
When the screen becomes unusable because of glare, that should be the minority of the time.  The vast minority.  I don't want to have to scoot up or lean way forward to be able to see what I'm doing on the screen, and I don't want to have to take more than one or two glances to move my selection around or to see where I am on the screen.  That makes this radio a whole lot less usable and safe and friendly and fun.
The guys out there that are 6'5" say they don't have a problem, but the rest of us are saying at the very least it's annoying, and at the worst, it's somewhat dangerous.
I guess I'm crying on deaf ears because will the MOCO ever read these posts?  If they were smart they would.  If anything came out of Rushmore it would have been read the blogs, MOCO!
Don't get me wrong, there are times when I love the screen, but it's when I'm in the shade or at night, or the sun is in front of me and not behind or above me!
C'mon, MOCO!  You had some great ideas with this thing, but placement and angle of placement should have been at the top of your priorities!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

navigator

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2015, 02:15:18 PM »

I could not get it to stick good to factory protection so I attached directly to screen. Nice improvement!
2015 CVO Roadglide (RG2)
FuelMotto 2-1-2 with E-Series, Pro-Action Rear Shocks, Ricor intimidators, Klockwreks, Carls Soft-brake, BOOM 2

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »

Just to update from post 69 above.  The original screen protector that appeared to be a thick plastic with the corners clipped came right out with tape and a little help with a blunt toothpick.  Cleaned the screen with a microfiber cloth and applied the DayVue which was easier than I anticipated.  DayVue darkened the screen slightly and it is less glare than before but not as good as I had hoped.  It is better but not total solution.  When I ordered the DayVue the HD Roadglide came up in the model selections and selected the size shown earlier in post 54.  I've tried to go back and get the HD model to come up again and cant find it.  Almost appeared they were adding the RG to their selection lists.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2015, 04:22:06 PM »

Hey all,

I just went to the NuShield.com website and clicked on "order by part number".  I looked up the NU068A part number and clicked on it, then selected DayVue, and for some reason, I got them for $10.00 a piece.
I have a coupon code from writing their customer service:  NCLP10 (be sure to use caps), which should get you an additional 10% off.  I don't know why I got them for $10 a piece, but I'm not complaining!
I bought 2 shields and the total was $21.34 counting shipping.  I don't know if they've just lowered their prices or what, as I saw in Post #54? where they were charging $18 a piece if I remember correctly.
Don't know what happened, but if you want one, go look now before they up the price!
Harry
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2015, 04:47:48 PM »

Mine came in today. I installed it over the OEM screen protector. I paid $18 after coupon code last week for 25¢ worth of material. It's a small improvement riding for about 2 hrs in mid afternoon sun shine here in South Florida. Is it worth $18? No. $5 yes.
2015 FLTRUSE

ramdez

• ScottishHD
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51:46 AM »

Just back from a 3500 mile ride around Spain. Riding in temps of 44c and full sun all of the time. My screen washout out only twice in the entire trip. Its a result for me.
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 SE Fatboy Silver Mist
    • CVO2: 2006 Street Glide Black
    • CVO3: 2009 SE Road Glide orange
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2015, 11:52:03 AM »

Looks like the new update will help with the high contrast color.

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »

And

oakmtnbody

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2015, 12:47:16 PM »

Here's the fixes

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »

I ordered the NuShield DayVue shield and got it put on this past weekend.  I ordered 2 each of p/n NU308RA, which was their shield for a 6.3" display.  I installed it right on top of the OEM shield that was on the display.  The slightly smaller size of the new shield made it easy to install and will make it easy to remove when the time comes.  You have to look close to see the outline of the NuShield, as it is about a 16th of an inch less in size than the factory version.  I like that.
Anyway, put 110 miles on it in the late afternoon with the sun mostly at my back or side, and I gotta say I really like the difference.  Even driving at night, the screen had a "prettier" look...more constrasty, I guess you could say.  I'm 6' even and had a real problem with the glare, but already am liking the new look I got from the NuShield.
Harry

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »

New High contrast update helps but does not fix.

On my 6881 mile trip, there were many times going West in the AM you could not see the screen at all or the glare would blind you.  Same with Heading east in the evening.

stealth

« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »

Help with ordering the NuShield.

You all seem to have it figured out, but I have a problem. I will call NuShield if one of you do not have the answer. There is a 6.5" (NU068A, not RA) and a 6.3"(NU308A). CVORGU has the 6.5T Boom Box, but if I put in that model NuShield says 6.3.

Any of you figure out the right answer?  Thanks in advance.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2015, 03:14:33 PM »

You all seem to have it figured out, but I have a problem. I will call NuShield if one of you do not have the answer. There is a 6.5" (NU068A, not RA) and a 6.3"(NU308A). CVORGU has the 6.5T Boom Box, but if I put in that model NuShield says 6.3.

