Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Re: 01 RG Handlebar wobble when de-accelerating  (Read 5605 times)

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
Re: 01 RG Handlebar wobble when de-accelerating
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2005, 01:05:05 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, JjR,

JR

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2005, 08:42:55 PM »

I have had the same experience with my 01 since new (now 12,000 mi) and had it checked out at 3 different dealers and kept getting the same advice "don't take your hands off the bars". I'm not particularly satisfied with that response but it is at least consistent, the bike handles great other than the wobble so I just don't take my hands off the bars when de-accelerating. It would be great if someone knows how to fix it or at least what causes it.

booboosboss

• Junior CVO Member
  • SATISFIED
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005, 02:38:52 AM »

TRY THIS ... FIND A NICE STRETCH OF ROAD THAT YOU CAN ACTIVATE YOUR CRUISE CONTROL , THEN TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF , THERE SHOULD BE NO WOBBLE ... THE WOBBLE , AS WAS EXPLAINED TO ME , IS INDUCED BY THE DECELERATION OF THE V-TWIN'S UNEVEN RECIPROCATING MASS .... JUST REMEMBER THE DEATH OR SERIOUS INJURY RULE [smiley=skull.gif] .....

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 06:27:21 PM »

To JjR:

Had the exact same problem on a 2001 Road Glide.
JR

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2005, 06:48:33 PM »

TO ALL:

I took the bike into HD and they found that the tire had a bad belt in it. Problem solved!

That's great you got it fixed, now the question is how did they determine that the tire had a bad belt? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2005, 07:12:44 PM »

That's great you got it fixed, now the question is how did they determine that the tire had a bad belt? [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Lake Shore HD called about 45 minutes ago and told me that they checked out the front end and then determined that the tire had a bad belt.  That is all I know for know, I have yet to pick up the bike. I 'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow.

The bitch is that I bought the tire from Dennis Kick on a price match so I got it for $90 delivered. The dealer wants $170 for there tire plus a hour or so labor for the front end inspection. CRAP [smiley=confused5.gif]

So now the tire must e sent back to Kirk for a credit, I just called them and I was told no problem on that but when I asked what about all the freaking money I had to spend because of the new bad tire they sold me I was told sorry!

Will update later........
JR

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 10:15:46 AM »

Lake Shore HD called about 45 minutes ago and told me that they checked out the front end and then determined that the tire had a bad belt.
JR

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2005, 12:24:20 PM »

Well just got home from the dealer and the bike now handels perfect, no wobble with hands off at any speed. Road home on quite a windy day and can say that this bike handles 100% better then my Road King in the wind.

So I would guess that the bottom line is if you get a new tire and you experaince this you might replace the tire first. Mine looks brand new but had a problem, one that was not figured out till I spent $275.00 for HD to look at it and determine that the new tire was at fault.

THE END

John
JR

JjR

• Senior CVO Member
  • WTF
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2005, 03:23:12 PM »

Well just got home from the dealer and the bike now handels perfect, no wobble with hands off at any speed. Road home on quite a windy day and can say that this bike handles 100% better then my Road King in the wind.

So I would guess that the bottom line is if you get a new tire and you experaince this you might replace the tire first. Mine looks brand new but had a problem, one that was not figured out till I spent $275.00 for HD to look at it and determine that the new tire was at fault.

THE END

John

This to to Comment the Dennis Kirk Company who helped me out with the problem. These folks jumped right in when called them about the bill. With no Bull chit the stepped right up to the bat and paid the all the HD bills I ended up getting a check for $231.18 which worked out with the original refund of my tire money.

I can say that this is one stand up company and they will have my business for years to come!

Also as you may not know Dennis Kirk will price match any legitimate offer for any of there items and beat the price by $1.00 and they have all items in stock!!!!!!!!!

Enough said Denns Kirk IT FREAKING GREAT!

FWIW there tires are fresh from the manfactur and they have a much higher turn around that then any HD dealer. So do not believe the dealer BS that when ever you buy a tire online at almost half the price he is selling that it has to be a second.!
JR
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.