Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Dainese air bag that will fit with any jacket  (Read 2872 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
New Dainese air bag that will fit with any jacket
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »

The older I get the more I try and protect myself as much as I can when I ride. As i posted up here in June I hit an oil patch and went over the bars at about 35 mph hitting head first. I was wearing the AGV Carbon Sportmodular helmet and didnt even have a headache that night. I also was wearing Held gloves with titanium knuckle protection (actually rubbed through a spot on the titanium), Rokker riding jeans, Langlitz leather jacket with Bohn armored shirt underneath and Daytona boots. Though I certainly felt like I got hit by a truck after and very bruised up, absolutely no blood anywhere and no lasting injuries other than the 21K damage to the bike. Ironically that day when I was getting ready I almost didnt fully "suit up" as I was not going for my typical long ride but was only going about 75 miles that day because I was meeting my wife for lunch but ultimately did thank God!
After this I ordered exact same helmet and gloves (thank you Geico..) and started looking into getting a air bag that I had been seeing on this site and others. As I mentioned I wear a Langlitz jacket which I absolutely love so getting a air bag equipped jacket was not a possibility for me and only thing I could do was get a air bag vest which would tether to the bike which I just couldnt get excited about. IMO opinion they are really ugly which I was getting my head around but having to hook up every time I get on the bike and remember to unhook when I get off just did bugged me though I was really struggling with that as I knew I should just do it.
Yesterday I went to the Motorcycle show in Long Beach where my buddy told me they were doing deals on the new Helite 2 vest. I checked it out and just couldnt get myself to pull the trigger for same reasons above. As I was about to leave I saw the Dainese tent and went over and saw this new (to me at least) air bag vest that used an algorithm to deploy and fits under any jacket. I tried it on and it was very light and also seemed to have great ventilation (another reason I wasnt excited about wearing one). It would replace the Bohn armored shirt I wear so looks to me as the perfect answer other than of course its on back order and they are not sure when they will be able to fill order.
Thought I would share for others in same predicament as me. Its called "The Smart Jacket" (though its a vest) and link below.
 https://www.dainese.com/us/en/smart-jacket.html
Alan

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New Dainese air bag that will fit with any jacket
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »

Their site listed a repair of the vest at $299.95 after a deployment event.  No place did I see a cost for the purchase of the vest up front.  Was a price offered at the show?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 06:11:53 AM »

Without taking the time to go through the link, how effective do you think it would be worn inside a snug jacket? If it's going to deploy and it's between you and a jacket, something has to give.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 08:13:43 AM »

Their site listed a repair of the vest at $299.95 after a deployment event.  No place did I see a cost for the purchase of the vest up front.  Was a price offered at the show?

down at the bottom of the page:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 09:19:37 AM »

Very Nice. Thanks for the info.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 12:07:02 AM »

Without taking the time to go through the link, how effective do you think it would be worn inside a snug jacket? If it's going to deploy and it's between you and a jacket, something has to give.
I called Langlitz and they can add a couple of inches if necessary though I am not sure I will need it. Dainese has corp stores around including 1 about 120 miles away from me. I have a appointment scheduled for Saturday where I will ride up and they can check the fit to see if I need to add. I can fit my clenched fist inside my jacket when fully closed up so thinking it will be ok but if I have to add I will to have the peace of mind (hopefully thats all..)
Alan

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 05:41:41 AM »

I called Langlitz and they can add a couple of inches if necessary though I am not sure I will need it. Dainese has corp stores around including 1 about 120 miles away from me. I have a appointment scheduled for Saturday where I will ride up and they can check the fit to see if I need to add. I can fit my clenched fist inside my jacket when fully closed up so thinking it will be ok but if I have to add I will to have the peace of mind (hopefully thats all..)
:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 09:44:22 AM »

Thanks for the heads up on this product Alan.

I think in my case, I'd have to wear it on the outside.   Every time I put my jacket on lately I wonder if the zipper is going to bust.  :P

Just wondering, now that you've had all three bikes for awhile......which one do you ride the most or which one pulls at you the most?  I understand different bikes and different features but when you're ready to get on and ride they way we do....which one calls your name?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.