When I ordered the NU068A, which many of the guys seem to be getting, NuShield came back and said it was the wrong one.  They sent me 2 of the 6.3", and in the end I was kind of glad they did.  I didn't take the OEM protector off the screen, just cleaned it really good before applying the NuShield.  It went on fine with no big bubbles and only a few small ones which were easy to get out.  As far as fit, it was about 1-2 millimeters shorter height and width, which you notice when applying the shield, but after that...I've never noticed the smaller size.  Not once while on the bike.
I figure the smaller size was 1)more forgiving when applying in case you get it slightly out of perfect alignment (and what are the odds of that?!!!), and  2) it will be easier to remove and apply a new one.
If I had to order more shields, I'd buy the 6.3".  Just my 2 cents worth.
Harry

stealth

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:57 PM »

Great! Thanks for the help.
Duane

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2015, 08:54:56 PM »

Looks like the new update will help with the high contrast color.

I had not seen this before but learned it today and could not find it mentioned here.  With the 1..19.0 and 1.19.1 software updates, you can activate the "high contrast colors" by pressing the info button on the right handle bar for 3-4 seconds.  It may not cure your issue but is an easy assist.  The feature turns off the same way.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RG RON

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »

I just stumbled on this topic and a Love this bike but been having issue's as well. Called dealership and and had to leave a message at service for an apt to adjust headlight and updates on the infotainment system. Waited 1 week, still no call back. Called again and customer service transferred the call back to service, no answer after several mins. Rings back to customer service then the young lady asks if I prfer to leave a message, I refused and informed her why. She says that she will hand carry a note back to service my contact info. Within 5 mins I get a call from service, set up the appt. for the following week, said I could wait on it, no problem. I had to cancel do to extreme storm warnings for our area. I call again yesterday and again get to leave a message, I just gave up. I call another local dealer to possibly set up an appt. but schedule full, to get me in in that week, ok I can understand. I get put on hold a few mins then told how to adjust headlight which I knew how to but not the direction as the owners manual doesn't state, only how to. So I turn many times in both directions and see no movement, then the adjustment starts to get tight so I stop. For the infotainment I'm told to just get on HD's site to download the updates myself. Now I ask the first dealership I would say was my go to place as this bike has been my 5th purchase there and will be my last, then the other dealer I had purchased one bike there and looked at another purchase earlier this year with a trade, couldn't do the deal so went back to the first dealer to do a deal on this current bike, CVO. My thoughts is this, If a person that is a regular customer and has purchased a total of 5 bikes with the last one being a high dollar bike and is dissatisfied then goes to another dealer for above adjustments, services and be instructed that I can do them myself, which I can with over 25 years of mechanical experience, but I ask myself why should I have to do this when the bike is just over a month old. I see this as a dealership has no issues selling a customer a bike but following up on warranty work is a joke it seems. Sorry for the long post/rant, but I would think customer service from the representing dealerships from the manufacture would be important. Told my  wife just this morning on the way home from church that so far I'm not impressed with all this technology and have considered taking a hit and sell this bike and going back to a simpler bike or even go back to metrics, have some thinking to do.  :(

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2015, 04:53:49 PM »

If you have the general manager's or even the owners email address use it to write to them with your issues. I have found that a personal letter usually starts the ball rolling and now that you have a CVO, most managers make an effort to develop personal relationships.

Just a couple hours ago I completed my deal for a red and silver '16 road glide, which is my 4th CVO from the same dealer. Both, the general manager and the owner together, completed the deal in the owners office without a salesman, the bike will be delivered to my home 50 miles from the shop tomorrow for free, and was given a hundred dollar gift card from the owner along with the handshake and a " I appreciate your loyalty and friendship".
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • CO

« Reply #89 on: October 04, 2015, 11:19:07 AM »

CLARIFICATION: Back around May I ordered and installed a DayVue NU068RA which was then considered the solution for the 6.5 Boom! Box screen. The NU068RA fit properly and worked just fine for me. After reading these later posts I contacted NuShield for clarification and came to the conclusion that the NU068RA and the NU068A are the same product made for the 6.5" screen (apparently they dropped the "R" because specifying "DayVue" meant the same thing). Apparently however, the 6.5" size (while correct) was a snug fit and some folks were having difficulty with the installation. NuShield's solution was to specify a slightly smaller 6.3" size (NU308A) of what is essentially the same film. Here's my question to NuShield and their answer:

MY QUESTION TO NUSHIELD: Earlier this year I consulted with you regarding an anti-glare solution for my 2015 Harley-Davidson Road  Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE) Infotainment screen. The solution for the Boom! Box 6.5 Infotainment screen at that time was the DayVue NU068RA (which I ordered) …….now I don’t see that number listed ………only “NU068A” (w/o the “R”)???. Is this a better solution? Now however, using your QUICK ORDER system (for the 2015 Harley-Davidson)  ……..why are you showing a completely different “NU308A” solution for a smaller 6.3” screen?

NUSHIELD REPLIES: We have had some discussion with customers for this application and this has led to a size change to NU308A as they said the NU068A did not fit correctly. Note that the “R” in the naming system means antiReflective DayVue film. This is stated in words in the shopping cart but is coded once it gets to our system.

I now see that NuShield has added a DayVue film for our 2015 speedo and tach and have placed an order :)!
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.

2015 FLTRUSE:
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.414 seconds with 21 queries.