Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"  (Read 33188 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Re: 2015 CVO RGU Screen Glare Issue "DANGEROUS"
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »

How does the stock screen protector come out?
I used a short piece of duct tape at one of the corners and pulled gently. If the factory film "resists", a toothpick can be used for "persuasion". It'll peel right off. Get the new film on asap to avoid any dust particles settling on the screen.
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

navigator

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »

THANKS, just ordered mine!
2015 CVO Roadglide (RG2)
FuelMotto 2-1-2 with E-Series, Pro-Action Rear Shocks, Ricor intimidators, Klockwreks, Carls Soft-brake, BOOM 2

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2015, 05:12:59 AM »

:cherry:  I Love Forums. plenty of good info.
I took delivery of my RG CVO Ultra in March, very pleased EXCEPT with the Radio & Sat Nav. Sh*t system.
and yes very dangerous when the sun is behind you, (we do get this sometimes in England!). added to the fact unable to see the display
in bright sun light.
I have now ordered this film to help, but also looking for a better non HD radio system with or without sat nav. I still have my garmin.
My radio refuses to find all the FM stations that I know are available on scan. I have asked the moco to investigate but have no faith.
Let me know if anybody has ideas on a european suitable radio system.

I am just fitting couple of Clearlight lamps to the bull bars as well. another post next week.

:2vrolijk_21:
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

ramdez

• CVO1: CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
    • ScottishHD
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »

my screen cover arrived yesterday and I applied it right away. Just back from a 150 mile ride today and WOW, what a difference. The only think that washes out the screen now is the sun hitting it full on, I doubt that anything would cope with that. I was seeing the screen 100 percent better now and even better than the dials LOL I am now wondering if they make them for the dials haha.
Great product and one hundred percent endorse it.
RamDez
CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® Ultra
Abyss Blue and Crushed Sapphire

flibb

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2015, 09:11:23 PM »

how hard is it to put the new protector on ..  i never can do it without bubbles   

2008 rocker c, 2003 fatboy, 2015 rgu

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2015, 04:29:05 AM »

Have been out of the loop for a bit. Interesting reading and solution. I ordered an ipad anti glare cover which I will trim and apply when I get home in a couple weeks. For $15  I'll give it a whirl.
Cheers Tom

CultusRider

• Just because you have a crack in your arse doesn't make you a cripple.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (sold)
    • CVO3: 2015 Fltruse
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »

Installed the new screen protector today - was not able to use the duct tape trick to lift off the oem screen cover, so used a suction cup to apply some "pull" and some air pressure with a needle valve (wrapped with a little tape to protect the screen) to direct the air into the corner and under the cover and it lifted up easily. The air pressure made all the difference. Backed outside onto the driveway directly under the sun and it was still too bright to see the screen properly while parked. Took it for a quick spin and the new screen protector is definitely an improvement although ultimately a custom visor will most likely be required.

CultusRider

miceracs

• Live 3 and ride safe
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Best Harley in Brighton 2011

• CVO1: 2015 RoadGlide Ultra CVO
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2015, 03:24:58 AM »

8) Interesting, I just fitted my anti glare kit as well. Went out last night with sun behind and no issues at all. just getting caught with sun in the wing mirrors now!
Although, I did not remove the existing screen cover first as reported by Cultusrider above. Just gave it a good clean.
Recommend the kit though.  :2vrolijk_21:
I work to fund my ability to roam countries on my bike, I live for the day when I no longer need to work and still do what I want!

CultusRider

• Just because you have a crack in your arse doesn't make you a cripple.
  • Junior CVO Member
  • Know What Matters

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 (sold)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (sold)
    • CVO3: 2015 Fltruse
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »

8) Interesting, I just fitted my anti glare kit as well. Went out last night with sun behind and no issues at all. just getting caught with sun in the wing mirrors now!
Although, I did not remove the existing screen cover first as reported by Cultusrider above. Just gave it a good clean.
Recommend the kit though.  :2vrolijk_21:

I thought about leaving the oem screen protector in place as well. Will be interesting to see if anyone else has done this and what the results are?
CultusRider

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2015, 02:49:00 PM »

Question about removing the existing protector.  The stock screen looks to have a thicker plastic piece over it with the corner notches.  What exactly are yall removing with the tape or suction cup?  Is the thicker plastic coming out or is there a thinner protector on top of it?  Saw an HD installation instructions for their replacement screen protector and it says to stick tape in the corner and pull the old protector off.  I just received two DayVue protectors so trying to figure out best way to install.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/downloads/Service/isheets/-J05729.pdf?version=desktop&
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

cptdenny

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2015, 11:13:25 PM »

Thanks for a remedy. Ordered my Nushield Day Vue yesterday.
2015 FLTRUSE

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2015, 08:54:12 AM »

Thanks so much for this information!

I bought 2 of these so I could try with the stock screen protector still in place first and then without the
Harley stock piece underneath it.

I installed OVER the stock piece and it REALLY helped! Now with sun behind me I cannot really see the screen BUT at least now it does not blind me when the sun is directly behind me. IT is a big improvement. I decided to leave it with both screen protectors on. Now I still have a spare!  :)
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:06 AM »

A little glare I can live with, but when the morning or afternoon sun is at your back the glare becomes almost blinding and the screen unusable. 
From a safety standpoint, that alone should have been caught at the factory or by the Rushmore thingy, but maybe they just made comments and never got to ride the thing in it's finished design?  To me, it doesn't look like anybody at the MOCO rode it either in it's completed state.  For a system that extravagant on a bike this expensive, plus after their much-touted Project Rushmore, this should have been discussed and eliminated early on...no brainer!  I mean, it's not like HD has only been making bikes for 5 years or so...right?
When the screen becomes unusable because of glare, that should be the minority of the time.  The vast minority.  I don't want to have to scoot up or lean way forward to be able to see what I'm doing on the screen, and I don't want to have to take more than one or two glances to move my selection around or to see where I am on the screen.  That makes this radio a whole lot less usable and safe and friendly and fun.
The guys out there that are 6'5" say they don't have a problem, but the rest of us are saying at the very least it's annoying, and at the worst, it's somewhat dangerous.
I guess I'm crying on deaf ears because will the MOCO ever read these posts?  If they were smart they would.  If anything came out of Rushmore it would have been read the blogs, MOCO!
Don't get me wrong, there are times when I love the screen, but it's when I'm in the shade or at night, or the sun is in front of me and not behind or above me!
C'mon, MOCO!  You had some great ideas with this thing, but placement and angle of placement should have been at the top of your priorities!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

navigator

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2015, 02:15:18 PM »

I could not get it to stick good to factory protection so I attached directly to screen. Nice improvement!
2015 CVO Roadglide (RG2)
FuelMotto 2-1-2 with E-Series, Pro-Action Rear Shocks, Ricor intimidators, Klockwreks, Carls Soft-brake, BOOM 2

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2015, 02:18:42 PM »

Just to update from post 69 above.  The original screen protector that appeared to be a thick plastic with the corners clipped came right out with tape and a little help with a blunt toothpick.  Cleaned the screen with a microfiber cloth and applied the DayVue which was easier than I anticipated.  DayVue darkened the screen slightly and it is less glare than before but not as good as I had hoped.  It is better but not total solution.  When I ordered the DayVue the HD Roadglide came up in the model selections and selected the size shown earlier in post 54.  I've tried to go back and get the HD model to come up again and cant find it.  Almost appeared they were adding the RG to their selection lists.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 22 queries.