Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Quick Detailing  (Read 21322 times)

REGGAB

Re: Quick Detailing
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 10:12:38 PM »

Henry, I felt terrible saying this since you gave me a can of the stuff. But I didn't do it the way you said. Maybe I screwed up. Worth another shot when I get home. :o ???

HeHe! Microfiber? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I used a towel like I always do. Spray it on the towel? Nope. Sprayed it on the bike and tried to wipe it off! Two steps. Nope, only tried it in one! My bad! I'll try harder next time Henry! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

What?  Are you kidding me?   ;D  There is a process for everything, Howie.   ;D  Standard work.   ;D  Damn......starting to sound like corporate policy now.  ;D  Just ride on down to Huntsville this weekend and I'll hook you up.  Scooter and Hobo will be here.  We're having T-Bones and Ribeyes Saturday night.  There's cold Yuengling Black & Tan in the beer cooler.  We'll see ya then.  :2vrolijk_21:

graygost267

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 10:11:22 AM »

:drink: :drink: :huepfenjump3:  Say Henry, are you suggesting we get togetherr in Huntsville this weekend and have a detailing/cookout party?   :drink:  I'll drink to that. :2vrolijk_21:  BTW, if it clears up on Thursday, wanna meet at Hooters for some wings and suds?  How was the cookout in KY?  Wish I could have made it..too many commitments.

graygost267

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 10:20:47 AM »

I've used Meguiars Quick Detail spray and thought it was the cat's PJ's, until Henry gave me a sample of the Honda cleaner. I haven't used the Meguiars since. The Meguiars does have a better aroma to it, but it was just a pain to use, too much like water and drips off of everything. The Honda cleaner goes on and stays put, until you wipe it off.

Honda cleaner gets  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: from me.

:indian_chief:

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2008, 09:16:31 AM »

Oh boy, prolly the only one. But don't agree. I am not into cleaning and want stuff that's easy to use. My bike was a mess, and I washed it today at Ken's. Then I used that Honda chit for the first time. Man, that stuff just don't come off. You gotta rub and rub, and it still leaves a film. Not easy to work with. Need stuff that comes right off after application. What works well easily, without all that elbow grease and time, for a quick & easy cleaner/polish? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
Britemax #6S Wet Look detail spray, the best hands down!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2008, 10:36:57 AM »

Are there any surfaces you have to avoid with the Honda Spray or is it good for everything on the bike? :nixweiss:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »

Are there any surfaces you have to avoid with the Honda Spray or is it good for everything on the bike? :nixweiss:

I have used it on the paint, chrome and windscreen with great results. I have not tried it on the tire tread but waiting on someone else to give that surface a solid test.

:indian_chief:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 10:45:14 AM »

If you spray the shiite outta in to cracks and crevices, it could be a apin in the arse to get out...
I use it on most of the bike...I use the residue after wiping on the cloth to do the chrome...
When I do it that is... :cucumber:

REGGAB

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »

:drink: :drink: :huepfenjump3:  Say Henry, are you suggesting we get togetherr in Huntsville this weekend and have a detailing/cookout party?   :drink:  I'll drink to that. :2vrolijk_21:  BTW, if it clears up on Thursday, wanna meet at Hooters for some wings and suds?  How was the cookout in KY?  Wish I could have made it..too many commitments.

graygost267

Ken,
Scooter and Hobo will be here this evening.  We're meeting at Huntsville Speedway tonight.  They want to go to the Space and Rocket Center tomorrow.  T-bones and Ribeyes with baked taters, salad, Yuengling Black & Tan at my house tomorrow night.  Come on over.
Well, since I just saw this, last night is gone.........non-replenishable asset.  Chit!  Renea and I had work to do around the house anyway.
The trip to Ken and Cheri's was great.  You missed a good one.  There's a thread with pictures in the Events forum.  d00D can point you to it.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 12:10:40 PM »

Ken,
Scooter and Hobo will be here this evening.  We're meeting at Huntsville Speedway tonight.  They want to go to the Space and Rocket Center tomorrow.  T-bones and Ribeyes with baked taters, salad, Yuengling Black & Tan at my house tomorrow night.  Come on over.
Well, since I just saw this, last night is gone.........non-replenishable asset.  Chit!  Renea and I had work to do around the house anyway.
The trip to Ken and Cheri's was great.  You missed a good one.  There's a thread with pictures in the Events forum.  d00D can point you to it.
They start here.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

REGGAB

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 12:13:16 PM »

They start here.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thank you, Sir.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2008, 12:18:43 PM »

Oh boy, prolly the only one. But don't agree. I am not into cleaning and want stuff that's easy to use. My bike was a mess, and I washed it today at Ken's. Then I used that Honda chit for the first time. Man, that stuff just don't come off. You gotta rub and rub, and it still leaves a film. Not easy to work with. Need stuff that comes right off after application. What works well easily, without all that elbow grease and time, for a quick & easy cleaner/polish? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
I use the Honda detailer spray religiously and I don't have a problem like that with it at all.  I use the two micro-fiber towel routine with it.  One to get the bulk of the spray off and the second to "buff" the surface.  Never seems to leave any film on my bikes.   :nixweiss:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

fasteddie

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 11:19:56 PM »

I use Meguires Speed Detailer or Quick Detailer both seem to do good for me.

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 12:27:26 AM »

Lemon Pledge (Yes, Pledge furniture polish) with microfibre. Only $3.00 per can and it works great. I have tried it all and Pledge always prevails IMO.  ;)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 04:53:14 PM »

Lemon Pledge (Yes, Pledge furniture polish) with microfibre. Only $3.00 per can and it works great. I have tried it all and Pledge always prevails IMO.  ;)
Back in High school, (a long long, long time ago) my buddy used to do his car with lemon pledge, tires, wheels everything, car looked good too. I just cant, I dont know why, but I cant.
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »

Back in High school, (a long long, long time ago) my buddy used to do his car with lemon pledge, tires, wheels everything, car looked good too. I just cant, I dont know why, but I cant.

I used to use Pledge on my old Softail and the 02 Ultra.  It always did a fantastic job of detailing the motorcycles, but I think I know what you mean.  Thumper isn't furniture.  She's a fine piece of American machinery, and deserves better.  On the other hand, I'm not sure that AMREP's Spray Cleaner and Polish or Brightmax 6S is any better, but my heart says those products are.  I feel better using them and leaving the Pledge for the furniture in the house.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:13:12 PM by Thumpin' 107 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 24 queries.