Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guy Shot While Riding  (Read 1833 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Guy Shot While Riding
« on: June 26, 2020, 12:19:17 PM »

So this happened....

On the local news feed was report of a bike accident and gunshot last night.  It was a confusing headline.  We don't have Hearsts or Wynands writing in the local media though so that's not uncommon.  Anyway....

Bike accidents nearly always make the news here.  Reading the article to see if it was someone I knew and a paragraph in (thanks for burying the lead) it turns out the rider was shot.  Apparently shot while riding and then crashed.  Both the coverage and pics suggest a slow speed accident so, apparently, the rider got the bike slowed down before laying it over.

Other motorists reported seeing a bike accident.  That's what brought out EMS.  According to the article the gunshot wound was discovered at hospital after transport.

I'm sorry but, what the f$%*?  Now you can't help but wonder if the guy was specifically targeted, just a random one off thing from some tweaker also on the road, or if now there's worry some jackass is deciding bikers are a next target.  2020 sucks.  Oh yeah, and the African dust cloud comes next.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Guy Shot While Riding
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 12:51:19 PM »

I thought I smelled an elephant from the African dust cloud until I remembered I ate asparagus yesterday.

Like deja vu all over again, isn't it?

Never been shot at while riding, hope that doesn't catch on.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »

Dairy Queen.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »

Yes. But they have no Cherry Limeade at our DQ & the last time I asked they did not even know about Cherry Syrup for Cokes & Limeades, etc.  It was so shocking, I had to have a Peanut Buster parfait.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2020, 01:13:36 PM »

Yes. But they have no Cherry Limeade at our DQ & the last time I asked they did not even know about Cherry Syrup

WTF?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2020, 01:27:26 PM »

WTF?

They told me & I quote "We have Cherry Coke in the drink machine.  What is cherry syrup?"

I considered explaining it all but decided against it because of the Metric System.  The miseducation of our youth goes way beyond reading, retelling history creatively, writing, and Jethro Bodine ciphers.  Imagine the sadness of not knowing cherry syrup added to the things it should be added to. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2020, 02:30:42 PM »

They told me & I quote "We have Cherry Coke in the drink machine.  What is cherry syrup?"

I considered explaining it all but decided against it because of the Metric System.  The miseducation of our youth goes way beyond reading, retelling history creatively, writing, and Jethro Bodine ciphers.  Imagine the sadness of not knowing cherry syrup added to the things it should be added to.

Is it one of the newer cassette type beverage machines?  If so those things have a cherry syrup additive you can add to damn near anything.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2020, 03:14:59 PM »

Is it one of the newer cassette type beverage machines?  If so those things have a cherry syrup additive you can add to damn near anything.

No it's the old type machine.  Those new machines - 5 Guys & some of the others have them - are great.  Vanilla, cherry adds & lots of options.  They cost $3-4k each & that keeps some fast food places from getting them. 

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2020, 03:38:51 PM »

No it's the old type machine.  Those new machines - 5 Guys & some of the others have them - are great.  Vanilla, cherry adds & lots of options.  They cost $3-4k each & that keeps some fast food places from getting them. 

Some of those machines have a wifi or cellular connection also.  Local distributor (or Mother Cola?) can watch usage, see what's popular, handle stocking, etc.  Skynet is good.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2020, 03:46:57 PM »

Some of those machines have a wifi or cellular connection also.  Local distributor (or Mother Cola?) can watch usage, see what's popular, handle stocking, etc.  Skynet is good.

A giant eye with an ear in the sky is all we need to complete the scenario.  Elon Musk could make one in his spare time.

When I was a young whippersnapper, the local drug store soda fountain made Cokes from Coke syrup added to soda water.  From memory these were the best Cokes ever, nothing better.  We would ask for cherry syrup - a couple of squirts - and that was even better. 

These new machines are close though when they are set right.  Some places - gas stations can be the worst - cheat on the mix ratios.  A pox upon them & their ilk.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2020, 04:08:58 PM »

When I was a young whippersnapper, the local drug store soda fountain made Cokes from Coke syrup added to soda water.  From memory these were the best Cokes ever, nothing better.  We would ask for cherry syrup - a couple of squirts - and that was even better. 

I remember a few of those.  I was a kid in SoCal.  No such thing that I recall ever seeing in Orange County.  But on family vacations back to Missouri and Arkansas dad always made it a point to stop where he knew those places still were.  It was a treat.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2020, 04:37:05 PM »

I remember a few of those.  I was a kid in SoCal.  No such thing that I recall ever seeing in Orange County.  But on family vacations back to Missouri and Arkansas dad always made it a point to stop where he knew those places still were.  It was a treat.

Yeah, a treat for sure.  There were a couple of places in my little Texas hometown that made these.  Both long gone, out of business.  When I was sick, long before the CovidialCoronial Hey 19 (semi obscure Steely Dan ref) deal one of my parental units would get some Coke syrup from the drug store for my non socially distanced treatment. I always got better since am still here so it must have worked some.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.