Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: New CVO Road Glide ?  (Read 18375 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: New CVO Road Glide ?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 09:41:57 PM »

When looking at the post/topic count for this forum, keep in mind, this site wasn't started until 2002, almost a full three years after the SERG was out.  By that time, no doubt a lot of the new-ness of that model had worn off for its owners.   Also, even if the site had been up and running when the SERGs first arrived, I would go so far as to say the internet was pretty much in its infancy at the time and not many people were doing what we enjoy doing today, chatting about our rides and talking about the next mods (not that SERGs get modded ;)).

Brian

I agree with you there!
I have to add this though,
When I see a Screaming Eagle I give them a site card.
Even the older CVO's. Just because they were produced before this site was has no bearing to me.
Actually for me it makes them even more special because of what they can bring to the table in information.

:2vrolijk_21:

S/B with the unmodded SERG!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:48:18 PM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 12:01:44 AM »

Willie, What do you think that beautiful SERG was in your face about ? That was a very professionally built bike to give you a hint. Imagine it with SE graphics on it !  Are you there ?  :wall: 

hafbad0

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 07:05:13 AM »

I gave up on my wait for the CVO Road Glide and purchased the CVO Ultra Classic.  I decided if they did not make one for the 08 model year they probably would not make one for a while.  With retirement hastily approaching I wanted to get a new CVO and have it about paid for before leaving my 8 to 5 job.  I will just cherish my 00' until I sell it.  I still think that the Road Glide is the best riding and handling touring bike that Harley has made.  Best overall has to be the (FLX)Low Rider, last produced in 1994.  Wish that I had kept that one also.  Certainly appreciate your post from talking with Willie G.   :2vrolijk_21:

Milford   

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »

Maybe Willie G needs to lurk on this site a little. :nixweiss: Then he'd know what the consumers want.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I think the MOCO is pretty much clueless on what we want anymore-sad but true.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 09:30:10 AM »

There are not as many post in the SERG because they didn't have the problems the new bikes do.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 09:35:55 AM »

There are not as many post in the SERG because they didn't have the problems the new bikes do.

Good one Dave.   :D

Guess that means we all tend to complain about our problems more than we are willing to post about how happy we are with our rides. 

:cherry:

I'd bet it is more a numbers game though. 

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 10:14:09 AM »

Thanks Milford,  My best bike was my 84 FXR, but once you go bagger ya can't go back. :2vrolijk_21:

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »

Thanks for starting this thread and posting those pics. LD ( my ORG) is as close to a SERG as I could come EXCEPT for the lowers. I'd been wanting to see what they look like on an RG and from those pics, they look sweet. I'm gonna ask Santa for a set for Christmas

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 11:31:18 AM »

Thanks for starting this thread and posting those pics. LD ( my ORG) is as close to a SERG as I could come EXCEPT for the lowers. I'd been wanting to see what they look like on an RG and from those pics, they look sweet. I'm gonna ask Santa for a set for Christmas

B B

Brian, lowers and what else?  If LD could have anything it wanted for Christmas what is left that you'd like to do with it?

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »

B B

I thought that bike would catch your eye!   :2vrolijk_21:

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 11:44:21 AM »

Brian, lowers and what else?  If LD could have anything it wanted for Christmas what is left that you'd like to do with it?

hahahahahahahahah   You do so love to torture me Don    hahahahahahaha

OK, I've already got $35k tied up in LD but here's what's left on the list.

Lowers
Hi output starter
Hydraulic clutch
Chrome inner primary
Vibration isolater for rear wheel
PM Chrome 6 piston Front Calipers
Chrome passenger footrest brkts
Chrome rider footrest brkts

Nothing $4k or $5k wouldn't take care of and then I've got a $40,000 "stock " 07 Road Glide

;) B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 02:27:31 PM »

hahahahahahahahah   You do so love to torture me Don    hahahahahahaha

OK, I've already got $35k tied up in LD but here's what's left on the list.

Lowers
Hi output starter
Hydraulic clutch
Chrome inner primary
Vibration isolater for rear wheel
PM Chrome 6 piston Front Calipers
Chrome passenger footrest brkts
Chrome rider footrest brkts

Nothing $4k or $5k wouldn't take care of and then I've got a $40,000 "stock " 07 Road Glide

;) B B

Hey buddy, that's a pretty manageable list by the standards of this crowd :huepfenlol2: .

I'd remembered the clutch.  The other bolt on items don't seem a big surprise either.  What do you have in mind for the lowers?  A very true-to-original-theme paint or some homage to CVO-ness that is all your own?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 02:36:02 PM »

Hey buddy, that's a pretty manageable list by the standards of this crowd :huepfenlol2: .

I'd remembered the clutch.  The other bolt on items don't seem a big surprise either.  What do you have in mind for the lowers?  A very true-to-original-theme paint or some homage to CVO-ness that is all your own?

Don, the paint on LD seems to be an evolving thing. Once I get the lowers on it, it'll take a few beers, a few more beers and yeah probably a few more before I see in my minds eye what the lowers need to look like. One thing for sure, much as I hated to let Elvis go, Beags was dead on when he said I'd never owned a bike that fits me like LD does. And obviously with only one in the stable it becomes a lot easier to manage as you say the much needed upgrades. So far, the MoCo is making it easy on me too. I was convinced after everything I did to LD they'd come out with an 08 SERG. LD will be paid for by the time the 09's come out, so even if they do now, I can buy one. ( :oops: did I really say that ? ) Howie's gonna be on me again about owning two baggers -- - - especially since he's in process turning his SERK into a sport tourer     ;)

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 02:41:59 PM »

Don, the paint on LD seems to be an evolving thing. Once I get the lowers on it, it'll take a few beers, a few more beers and yeah probably a few more before I see in my minds eye what the lowers need to look like. One thing for sure, much as I hated to let Elvis go, Beags was dead on when he said I'd never owned a bike that fits me like LD does. And obviously with only one in the stable it becomes a lot easier to manage as you say the much needed upgrades. So far, the MoCo is making it easy on me too. I was convinced after everything I did to LD they'd come out with an 08 SERG. LD will be paid for by the time the 09's come out, so even if they do now, I can buy one. ( :oops: did I really say that ? ) Howie's gonna be on me again about owning two baggers -- - - especially since he's in process turning his SERK into a sport tourer     ;)

B B

Would seem that especially after your striping the visualization and process would be a requirement.  The mind's eye just too often doesn't compare to seeing the real thing except for those very few souls that are incredibly gifted that way.  I'll be looking forward to the process :2vrolijk_21: .

Hey, by the way, did you see the latest issue "New York Iron" on the newstands?  Had this long article about new classifications of heavyweight bikes.  In between Sport Touring and Touring/Full Dresser was this entire new category called HB/Dresser: Howie Bagger  :mango: .

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 02:45:26 PM »

-- - - especially since he's in process turning his SERK into a sport tourer     ;)

B B

Not that he will admit that he is heading down that path.

At least not right now.

Maybe not for a month or six.

Let's see what a year brings.    ........
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 21 queries.