Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: New CVO Road Glide ?  (Read 18378 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: New CVO Road Glide ?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2007, 03:29:21 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread and posting those pics. LD ( my ORG) is as close to a SERG as I could come EXCEPT  for the lowers. I'd been wanting to see what they look like on an RG and from those pics, they look sweet. I'm gonna ask Santa for a set for ChristmasB B

B B

A question for you.
Your quote,
My apologies to all of you who actually own an 00 SERG Pumpkin for my avatar. I bought one back when they first came out and like a fool sold it because the motor (in stock form ) was such a dog.

Did you leave it in stock form? If no then tell us (me) what you did to it. Mine is in need of a tune but even needing a tune it runs well above a 100 + with ease.

And concerning LD, get those lowers but then save your bucks and find you a 00 or 01 SERG and by that time you can ride mine and wonder in amazement how a dog turned into a greyhound. ;)

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2007, 03:43:35 PM »

Chip,
        I put a SE Breather kit and a set of Hooker Slip-ons on my 00 SERG. Don't get me wrong, it would run strong all day long and easily broke the century mark, but it had no take off, no real get up and go. I'd had a couple of 100" motors at that point and it just didn't run with em. Also, at the time, I was tired of high performance bikes that ran like the wind but broke down a lot. About 3 months before I bought the 00 SERG, I had ridden from east of Barstow to Dago on one cylinder with a 100 + hp 80" RK running 11.5/1 compression. So when the 03 SERK came out, I had to have one. Turned out to be a fantastic bike in it's own right, but if I could choose between having my 00 SERG Pumpkin or Elvis back again, I'd take the 00 SERG. So right now LD is my only motorcycle and likely to be for awhile. Linda and I are helping the oldest with her Medical School bills and the youngest is headed off to graduate school soon. Also, with my DJD not getting any better, retirement is something I have to pay attention to. Linda and I do ok, but we're working stiffs just like most. So to be honest my friend, another bike is just not in the picture at the moment. Who knows what the future will bring, but for the time being, I will live vicariously through my friends like you who have a stable full of fine horses.

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2007, 03:51:17 PM »

Chip,
        I put a SE Breather kit and a set of Hooker Slip-ons on my 00 SERG. Don't get me wrong, it would run strong all day long and easily broke the century mark, but it had no take off, no real get up and go.
B B

Thanks Bud!

As Brian (103T) pointed out earlier in another topic 00 and 01 was light years ago in internet and dyno developement.
I bet a good tune with a power commander and that dog would have woke up.

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2007, 09:05:39 PM »

Thanks for starting this thread and posting those pics. LD ( my ORG) is as close to a SERG as I could come EXCEPT for the lowers. I'd been wanting to see what they look like on an RG and from those pics, they look sweet. I'm gonna ask Santa for a set for Christmas

B B

Spidy, I was wondering how long it would take to shake you out. The lowers did look great, and those rims !! :thumbsup:  If Willie said YES, I was even going to go for the shark fins.  Doc

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 09:56:27 AM »

The MOCO is all over this site, believe me!  As well they should be. I'm hoping for a  SERG next year, I dont see why they wouldnt, it will sell like the proverbial hotcakes, and in my opinion, it aint a CVO unless its a REAL CVO!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 08:27:53 PM »

in my opinion, it aint a CVO unless its a REAL CVO!

I don't recall trying to pass off LD as a CVO nor have I seen any other members trying to pass off a non CVO as a CVO, so you're point is ????????? 

B B

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 08:47:47 PM »

This is a CVO MC based site. Look at hdforums and the number of Road Glides there. Road Glides are gaining popularity. One side of me says that is unfortunate as every parking lot will have a half a dozen where as they don't now. On the other hand it would be nice to see more Road Glide specific stuff available. Look at the number of Road Glide features in American Bagger. They sure look nice all tricked out. So with all that babble said I'd sure like to see a new Screamin' Chicken (without the 110 though).
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 09:06:29 PM »

I don't think the post count by forum means anything regarding the popularity of any of the models.  There are less folks who have CVO RG's than the other CVO bikes so it stands to reason there would be less posts in those forums.  Plus it has been since 2001 since they did one and even though those are still great looking bikes they are getting a little long in the tooth.

The truth is the MOCO could build any of the touring bikes as the CVO bike and they would all sell out.  CVO's are of such a limited supply there is no worry at all they will sell out any and I mean any touring bike they choose to put out as a CVO model.  Facts are facts and I bet no one will disagree with that.

Now all that said, it is way past time for MOCO do do something special for us loyal RG fans.  We have been patient and waited all too long for the return of a CVO RG.  For the last few years I am at the top of my dealers list hoping that when the new line up of CVO bikes is announced it is the RG.  Each of those years I passed and did not buy the other CVO touring bike choices.  I still have that green in my pocket and waiting for the day to come when I can give it to them and pick up my new CVO RG.  Maybe next year is the year?  We can only hope so.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 10:21:03 PM »

The MOCO is all over this site, believe me!  As well they should be. I'm hoping for a  SERG next year, I dont see why they wouldnt, it will sell like the proverbial hotcakes, and in my opinion, it aint a CVO unless its a REAL CVO!

Just makes me wonder how people come up with their rationale.
Will it sell?
Of course!
As Puzzled said, "Road Glides are gaining popularity"
Baggers are in.
All baggers are in.
Ck the sales figures for the last 10 years for the Road Glide platform.
Have they ever sold like proverbial hotcakes?
Never!
Will they sell now?
Yes!
But based on history not as well as a FLH based platform.
Can the "Motor Company" build a FLT CVO?
Of course, but in a public company where profit dictates production, the answer is most likely not.
But then we can always dream and hope!

I love my SERG and am glad it resides here!
Next time you see one, remember the numbers are dwindling and the values are going up.
The first is a shame and the last is good!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:23:41 PM by Silver-Black »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »

I don't think the post count by forum means anything regarding the popularity of any of the models.  There are less folks who have CVO RG's than the other CVO bikes so it stands to reason there would be less posts in those forums.  Plus it has been since 2001 since they did one and even though those are still great looking bikes they are getting a little long in the tooth.

The truth is the MOCO could build any of the touring bikes as the CVO bike and they would all sell out.  CVO's are of such a limited supply there is no worry at all they will sell out any and I mean any touring bike they choose to put out as a CVO model.  Facts are facts and I bet no one will disagree with that.

Now all that said, it is way past time for MOCO do do something special for us loyal RG fans.  We have been patient and waited all too long for the return of a CVO RG.  For the last few years I am at the top of my dealers list hoping that when the new line up of CVO bikes is announced it is the RG.  Each of those years I passed and did not buy the other CVO touring bike choices.  I still have that green in my pocket and waiting for the day to come when I can give it to them and pick up my new CVO RG.  Maybe next year is the year?  We can only hope so.

I wonder what the long-term plans are for the Road Glide?  I heard this might be the last year for the Springer for awhile.  Maybe they'll do another SERG just before the Road Glide goes on hiatus. :nixweiss:

BTW . . . no offense, they're fabulous looking bikes and I'd love to have one in the garage, but the SE Springer . . . . more proof the CVO group doesn't "only produce bikes the consumer demands."

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2007, 10:46:41 PM »

I'm hoping they never make another one. The Mo Co's position continues to make the SERG a very desirable bike. Plus we SERG owners hardly ever see ourselves going the opposite way on the road.  The Road Glide has been Harley's best kept secret for years. I had two XR-1000 back in the late 80's. They produced that bike for two (83 and 84) years and only in two colors. Now 20 odd years later its a $15K bike.

Harley continues to load the market with the SEEG and SERK. Eventually they'll be like belly buttons everyone will have one! Harley should take lessons from Porsche when manufacturing unique models. They should drop either the SEEG or the SERK from the CVO line-up for five years. They have plenty of models to turn into CVO's.

FrankD
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2007, 10:50:57 PM »

I'm hoping they never make another one. The Mo Co's position continues to make the SERG a very desirable bike. Plus we SERG owners hardly ever see ourselves going the opposite way on the road.  The Road Glide has been Harley's best kept secret for years. I had two XR-1000 back in the late 80's. They produced that bike for two (83 and 84) years and only in two colors. Now 20 odd years later its a $15K bike.

Harley continues to load the market with the SEEG and SERK. Eventually they'll be like belly buttons everyone will have one! Harley should take lessons from Porsche when manufacturing unique models. They should drop either the SEEG or the SERK from the CVO line-up for five years. They have plenty of models to turn into CVO's.

FrankD
SEEG was only two years (like the SERG) '04 & '05 the MoCo has had three consecutive years of the SEUG since then.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FrankD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »

Fired00d,
I stand corrected! I would like to see the CVO Bat Wing model or the CVO Road King model take a sabbatical. But since Baggers are in such high demand I don't see it happening. For some reason the MoCo seems compelled to continue with a Bat Wing bike every year. I was impressed when they came out with the Springer. Someone at the MoCo was thinking out of the box in 07 and 08.

FrankD
Of every one-hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them, they make the battle. Ah, but one, one of them is a Warrior... He will bring the others home.

Hericletus 500BC

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2007, 11:24:24 PM »

For whatever reason it seems that "custom" baggers have taken off. I think they have actually become more popular then custom choppers. :nixweiss: I think the MoCo is taking a look at what the current trend is and trying to cash in on that. If you walk into most dealers you have a better chance of seeing a CVO other then a bagger sitting on the floor that hasn't already been sold.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

MikeD

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2007, 06:32:54 AM »

Hey just an FYI, I was at the Stone Mountain HD and came a cross this customized Road Glide with a 110, custom paint, chrome that would make d00d jealous, wheels, true trak, etc.  I have the pic emailed me from the dealer but the res is too high and I'm not computer savy enough to adjust it.  It should be coming  up on thier web site soon.  They also had a Street Glide there done up with the same stuff.  They're asking 33k and somehow saying that everything is discounted 20%.  I can forward the pics if needed. let me know. Or if one of the web masters can re-size and post let me know, it's worth taking a look see.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.323 seconds with 21 queries.